• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [Water] Dynamic Selection Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Alo!
---
I've been more suffering with this new sort of selecting sources than getting benefited.
I some duels, I use the new method to use WaterManipulation and water tornado in my foes. But when things get worse, usually I defend myself from FireBlasts with Torrent, OctopusForm and/or Surge. Torrent works perfect with this. Octopus, 100%. But Surge is kinda messed up when you try to select another source... I try to use Surge from a bottle, the Shield form, but instead of having a beautiful wall of water in front of me, I see some smoke inside a water lake, selected.

SUGGESTION TIME!
Basicly, this would go this way:
If the bender selects a source (blocky) and uses a move, in order to use the same move with the Dynamic Sourcing the bender shall DOUBLE tap the key used to select a source.

EXAMPLES:
I select a lake as a source for my Torrent (tap shift) and I shoot it away.
I wanna select it again while looking at my target: (while looking) Tap Shift > Tap+Hold Shift > Shoot it.
My enemy is running at me, using multiple FireBlasts. I tap (once) and hold shift with Surge, and the Water will come from the bottles. Again, I use snother lake as source, tapping shift once with Surge, Click at the target. Then, double-click + shift to create a Shield, OR double-tap-shift (hold) + click to shoot water from the lake.

IN RESUME:
  • This affects all the abilities that need water sources;
  • You have to double tap the selection key in order to use the move once again without looking at the source;
  • Pros:
    • Reduces WaterManipulation spam;
    • The bender gets the possibility to choose between blocks and bottles as a water source;
  • Cons:
    • Confusing to starters;
    • Gives more work to coders that already work a LOT.
Thanks for reading!

Sorin

Verified Member
I don't like this idea as being it would add extra time to perform the same move, as well as confuse a lot of benders, and make it over complicated to re-select the source, switching back to old sourcing would be faster than this, sorry but I really don't see why this is help full at all.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I don't think this is very necessary in the plugin right now. Not only is it unnecessary, but it is to complicated and confusing. I don't see the big problem with having a source selected over using Water Bottles. If anything, it shouldn't affect you at all.

I'm going to deny this, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.