• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Bending Add-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Element: Water
Add-On to: Both Water Manipulation and Torrent
Based Off Of: Numerous Scenes in both ATLA and LoK

Basic Idea: This idea is somewhat similar to other ideas about being able to reuse water from moves like Octopus Form, Torrent, and Water Wave. My idea is that you can make a ring of water around yourself using torrent, but then quickly switch to Water Manipulation all the while sneaking. With Water Manipulation selected and a ring of water continuously circling you, all you have to do is L-Click in a direction and a Water Manipulation will shoot in that direction. You could shoot a configurable amount of Water Manipulations (my suggestion is three) before running out of water that you were previously using from the ring that was circling you.
Usefulness: I can see how some may think of this as useless, but if you are in a dire situation in the desert and there's only one dead bush or a single cactus, then you can use this add-on to give yourself a slight advantage.
Pros: This can be seen as a way to help water benders while they are away from water, other than Bottle Bending of course.

Cons: To keep from making this OP no water bender would be able to do this "combo", as some might call it, using a Water Bottle (seeing as though you could create three Water Manipulations using a single bottle).

JewFroJustin

Verified Member

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ill admited ,i didnt read because i thought you are mentioning the same idea as you pointed the same moves at :/ sorry about that i should have readed t before i said that .Also i typed "not" by accident

Elzoz

Verified Member
i think this is a good idea in the manners of making water more of an...how to say...usefull element? im seeing the biggest potencial in being able to do this waterring and changing in to diffrent states, like for example, lets say you are fighting an firebender and you are planning to freeze thath lil goblin with torrent but of a sudden he throws a firechrage at you, wouldent it be nice to easily just change to surge to protect you from it :p ik this isent my idea at all but i just want to say this befor i forget it XD

it would be mayby good if water was being able to be reused, but also in a nerf way, lets say for exmaple that you can hold up to 5 chrages, you could either shoot 5 watermanipulation with it, or mayby 5 blocks with surge wall? or mayby 2 watermanipulation and then use the rest of the charges to sen out a "what_is_left" torrent at the enemy? this would mean that you would be more veristile within waterbending, but also weaker :p this would be an ass to build up thogh right :c ?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
i think this is a good idea in the manners of making water more of an...how to say...usefull element? im seeing the biggest potencial in being able to do this waterring and changing in to diffrent states, like for example, lets say you are fighting an firebender and you are planning to freeze thath lil goblin with torrent but of a sudden he throws a firechrage at you, wouldent it be nice to easily just change to surge to protect you from it :p ik this isent my idea at all but i just want to say this befor i forget it XD

it would be mayby good if water was being able to be reused, but also in a nerf way, lets say for exmaple that you can hold up to 5 chrages, you could either shoot 5 watermanipulation with it, or mayby 5 blocks with surge wall? or mayby 2 watermanipulation and then use the rest of the charges to sen out a "what_is_left" torrent at the enemy? this would mean that you would be more veristile within waterbending, but also weaker :p this would be an ass to build up thogh right :c ?
I am happy to hear that you like the idea, but I wanted to make sure that you understand that this add-on that I am suggesting is only for using a Water Manipulation through Torrent. Not any Surge Shields. The link that @HydroMan provided takes you too a thread that does however have exactly the ideas that you are thinking of.

Elzoz

Verified Member
oh XD okay then hahaha :p i likeboth idea but hydros seems abit more veritlie :p but more op :s

Kiam

Verified Member
This suggestion stays true to the nature of waterbending and adds a productive mechanic to waterbending!

HydroMan

Verified Member
The more you attack with watermanipulation from the torrent ,the less power torrent it would hold (if i shoot two watermanip and then use torrent projectile while the torrent ring is still running, the torrent damage would be reduced by ,let's say' by two. Or if I used torrent wave instead ,the waves range would be reduced so would its knockback which again would be reduced depending how many shots of watermanip you used)

Status
Not open for further replies.