• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water addition/combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Water addition/combo
------------------------------------------------------------------

I read the suggestion (which got added) dynamic sources from Kiam McQuaid and saw that he wrote something about a combo to shoot out iceblast out of your torrent, so I thought I could make a thread for this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The addition:
Lets say you are on torrent and the ring is already flowing around you, now u change slot to waterarms (the ring will still flow around you) and if you click you will get your arms.

This would work for waterarms to torrent too = You have waterarms selected. You shift (maybe 2 times) and click and ur arms will flow around u like torrent.

The combos:

Shoot manip out of your torrent:

Go to torrent, let the water flow around you and change to watermanipulation (water will still flow around you). Now u can shoot 9 manips out of your torrent (I think torrent consists of nine waterblocks).

Shoot iceblast out of your torrent:

Go to torrent, let water flow around you and change to iceblast (water will still flow around you). Now you can shoot 9 iceblasts (ofcourse with a cooldown) out of your torrent.

Now you could combine this:

Go to torrent, let the water flow around you and change to watermanipulation. Lets say you shoot 3 manips. Then u change to iceblast (the water will flow around you but will consist of 6 waterblocks now). Now you change to iceblast and shoot 2 iceblasts out of your torrent, means you have 4 water blocks flowing around you after doing that. Now u change to torrent and shoot the leftover.

Why I think this should be added?

The new dynamic source was a nice step further to make water the element which it is. And this addition will help too. It brings more possibilties of what u are going to do next.

Thanks for reading. Any questions? Ask please.

Water is the Element of Change.​

Attachments

Last edited:

Ceynade

Verified Member
I think this is a pretty nice idea and concept. The only problem I had with it is some details. Such as, the changes in the stats of torrent if you drain some water blocks. Like, the torrent clearly wouldn't be as strong as it could be if it lost 5-6 water blocks. Or the way the torrent would look after you throw some of its water blocks. After those small things are worked out, it could be a nice addition.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I think this is a pretty nice idea and concept. The only problem I had with it is some details. Such as, the changes in the stats of torrent if you drain some water blocks. Like, the torrent clearly wouldn't be as strong as it could be if it lost 5-6 water blocks. Or the way the torrent would look after you throw some of its water blocks. After those small things are worked out, it could be a nice addition.
I totally understand what u mean :D!
So:
Lets say you shoot 3 manips, and 2 iceblasts. Now there will be 4 blocks of water flowing around you, so if you would shoot the left over it would have a lower range but will be faster since u do not have to control that much water anymore. Maximal waterblocks it needs to shoot the leftover could be 3 blocks. If u have 2 now, u have to shoot them out as manip or iceblast.

orfeas

Verified Member
Why did you tag us?I think that this idea is great but i have seen the iceblast/icespike from torrent idea being denied many many times.As a waterbender i think that this is totally fitting to water but will probably get denied. D: .Though this will also help waterbenders go even further on land,far away from the watersources.One question,will this work from torrent to waterspout and to octopus form,like in the suggestion for the dynamics?Because he suggested that but did not get added for some reason.

Last edited:

IceEyes

Verified Member
Why did you tag us?I think that this idea is great but i have seen the iceblast/icespike from torrent idea being denied many many times.As a waterbender i think that this is totally fitting to water but will probably get denied. D: .Though this will also help waterbenders go even further on land,far away from the watersources.One question,will this work from torrent to waterspout and to octopus form,like in the suggestion for the dynamics?Because he suggested that but did not get added for some reason.
I tagged u guys, because i saw that u have posted stuff about waterbending.
I hope it wont get denied :C. The thing with waterspoutwave and octopusform could be added 2. But i think that torrent should be the baseform means; go on torrent: change to octopusform and click-> octopusform will be formed-> change to torrent click and water flows around you-> change to waterarms click-> and u get ur arms.

Hope u like it. Please tag people u think may like to read this :D.

orfeas

Verified Member
I tagged u guys, because i saw that u have posted stuff about waterbending.
I hope it wont get denied :C. The thing with waterspoutwave and octopusform could be added 2. But i think that torrent should be the baseform means; go on torrent: change to octopusform and click-> octopusform will be formed-> change to torrent click and water flows around you-> change to waterarms click-> and u get ur arms.

Hope u like it. Please tag people u think may like to read this :D.
Yeah i see,i actually was really sad that this part of the dynamics suggestion did not make it to the update.I really hope this gets added cause changing from torrent to octopusform can create some pretty good stratigies.I myself have uncovered the power of octopus form(you must use it wisely) and this would help me change from range attack to close attack if i see someone coming real close and i am far away from water but have torrent around me.I really hope this gets added,you never know it might.Btw i had seen your thread before you tagged me,waterbending stuff really draws my attention.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I know right? I myslef do not really use octopusform but i could see how u could change ur tactics very fast if u can change from torrent to waterspoutwave without having to do the click shift thing and waiting till it flows around you to dodge ur foes attacks. Also the thing with shooting manip out of ur torrent, and shoot the restover of the torrent will bring u more freedom in what u do next.

orfeas

Verified Member
I know right? I myslef do not really use octopusform but i could see how u could change ur tactics very fast if u can change from torrent to waterspoutwave without having to do the click shift thing and waiting till it flows around you to dodge ur foes attacks. Also the thing with shooting manip out of ur torrent, and shoot the restover of the torrent will bring u more freedom in what u do next.
Yes i agree with you,but we can do nothing more than hope this gets added.

IceEyes

Verified Member
How come you didnt tag me?

Anyways, to be honest, I thought that when you ha e a source selected, water would flow around you, so I wws kinda sad when it didnt. I like dis.
Lol, sorry that i forgot u xD!
Thanks for replying :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.