• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Vote on Potential New Avatar Move

What do you think about the potential new ability?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok guys I want some feedback on a new avatar move I am working on! Here's the info:

Name: Energybending
Used By: Avatar
What It Does: This move will allow the avatar to strip a player of his/her bending. For anyone who thinks this move is too OP, keep in mind that you, as the server owner, have complete control over who has access to this move. This is made to complement the Avatar State, and as such can only be used while in said Avatar State.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I love this but is it possible that you could add the ability for their energy to corrupt yours if it is stronger? Not sure on how to raise your energy but it would just be another cool add on.
The Lion turtle said to Aang that if your spirit is not powerful enough to overtake theirs, they others persons energy could corrupt yours as demonstrated almost completely in the last fight scene between the Firelord and Aang.

~Apple<3

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
With the energy bending, maybe the player you are trying toggle their bending can try to fight to stop it. They could do this by punching or pressing space, and the XP bar could be an indicator of how far you are to outpower them.

ashe36

Verified Member
The only issue I forsee in this is how a player could return his bending.. I know some servers do an avatar cycle, and some avatars may be corrupt. Would the avatar be able to restore the lost bending?

ashe36

Verified Member
Sounds great. I only hope that we don't get any corrupt avatars.. Another question; how would this actually happen? Would the avatar have to click on the player? Or maybe an amount of time that the move has to be charged up, and then a click removes the player's bending? I would add some sort of trap move in this with earth.

Snhnry

Verified Member
Would this replicate /bending permaremove or just /bending remove? What's to stop a player from just quickly rechoosing an element?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sorry I can no longer comment on this as we have decided a use for it. It is unlikely you will see this move very soon though.