• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bug Report TPS Drops - Player Animation Event

Kiam

Verified Member
"The lag is being caused by the plugin: ProjectKorra v1.4.0 BETA 2
During a player animation event.
I would recommend you send these timings to the author of that plugin."

That was what my host told me when I had them investigate the cause of the immediate TPS drops.
These are the timings I gave them that they based their answer off of
http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8133913

Kiam

Verified Member
----[ I updated the plugin and I am still receiving the same performance drops, I asked my host again]----
"The lag is still being caused by the plugin: ProjectKorra v1.4.0 BETA 3 during a player animation event.
I would recommend you send these timings to the author of that plugin."

http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8135034 Those are the updated timings

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
The PlayerAnimationEvent is called when you left click. This is going to be the most intensive method in the plugin simply because of the amount of stuff we do when we left click. I'm not sure how much optimization you can really do here.

Kiam

Verified Member
Alright, well I am not well versed in the technical aspect of the plugin, I am just letting you know what my host told me. And also the problems I am getting with HUGE TPS drops, that the host claims to be from your plugin alone. I have no idea what I should do to fix this, but I am open minded about it

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, in terms of a TPS drop you also have to think about the things this plugin does. We move blocks around, we generate particles, so it makes sense that it would be a little resource intensive.

Kiam

Verified Member
How would you suggest optimizing my setup? What plugins interact with projectkorra in funny ways? I am trying to make it best for my players.

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How would you suggest optimizing my setup? What plugins interact with projectkorra in funny ways? I am trying to make it best for my players.
It doesn't really matter with your setup (of course the normal requirements to host a minecraft server). Just so you know the developers are always looking for ways to make your server less laggy. It isn't just going to happen over night.

One way you could help us is to provide timings for every dev build. That would be nice :)

HiddenCloud

Verified Member
Im using SQL
Using MySQL can be a tiny improvement. To fix the lag you have 2 options: reduce air/waterbubble size to 3 or 4 (dont know exactly which size, try to keep it as small as possible figure the right size by trial and error), or completely disable air/waterbubble as that's your the major lag cause.