• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent: Concept Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
Torrent: Concept Change

As we know by now, the torrent that the original coders designed is still being commonly used everywhere with the TLA/PK plugin on their server. We know the simple Click, Hold Shift and Click to shoot a stream of water, then double clicking to make that sphere of ice to trap your opponents. However, I propose a change to that concept of Torrent Ice, a new change, a new meaning in it's implementation of "ice."

A New Change...

As I was previously talking about, a change in our popular move "Torrent" is most likely needed. Lets look at the current statistics/ideas for our old "Torrent"

Old Torrent:
-Double click with torrent to create a ensnarling sphere of Ice.

New Torrent (CONCEPT):
-Double click with torrent to cause the tip (first stage) of the stream to solidify into packed ice while the middle part of the water is normal ice, then at the end of the water stream is... well, water. My idea for this new change in the "Torrent" is that once the (PACKED ICE TIP) and (NORMAL ICE MIDDLE) has formed on the torrent, the rest of the torrent will become a gradient of Ice and packed ice for the rest of it's travels as a well known offensive move. This new concept will relinquish the idea of having a person being trapped in Ice and instead, is shot by a more damaging variant of "Torrent"

****WE COULD ALSO JUST TRIPLE CLICK TO MAKE IT INTO SPEAR OF ICE****

Now that I've engraved the initial concept into your minds, I will soon be posting pictures of my new concept of "Torrent" through a couple of pictures.

PROS:
-No more space clogging mess of Torrent Sphere Ice, now we have a more compact version of "Torrent ice" but instead of freezing into an annoying ball of ice, there is the factor of ice doing more damage to a player and having no trapping ice at all.
-Once solidifying as ice, the stream will be faster but much more hard to control, much like WATER ARMS SPEAR or COMBUSTION. *****REDUCING IT BEING MORE OP****
-Doesn't lag server for the sudden appearance of a sphere of ice.

CONS:
-Will take some time to adjust for those who commonly use "Torrent Ice 'ball'" to trap their opponents and OctopusForm them to get a cheap kill.
-Hard to control.

Now, I know that the "CONS" list was rather short, I will now be providing pictures of the typical torrent charge up, and it's new add on with it's ice factor.

***TYPICAL TORRENT CHARGE UP (LEFT)***
***NEW ICE IMPLEMENTATION OF TORRENT ICE (RIGHT)***

Attachments

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
The whole point of torrent freezing is to trap your opponent. The new one you are talking about would just freeze and there's no point to it..... I don't really get it sorry.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Me neither. I do agree torrent shouldn't freeze a thing into humongious ice ball shape dome thingy, but I dislike it not freezing at all.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Maybe, make this triple click for the tip to change

P.S. Why do I have a feeling that someone suggested a combo that freezes the tip of a stream? Oh wait, I remember, it is a requested combo that was about allowing two sources to be selected at the same time.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I agree with you. Everyone can easily double click their mouse button, and with this change the torrent one click will be neglected pretty fast. You must make a downside to this pointy tip projectile, so that makes it worth of having this alternative.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ill probably just rename the thing as a torrent Addition..?
But yours idea isn't ideal to have in the plugin.

Imagine having a race car in a race, which has a button to give alitttle speed boost to itself. You would ofcourse press it to have advantage everytime you are in the race, never using without it as there is no need to. Same goes for torrent with a second click.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This suggestion has been denied. As the idea is simply not logical. It would do no good for everyone to have this buff and never use regular torrent again.

Status
Not open for further replies.