• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Tornado/Twister Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin01

Verified Member
Air Benders need to deserve the actual lethal potential of this move, but there is a problem with Tornado. When I use to be an air bender, I would kill mobs by using tornado to sweep them away high in the air and drop them to their death. But when fighting other players, the attack doesn't pick up the players as high and as violently as it would with mobs.

This can apply to the twister combo that goes with air bending. I would suggest making the tornado do the same thing to players as it does mobs. That would mean one of the two things:
  1. Make the tornado/twister less lethal to players
  2. Make the tornado/twister more lethal to players

Hope you all liked this suggestion and tell me what you think, be honest!

boybuscuss

Verified Member
Yes,i want that too but that change will make abilty stronger,and that kinda bad for server owners.Like me.It can just height people like 5,6 blocks,not 20.That'll be instakill,no justice at all.But i like the idea.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It required not just a few airbenders to make the tornado, that we seen which was powerfull enough to pull Zaheer into it. Of course, they probably formed it in a group to make with -the so called- "chargetime" reduced for it to form and to easily form it on a bigger scale in a few seconds, but I still doubt a normal one airbender could create tornado that would work the same as the airbender noobies achieved.

While I see potential of this, since it can already pull mobs in it, it would make it abit op by affecting the players the same way, because since you already seen what it can do mobs.

I personally would want its function of pulling mobs to be removed from the plugin, because it's un-canon and looks kinda weird how it can just only pull mobs with a fathal drop on them and not doing the same for players

boybuscuss

Verified Member
But in my server twister really twisters my players so,its good this way i guess,well just for me than.They could fix flying airspout bug instead of this maybe..

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But in my server twister really twisters my players so,its good this way i guess,well just for me than.They could fix flying airspout bug instead of this maybe..
Twister is a noun, lol. Yea, I guess they could fix the bug first before going into making this thing.

Nin01

Verified Member
Yes,i want that too but that change will make abilty stronger,and that kinda bad for server owners.Like me.It can just height people like 5,6 blocks,not 20.That'll be instakill,no justice at all.But i like the idea.
Well like I said, the tornado can also be less dangerous to mobs so then it'd be equal

Sketz

Verified Member
You may say this could be op if implemented. Though that should be a decision of the server owners.
Whomever configs the bending. So I believe it's not a matter if people disagree or agree with this idea.

This is because we have configs, allowing us to choose.
Choosing between twister picking players up as it does mobs or vice versa.

This way people can choose if they want this option or not. So yeah, it wouldn't hurt to implement this.
Though the decision isn't mine to make.

Nin01

Verified Member
Should I cast a vote in the general discussion between either option for this ability?

Loony

Verified Member
Tornado being able to throw players in the air would be incredibly unbalanced. Airbender's would spam it against water and fire so that they take fall damage.

This move would be annoying and ruin gameplay, so I'm going to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.