• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tips to run a ProjectKorra server!

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Ok, so with all the new servers coming in, I decided to make this thread to help all of you guys out!

Before you go, take a list of things needed to run a pk server
  1. "BukGet" plugins or FTP (File Transfer Protocol) access or SSH (Secure Shell) Filezilla recommended for FTP. Download at your own risk! Adware MAY BE IN IT! Use an anti-virus (Ex. Norton, Avira, Mcaffe)
  2. Note: Not Needed If You Don't Care About Lag At least a gig of ram is what I would say for a non-laggy experience
  3. A good host
  4. Little Plugin Knowledge
  5. A copy of Bukkit/Spigot 1.7.9/1.7.10/1.8

First off, lets install the plugin and worldguard/edit. Those three things are essentials for a server to run. Speaking of essentials, lets get that too. Group manager at the bottom for the page!
Ok, to install those
  • FTP File Acsess
    • Go to Server>Plugins Drag those files into it
  • BukGet Plugins
    • Just search for the plugins listed, projectkorra WILL NOT be there
Now lets configure them. Do a /reload (not recommended) or a Whole Server Restart (Recommended)
Now, we not only have jars, we have folders. Don't worry about worldguard / world edit configuration. They don't really have one :p . Go to "Essentials" and then "Config" Make changes as you wish. Same for PK.

Now lets worldguard your spawn. Get a wooden axe and type //wand . Now left click your first selectrion, and right click your second spot. Now do //expand vertical (//expand vert) Now do /rg define (Name). Next, dp /rg addowner regionname yournamehere . Finally, do /rg flag build deny to deny building to anyone who isnt a addmember or addowner.

Now, to get some perms set up. Download GroupManager and watch this Tutorial
OR
Download PEX (Permissions EX) and watch this Tutorial
I personally recommend GroupManager. Better Config With Essentials.

Installing Custom Abilities
Download the Jar ; Go To >Plugins>ProjectKorra>Abilities
Just drag and drop the jar!

Updates!
  • 11/15/2014: Added "SSH" and "FileZilla"
  • 11/15/2014: Fixed "FTP" meaning. Added Updates Section!
  • 11/15/2014: Created
I hope to add more to this soon! Enjoy and I hope I helped!

Last edited: