• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion The Orders of the Lotus

Silentnate347

Verified Member
Now, we all know in TLA in most of TLOK the White lotus's protected the avatar and kept prisoners away (TLOK) and helped the avatar bring balance back to the world (TLA)

TLOK - http://preview.tinyurl.com/o5a9tcy (Don't worry it's a Preview Link)
TLA - http://tinyurl.com/lr855k4 (Don't worry also a Preview Link)

Later in the 3rd book of The Legend of Korra, We learned about the Red Lotus attempting to kidnap Korra as a child. This was foreshadowed through each Korra book, but we aren't here to fangirl about it. My idea is to have both...

The Order of the White Lotus
&
The of the Order Red Lotus

"Server owners can make this themselves. It's pointless to be a feature!"

Well, they very well can. But i think a bending hook would be better. There are many Inaccurate ways to make it (If you run your own server) but this would be a small feature that would add to the depth of Project Korra.

"Pfft, I still think it would be a horrible addition. Like how would it even work!"

Simple, first the player bends in the normal world and such just as the plugin intends. But if they have Project Korra (RPG) (I'd assume it would be a role play server with an avatar. (Even though non roleplay servers have avatars)) Then some players can come together and form the white lotus. Its as simple as that. But, this could work 2 ways. First, as i said the players come together and form the group on their own earning a White name-tag (&f). Command wise there could be a default /b WLC (/bending WhiteLotusCreate) and a opposing Red name-tagged (&4) lotus that could be selected with /b RLC (/bending RedLotusCreate). Once created players could set the group to invite only
(/b WL(White Lotus) Invite (Player))
(/b RL(Red Lotus) Invite (Player))
(/b Lotus InviteOnly)

This is all up for the community and mods to decide. I just thought it'd be a fun idea to have 2 lotus's one to kill the avatar and one to defend and help keep balance in the world.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This seems like it would be unfair to new players, as the first people on the server would be the leader for each group, even if they aren't the best at it.

jedk1

ive had to many jump scares and ip loggers in my time to never ever trust a url shortner, no matter how safe you tell me it is ;-;

HydroMan

Verified Member
So what would their goal or purpose be in the plugin? WLs will try to help avatar in his fight while RLs kills him/her?

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
I know that. Hence the latin nane - death. Necro is too that cds forgot to change prefix ALOOOOONG time ago.
I don't like correcting people but necro is not Latin, it is Greek.
-
To be honest I don't think we really need an official White and Red Lotus, because what are they even supposed to do? Of course true roleplayers in the White Lotus will protect the avatar, and the Red Lotus will try to promote freedom, assassinate world leaders, and prevent any possible order, etc. But there won't be really any incentive in doing that.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
In my opinion, this doesn't make sense... I mean, it kinda takes the fun of roleplaying. That is the same thing as every Fire Nation citizen having a "Fire Nation" prefix or "Zaofu" to the Zaofu citizens...
Also, the White Lotus during the events of "Avatar: The Legend of Aang" was a secret society. If we want that to be the case, the members wouldn't expose themselves as protectors of the Avatar.

HydroMan

Verified Member
In my opinion, this doesn't make sense... I mean, it kinda takes the fun of roleplaying. That is the same thing as every Fire Nation citizen having a "Fire Nation" prefix or "Zaofu" to the Zaofu citizens...
Also, the White Lotus during the events of "Avatar: The Legend of Aang" was a secret society. If we want that to be the case, the members wouldn't expose themselves as protectors of the Avatar.
You just gave me an idea!