• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Surge Shield (add-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
Ah. Isn't 1.8 suffocating you with ice enough? xD
Just put the surge on them and bam.

Ah, Makes sense.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
This actually corresponds greatly with the Waterbending principles of turning your offense into defense and visa versa, and using your opponent'a energy against them.

EnderAssassin231

Verified Member
With surge, if you select two sources of water before making the shield, you'll be able to send a wave of water while still holding up the shield, except it won't be ice, just water. Although your suggestion does make a lot of sense, and I would extremely love if water moves were more like this, I don't entirely think that this move should be added because the time creating this could be used to create a different move for water that can benefit us even more.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
With surge, if you select two sources of water before making the shield, you'll be able to send a wave of water while still holding up the shield, except it won't be ice, just water. Although your suggestion does make a lot of sense, and I would extremely love if water moves were more like this, I don't entirely think that this move should be added because the time creating this could be used to create a different move for water that can benefit us even more.
I agree with this. When I made this suggestion I wasn't thinking they were going to get right on it or anything, and I don't expect them to really start working on it for a while now (if they choose to add this). They need to spend more time improving Sub-Elements and working on bug fixes, but they should keep these small add-ons in mind for later.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
What about switching to iceblast and L-clicking will throw the shield. Like a combo. If this gets some positive feedback I will change the original post to this.
OOo how about if you switch to iceblast you can shoot the ice shards like the combo "icebullet"?

DanStryder

Verified Member
I liked the idea of just holding shift and double left clicking to shoot the wave, why does this need to be so complex? You hold shift, you double click and your wave is away! Simples! *insert meerkat mew*

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think that when this shield is left in a iceform and double on it, it should launch the shield/wave in icestate (as it was suggested here). But thats not all. When the shield is sent to any player/mob, instead of dealing damage to the entity, it would trap the entity inside to it, and suffocating him. If thats too op, then the entity could be suffocated, while player could be pushed to any wall behind him, dealing the walldamage.

HydroMan

Verified Member
You do realize that you are going to right click on a water/ice block...
If you rigth click on water, nothing won't happen as it still doesn't register (that's why we have icebullet instead of waterbullet)

HydroMan

Verified Member
ah......or maybe because they are being lazy.....
Nope, ask a coder to make an addon that consists of right clicking on water to make the ability function. They will probably won't and reply with the same reason why they can't.

EragonRider

Verified Member
Well, because the shield goes where ever you bring your cursor to means that you can always change the shield to ice and then R-click the ice in front of you.
I was legit about to say that we he said it only works on blocks .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.