• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Surf

Status
Not open for further replies.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Surf: (not surge or waterwave!!!) By moving a large mass of water without separating it from its original source, waterbenders can create waves of nearly any size. They do this by using an upward movement that raises the source, which they subsequently send away in their desired direction. This can be used to sweep opponents away or even as a form of transport, with the bender surfing on the crest of the wave. This same process can be used to propel waterborne crafts.

1. the user would crouch to get a watersource then look up and click to form a wave (repeating this move would make the wave bigger, making it go further, longer and maybe even hit harder)

Kuruk_waterbending.png

2. to ride the wave run, jump and left click, it will continue to travel untill it has ran out of water, alternativly the water could be replenished by repeating the first step

katara wave.jpg

3. if you do not want to ride the wave (surf) simply double left click to send it forwards crashing into anything in its path (new avatar move could be made? Psnunami?) to keep the wave flowing for longer simply repeat the first step untill its at satisfactory power (ONE WAVE AT A TIME)
Cooldown: 500
Range: 40
Force: 1.3
Speed: 3
Distance traveled: 50
Amount of replenishments: 5

Last edited:

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
I got a better name: tsunami! Also 1 thing, there's a combo: waterwave
alot of people say this but waterwave doesnt stay attached to water like its suposed to :pp and doesnt direct boats
also cant build momentum or use it as an attacking ability ^_^ unless ofc you use phasechange aswell
but once again id like this to be a normal ability not a combo maybe even an upgrate to waterwave
annnd the avatar version could reach psunami strength but normal waterbenders should gt cut off unless working as a team :p

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Please tell me. You did not. Just. Reference. THE MOVIE.
ikr i just couldnt really fnd a avatar form of it except kuruk and that last picture xD sowwwy movie sucks
apart from the big blue spirit thing that makes a wave but i KNOW it would be taken the wrong way lmao always gota be a critic somewhere :p an theres always someone that thinks your talking about a trasnformation xD

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
This is basically a limited surge that is stuck to the water.. You can push yourself with surge, you can swim quickly across water with speed swim and you can also push people away with surge..
yup but surge is a defencive ability used for blocking mostly, you're not getting what im putting across, it would be like earthsurf but with water instead and he ability to build the surf to a bigger wave
its like a combination move of surge waterwave and earthsurf all at the same time but no freezing capabilities

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
its only like surge in the way tht it has water.... other than that its not a floating cylinder of water its an actual wave attached to the water an can be used like earthsurf in that way, you cant use surge to surf at all u constantly sink and cant use fast swim with it, fast swim goes underwater and allows doklphin like movements
im trying to suggest a move that is the exact same as earthsurf but for water and with the added ability of momentum making it more of a flowing move.
i dont see why u keep argueing against it lol its actualy nothing like any move that already exists for water except MAYBE waterwave

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
its only like surge in the way tht it has water.... other than that its not a floating cylinder of water its an actual wave attached to the water an can be used like earthsurf in that way, you cant use surge to surf at all u constantly sink and cant use fast swim with it, fast swim goes underwater and allows doklphin like movements
im trying to suggest a move that is the exact same as earthsurf but for water and with the added ability of momentum making it more of a flowing move.
i dont see why u keep argueing against it lol its actualy nothing like any move that already exists for water except MAYBE waterwave
saying that even waterwave isnt anything like this... waterwave consists of a short burst of water that flings u out of the water (or is ment to)
thi is an ongoing combo styled move that isnt a combo but is used like oneto build momentum or used as a normal move to travel along water it can ONLY be done on a vast ocean or large suface of land.
it has knockback but nothing near the strength of surge

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Surge can do what you want, speed swim can do what you want.. I don't know why you need another move to have it slightly refined..

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
for those that cant see the difference between surf and waterwave....... its actualy the other way round, waterwave is ment to be called surf whereas the move i suggested called surf is ment to be called waterwave!
THIS IS WATERWAVE (at the moment)

waterwave1.gif

THIS IS SURF

katara wave.jpg

And you're telling me that they're the same move.....
Da Helloo like to speak to sambooody who cak spek da engerish ples
YAPANI OH I DO NOT NO WAII

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Hmm... if we removed the push factor from surge to allow it to have more defensive capabilities, and redid water wave this way, I actually wouldn't mind. Although functionally, this isn't necessary, animation-wise, I think it'd be pretty cool

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Hmm... if we removed the push factor from surge to allow it to have more defensive capabilities, and redid water wave this way, I actually wouldn't mind. Although functionally, this isn't necessary, animation-wise, I think it'd be pretty cool
idk what else to say so tired of explaining the same thing over an over lol do what you will ill not be replying anymore an ik this is going to get denied either way no matter if its a good idea or not.
this would make an amazing move.... just that some people are too blind to see it...

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
for those that cant see the difference between surf and waterwave....... its actualy the other way round, waterwave is ment to be called surf whereas the move i suggested called surf is ment to be called waterwave!
THIS IS WATERWAVE (at the moment)

View attachment 1038

THIS IS SURF

View attachment 1039

And you're telling me that they're the same move.....
Da Helloo like to speak to sambooody who cak spek da engerish ples
YAPANI OH I DO NOT NO WAII
Everyone knows it is different.. Silly goose.. People are saying that you can do what your move wants to do with moves already. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.