• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Super secret leaked information

Loony

Verified Member
I have a question
If you preform octopusform outside of the water will it be like it is now or still have some of the new functions?
We were thinking allowing OctopusForm only in water, meaning you couldn't use it out of water. This is because of how the move is designed and because you can use WaterArms out of water.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
We were thinking allowing OctopusForm only in water, meaning you couldn't use it out of water. This is because of how the move is designed and because you can use WaterArms out of water.
I hope you don't mean disabling it completely on land. If we look at canon stuff, it isn't the case.

Loony

Verified Member
I hope you don't mean disabling it completely on land. If we look at canon stuff, it isn't the case.
We do. OctopusForm was mainly used in water and how we're designing it will require it to be in water.
We're doing this for balancing reasons, due to WaterArms being able to be used on land, also because it will look aesthetically more pleasing.

We may add a land version of this move but that's yet to be discussed as to what that move will be, if you have suggestions please feel free to PM me or just post them here

Attachments

Loony

Verified Member
Is there a date when we can expect these changes or will it be a suprise
Surprise pretty much. This is only the tip of the iceberg. These changes were taken from our 1.9.0 document that holds an entire list of changes for each element.

We plan to implement them when we work on 1.9.0 Core, which is very soon :)

Loony

Verified Member
I will! Katara uses it on land when she's fighting the Dai Li, so why can't we.
Because thats not the direction Kiam or Loony want the plugin going in.
"We may add a land version of this move but that's yet to be discussed as to what that move will be, if you have suggestions please feel free to PM me or just post them here" I swear nobody listens to me

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just keep the old octopus functioning on land, please. Just remove the icephase thing. And what's the point of even adding slowness? It would make it almost impossible to walk/swim through water at all.

Loony

Verified Member
Just keep the old octopus functioning on land, please. Just remove the icephase thing. And what's the point of even adding slowness? It would make it almost impossible to walk/swim through water at all.

That's what we wanted. We wanted it to look aesthetically pleasing so that it looks like the bender is focusing on manipulating the water, rather than walking around.

We wouldn't have the old OctopusForm on land, that's the thing we're trying to improve!

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You should add something funny in the changelog like Mojang did, such as -Removed Zaheer (-Removed Herobrine)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Removed Vaatu/Dark Avatar*

With serious, it's not the same - herobrine is too iconic to minecraft and a good one, that I can't see the same way If we applied that note to every log with certain character of avatar's franchise (imo).

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Removed Vaatu/Dark Avatar*

With serious, it's not the same - herobrine is too iconic to minecraft and a good one, that I can't see the same way If we applied that note to every log with certain character of avatar's franchise (imo).
Removed Herobrine was the example of how mojang added something funny to the Changelog