• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Summon Self - Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Before I start of with describing this suggestion I would like to correctly give it credit. I did not think of this, it was posted as a suggestion on a bending server that I help manage and sort of own. I am told the correct credit for this suggestion is Brendan_Is_Elsa.

This ability, called Summon Self, is a move where an airbender takes the air around their body and pushes it outward. This creates a powerful gust of air shaped like the players body. Sort of like summoning a shadow that shoots forward and can do some damage to the surrounding area. I do recall Aang using this ability in the show but I have been unsuccessful in finding any sort of footage or photography of the duel. If anyone else can that would be most helpful.

Element: Air
Name: Summon Self (Open to other suggestions)
Default: True
Description: Summon a gust of air similar to your body shape. To use: While sprinting shift, look in a direction and left click to push out a powerful gust of wind. The blast will travel a large distance and do great knock back to anyone in it's path, as well as a bit of damage.

Developer Description: There are many approaches to this ability. When I think of it, this is what I see: This is not a charge ability. It will have similar mechanics to Air Scooter. The player must be sprinting to activate the ability. There could be a set distance, if possible, that the player has to sprint before they are allowed to hold shift and then left click to launch. It would be cool and reasonable if the player who blasts the Summon Self was also pushed back a bit. Showing that this ability is powerful and is a large blast. The physical ability it's self would use the normal air particles and, once the player left clicks, will act a lot like Air Blast. Only, instead of it being a stream of air, the air particles will form a body, or Steve figure since it's Minecraft. The actual particles could spawn maybe 1/2 of a block or 1 hole block in front of the players perspective. When the blast actually comes into contact with another player, it will do a great amount of knock back, seeing as how it's a large blast that took sprinting to create. This could be used to push players off a cliff or to simply push them away so you have some time to escape their range. It could do some damage, but since it is not a targeted blow it probably wouldn't do much, of course this would be configurable to a server owner/developers needs.

The rest of this ability is completely debatable and I would love to see other ideas! If I can edit this post, this is my first suggestion, then I will add some gifs, photos or a YouTube link if I have the correct information. For those who know what scene of Avatar I am talking about, good for you :)

EDIT: Ok so, BIG thanks to Jackson! I was able to find the whole fight scene (I actually looked up this fight scene before but the video just happened to cut the part I wanted out xD). To find the move used, go to 1:27. You can see how Aang sprints, he does it in a circle but I don't think a circular sprint is necessary, and when the blast hits Zuko he is knocked back a bunch. It appears to me that most of the damage was caused by the fall rather than the blast itself.

Last edited:

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
I like the idea and I think you A. Need a GIF of the scene, I can post later... and I think that the name should be different. Not 'Summon Self'. How about 'Air Body' or something more along those lines (I know that name isn't good either xP)

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Yes! That gif/video was exactly what I was talking about! I thought it came from that battle but when I watched the battle over I didn't see it. Maybe the video I was watching skipped it. I will find another youtube video and post it with the times that the move occurs. Thank you so much!

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
To be honest, the best way to do this is to make it yourself. With your thread and this thread. I doubt PK will actually add it. Because this is the 3rd thread that is on the forums and it still isn't added. I'll work around to see if I can make it . But it will have to wait until after I finish this plugin I'm working on.

Loony

Verified Member
Cool idea, however this wouldn't look well in Minecraft and it would just look like a block rushing forward and the effects of this move already exist in the plugin.

I'm gong to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.