• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Suffocation Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Suffocate is becoming another octopusform in terms of rarity, which is a no surprise to all of you who used it. All I can see is using this technique on those players who are afk or to the people who have broken WASD keys just so for me to START killing them. This might not be the best options I could think, but it will surely help Suffocate become more used just by little.

1. Crossheir lock I propose that once you get the aim of an victim with your crossheir moving, it should execute the move right away. The Reason why most people don't or stopped using this ability, because the victims like to move around whenever you encounter them and for that this ability fails to be executed during its start.
2. Immobilization Once the suffocation starts to take effect, the suffocating victim will be immobilized in place (disabling wasd), but (s)he will still be able to use mobile moves that require. Only happens if the target has 4 hearts or less.

While this might be not my best suggestion changes, my point still stands that Suffocation is now almost never used by anyone. I urge others to voice their own ideas how this ability can be improved, via in another thread or by leaving a reply in here (which I'll be adding to this original post If I find it to be good).

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
2. Immobilization Once the suffocation starts to take effect, the suffocating victim will be immobilized in place (disabling wasd), but (s)he will still be able to use mobile moves that require.
I'm pretty sure suffocate had this feature at one point.. But it made it impossible to do anything. (Pretty sure it disabled you moving the way you looked too)
Not sure how I feel about this ;-;

paliate

Verified Member
i agree that suffocation does need to be re-visited but i don't think this suggestion is worth making them revisit it.
i would really love to see something better done with suffocate though.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, I thought and said that my changes might not be the best one, but I encourage you all to make a thread about how suffocation could be changed to become more useful. Or just type it in here in a reply, so that I could add your option in the original post.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Having suffocate prevent you from moving will turn it into a battle to see if you remember where the bender was, god forbid he was behind you sneakily.

I feel like if you're going to immobilize people, have it so that they have to be a lower health (4 hearts or less) to do so.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I did say that it will disable players WASD, not POV (if that means "mouse movement"). Nevertheless, I'll add your suggestion that it should work when on low health

paliate

Verified Member
this should just be denied, and then thought out in a new post.
even if you can't WASD a earthbender can catapult, airbender either airburst or airblast, firebender firejet, etc.

the move would still be as useless as it is now.

Loony

Verified Member
i agree that suffocation does need to be re-visited but i don't think this suggestion is worth making them revisit it.
i would really love to see something better done with suffocate though.
I agree. A cross hair lock doesn't seem logical with how the move is performed and after a while, people already are immobilised already so, suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.