• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sub-Elements Won't Work

ShrediirTheShredder

Verified Member
I used the bending essentials sign to lets says to choose water. They right click it and they become water. But, they only bind water, not ice, healing, or plant. I set up the permissions right but it wont work X_X. Can someone help me :D

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Does anyone have a -bending.water.icebending permission? Do you have hierarchical groups set up? Can OPs use icebending?

ShrediirTheShredder

Verified Member
I do and the groups do have the permission bending.water.icebending . same with combustion, lightning, etc. And ops can use it as well. Does the WorldGuard over the sign can effect the bending choosing?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If the sign is working and the player gets a message "You are now a Waterbender" [or something of the sort] then no, the world guard isn't effecting it. There's probably something going on with your permissions but idk.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Does it give the appropriate elements and subelements if you just do /bending choose, because it may be an issue with BendingEssentials.

ShrediirTheShredder

Verified Member
For some apparent reason, I have set it up the first time to do ./b choose [element]. But, it seemed not to work. So, I went with the signs and it choose there element, but not the subs. It is probably bending essentials. The server is running under 1.11.2. It might be an error

ShrediirTheShredder

Verified Member
Actually, in the BendingEssentials config, it says

ChooseExecutor:
Air: ''
Fire: ''
Earth: ''
Water: ''
Chi: ''

Do you want me to add anything like the subelements too it?

ShrediirTheShredder

Verified Member
Yea, I tried adding bending.command.choose and bending.command.choose.air to my default group. It said they did not have permission. I feel like the version 1.11.2 does not want to work with PK.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
ProjectKorra does work with 1.11.2. By default users will be able to choose their elements for the first time. Do they have the bending.command.rechoose permission to rechoose their elements?

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That's something to do with BendingEssentials then. Look through the thread for BE and see if there's any documentation on it. If not, message the author.

ShrediirTheShredder

Verified Member
Does not say anything else about the BendingEssensials except this in the config.

ChooseExecutor:
Air: ''
Fire: ''
Earth: ''
Water: ''
Chi: ''

Loony

Verified Member
That's something to do with BendingEssentials then. Look through the thread for BE and see if there's any documentation on it. If not, message the author.
It's not an issue with BendingEssentials; BE is using the same code as PK does to give someone an element.

I've encountered the issue of players not getting sub-elements added to them before with the /b add command; so it might be a PK issue.

ShrediirTheShredder

Verified Member
X_X.................................................................... I will just let people do ./b choose [element] in the BChoose area XD