• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sprint with EarthSmash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
SKIP TO 2:25

Basically, I actually had this idea for a LONG time, but I didn't felt like sharing and kept it to myself as a secret for a reason. Anyway, now you see me spoiling it :)

Basically, you right click with the ability on a pre-existing earthsmash or charge one instead of left clicking, which would result in putting the boulder above your head that floats

While it is position that way through the right click, it will start following you as you run, still floated above your head.

You don't need to hold sneak or anything like that to make it follow you to control it, it basically moves with you passively.

If you want to return it back to normal, all you is you look at it straight and hold sneak to telekineticly move it around through the cursior. This would in turn disable the function of it following you when you distant yourself from it.

While it is in the right click toggled state, you can left click anywhere to throw it from you to where you click.

Restrictions that the devs could create so that this feature isn't op: {damn, that's a long run of sentence)
  • Either set it so that it only follow the user when (s)he runs in a straight forward line| or turns and runs in a sharp turn ~ otherwise the boulder will fall down to his side.
  • Give it a risk factor so that it falls down to the user and crushes him when used incorrectly (right clicking while it running-mode toggles, switching to another bind ect.)
  • Limit the distance you can run with it or the throw range.
  • .... *to be continued*

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Reasons to have it:
- to chase runners that run out of fight, allowing to deal damage upon in that situation a lot easily.
- canon (duh!)
- my given restrictions imo are reasonable: makes the whole feature of the ability balanced but still useful.
- ??? dk how else to convice to you all.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
If you want to make EarthSmash balanced, several other changes have to occur, because this one alone just improves EarthSmash and makes it more powerful than it should be. It effectively limits one of the features that (tries to) keep EarthSmash's check in balance- the channeling. EarthSmash is the largest projectile in the game, ignoring the bursts, and it does so much for earth. I don't see a real reason for this to be added without other serious changes coming with it, but you never know with PK, especially since they value EarthSmash so much.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I don't see a real reason for this to be added without other serious changes coming with it, but you never know with PK, especially since they value EarthSmash so much.
You do have a point. I'd probably accept the first balancing changes before giving it leash'ed feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.