• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Spout Curving

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
How further does the left click decent? It is not like you can hold it like sneak.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Maybe he means if you click if starts descending until you either stop spouting or re stabilize yourself with space bar.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If that's so - waterspout is ruined. Waterbender should be in control over their spout. It would just even make no sense, by just leaving ascending controls not borked.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I see what you mean, and I think this is a really good concept. However, I'm not sure if it's "for" Minecraft, you know what I mean? It's a good concept, it going PROBABLY look good if it was made right (not sure if it'd be aesthetically pleasing or not), but how can you animate/code the movements to be "good"? I just have a feeling that if they make this, it's 1) Gonna take a while to make and 2) Won't be what you expect and will ruin Water Spout.

Waterbenders are already able to camp on their spouts and dodge almost anything you throw at them, this would give them MORE dodging capabilities which I think would throw it out of balance.

It's a great concept, I just don't think it belongs in Minecraft.

Loony

Verified Member
I have absolutely idea how this would work in game at all.. how do you expect it to just start curving?..

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I have absolutely idea how this would work in game at all.. how do you expect it to just start curving?..
Well he said it'd be activated by:
hold sneak to move your spout around, rather than walking.
if you try to walk...
Your spout will curve instead of moving
However for looks, I have no idea... That's what I was saying:
it going PROBABLY look good if it was made right (not sure if it'd be aesthetically pleasing or not)
I don't think it would look that well, but I'm still waiting for someone to make an in game representation. I could see it being useful, but I can also see it making water a bit too over powered in the water. They can already easily dodge things with the current water spout and this would be giving them MORE dodging capabilities. If they're going to change water spout at all, I agree with adding a sort of "spout rush" effect when they maybe Shift+Click (When they activate this "spout rush" they will be able to speed quickly using their spout (There will need to be enough snow/water for this to be effective because of the fact that it needs a source to work))

Loony

Verified Member
Activating it in-game and actually getting it to curve are two different things,, this just wouldn't work at all..

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Perhaps curving should work while you have WaterSpout bind selected? It would be more easier to pick up for waterbenders than SuperBower's confusing control suggestion.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well to activate your spout you'd have to be on the spout slot. And he never changes perspectives so why should we assume we can do his anywhere. I always assume suggestions are required to he on their respective slot to function unless said otherwise so... Maybe it's just my assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Waterspout is a special ability, because once you activate it, you don't have to have that slot selected. Just switch to watermanipulation, press shift down and you can decend down regardless.

I'm thinking perhaos with WaterSpout you should be able to curve, but not move it around. Whike with another selected, you should be able to move it around.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Perhaps if you gave water spout selected and try to move, it will curve, but if you move to a different ability you will be able to walk around with your spout.

Loony

Verified Member
Implementing this in-game would be awkward and complicated. The suggestions you offered for spout seem to give it less control and precision and having curvature would just be too hard to implement and get it working correctly. Suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.