• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Spout Curving

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
This is an idea I've had for a while. It's something odd, and honestly I just found it thought-provoking enough after a while that I've decided to share it.

This idea would change the way how spouts move and function.

Left Click would enable your spout. However, left clicking again would make your spout start to descend. If you sneak while left clicking, your spout will instantly dissipate. This is the same if you hold sneak first and then left click.

Here's where it gets interesting.

You hold sneak to move your spout around, rather than walking. You can increase your spout height like normal. However, if you try to walk...
Your spout will curve instead of moving. This curving distance can be from anywhere to 5 - 7 blocks.

That's my idea that I've had for a while. If anyone wants to comment on it, feel free.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The spout.... Curves? As in... Like the center of it starts wiggling around where you tell it to? For what purpose exactly? I'm confused in the point of this suggestion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It is more a bent than curved. I think SuperBower means pulling the top tip of it downwards to a side, shaping it into upsidedown L-shape. Benefit: probably forgot to mention, but this way you could hover off the edge of the pool, over to overland, without the spout crashing.

Something alike avatar did.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Mix feelings, but I think it should only be applied to (avatar) waterspout or a waterspout >> torrent change, nothing else. Why make it easier and flexible? Spouts weren'that portrayed in the show.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It is more a bent than curved. I think SuperBower means pulling the top tip of it downwards to a side, shaping it into upsidedown L-shape. Benefit: probably forgot to mention, but this way you could hover off the edge of the pool, over to overland, without the spout crashing.

Something alike avatar did.
Nope

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Though it will get destroy if the user is hovering above overlands?
Provided that the spout itself is not cut (from it's source), then no. Though naturally, if someone is waving their spout overhead, you're more likely to hit it if you fire at let's say < (less than or equal to) a 45 degree angle.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Thought it's canon. Spouts were always faster in the show than how slow they are in the game.
It's also canon to Lightningbend while you're being bloodbent, or to instantly generate a quick burst of Lightning, or to charge up a Lightning Stream in about 2 seconds. I do think that it would be best to follow the canon examples for spouts, but I just can't think of a way to make it balanced, even if we were to basically add SpoutRush to the plugin. Feel free to make that suggestion though.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You can do that currently too.
Yes, but it's rather... limited in terms of actually moving your spout. Now I'm not saying that this system would be better, because it certainly has it's flaws. However, to say that there's no point of it is something that I disagree with.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It's also canon to Lightningbend while you're being bloodbent, or to instantly generate a quick burst of Lightning, or to charge up a Lightning Stream in about 2 seconds. I do think that it would be best to follow the canon examples for spouts, but I just can't think of a way to make it balanced, even if we were to basically add SpoutRush to the plugin. Feel free to make that suggestion though.
Shit ton of people suggested it, so I don't wanna go over and repeat it.
Yes, but it's rather... limited in terms of actually moving your spout. Now I'm not saying that this system would be better, because it certainly has it's flaws. However, to say that there's no point of it is something that I disagree with.
How is it different from moving a whole spout? xNuminousx was asking for applications. What would the point of the "curving" be? Is it a really good reason, because why not just dodge with the whole spout surfed? It is a nice aesthetic, but is it really a good decision to just change the for the sake of it while the ability doesn't have any purpose/reason to exist?

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Shit ton of people suggested it, so I don't wanna go over and repeat it.

How is it different from moving a whole spout? xNuminousx was asking for applications. What would the point of the "curving" be? Is it a really good reason, because why not just dodge with the whole spout surfed?
Moving the top of your spout as opposed to your whole spout means that you can actually side step some techniques, since the bottom of your spout won't be moving. So for example, if I were to shoot a FireBlast at the base of your spout, if you were in a rather tight spot, you could tilt your spout away from the FireBlast rather than moving the whole spout in an undesirable spout.
This can also be used for peaking into areas such an elevated cave: since you won't be able to have your spout be connected to the water below you directly, you can peak into this elevated with your spout having it's source connected to the water a few blocks away while you yourself can be bending a pond inside the cave.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
How further does the left click decent? It is not like you can hold it like sneak.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Status
Not open for further replies.