• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Spirit portals/Tree of time.

Turabi4

Verified Member
Hi, I have a suggestion. Add the spirit portals. And the tree of time.

Spirit portals: These are portals which can let you enter the spirit world and keep your bending. The Avatar can close a portal or open one. To create a portal you must have an ability with uses high energy powered by "spirit vines" to do so or a command. The portal will be some beacon lights.

The tree of time: With the portals closed you can trap spirits into the tree of time using an avatar ability. If you open all the portals, then the spirits trapped in the tree of time can be released during the special day which I forgot what it was called. If Vaatu is included in this somehow, then feel free to trap vaatu. :3 Oh, and it's a great meditating place. It did display the avatar's memories too.. but that probably cannot be done. Maybe it can show you a history of your chat messages in the plugin? Located somewhere in the spirit world. The middle?

(spoilers for show) At the end of the fourth season of the legend of korra a portal was created in the middle of republic city due to a high blast with a special weapon powered by "spirit vines".

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
This seems like an awful lot to add in. First because we don't have spirits, spirit vines, or a spirit world yet. We also do not know what is planned for the spirit plugin yet.

Turabi4

Verified Member
This seems like an awful lot to add in. First because we don't have spirits, spirit vines, or a spirit world yet. We also do not know what is planned for the spirit plugin yet.
There were suggestions for spirits and this is a spirit plugin.. sure there is gonna be spirits in this. If there's gonna be an actual spirit world in this in the boundaries of a plugin then this is great for it. Also, of course they probably did not add it yet. It's still in development, obviously. :p

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
There were suggestions for spirits and this is a spirit plugin.. sure there is gonna be spirits in this. If there's gonna be an actual spirit world in this in the boundaries of a plugin then this is great for it. Also, of course they're probably not added it. It's still in development, obviously. :p
We know that there will be spirits, but thats about it. We don't have much else to go on.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Spirits without the spirit world? How does that work?
Spirits only need to leave the spirit world to be in ours. Besides, what would even be in this dimension? Given we can only work with vanilla concepts.

Turabi4

Verified Member
I didn't say anything about generating a spirit world. If there's a spirit world and spirits, then this could work out just fine. The player(an OP) can create the tree somewhere in the spirit world and set 1 part of it as a prison which only unlocks when all the portals to the spirit world are open on a special day. And, as another feature, in the tree of time you can see all your chat messages(or at least the ones you made as long as you were online) if you meditate(hold shift) for 10 seconds under this tree which would probably need an OP to set where "under the tree" is. Could work out just fine. Therefore, I don't need to edit my suggestion at all, because it follows everything that is happening in korraproject.
Spirits will be players, pretty sure that was confirmed
Spirits are humans? Alright, that's still cool. The Avatar can take ones bending with this plugin and that's powerful, so this is fair enough being it a human. A custom item could be the "spirit vine weapon" powerful enough to create a portal like what happened in legend of korra. I see nothing that goes against the plugin and goes well with the spirits. This follows everything you said "Spirits will be player" "Also, we will not be generating a spirit world". Also, seeing how awesome this plugin is even if this is a lot it can be done.

Last edited:

Turabi4

Verified Member
There's a thread telling what is planned for it. You are not updated, are you?
We know that there will be spirits, but thats about it. We don't have much else to go on.
There's more planned. Go to the thread above. Spirit world and energybending.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
There's a thread telling what is planned for it. You are not updated, are you?
They made the spirit post 9 months ago. Just because you joined in the past week doesn't mean that everybody is as new to this information as you are.

="Turabi4, post: 38973, member: 3523"A custom item could be the "spirit vine weapon" powerful enough to create a portal like what happened in legend of korra. I see nothing that goes against the plugin and goes well with the spirits.
1. Just because something happened in Korra (spirit cannon) doesn't mean it has to be in plugin. It would be OP and wouldn't really fit in
2. I'm not saying it goes against, I'm just saying these things would be hard to fully code and plan based on what we have.

Turabi4

Verified Member
They made the spirit post 9 months ago. Just because you joined in the past week doesn't mean that everybody is as new to this information as you are.
I joined in the past week, but I certainly browsed here for months. Don't judge by looks.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I joined in the past week, but I certainly browsed here for months.
If you knew that the post was made 9 months ago, why are you criticizing me for saying that the 9 months void of info merits some waiting before suggesting for the spirit plugin. Besides, things that they post in early development aren't always true. They said pro-bending would be in by Q1 2015, but they're only human and things can change. Especially in 9 months.

Turabi4

Verified Member

1. Just because something happened in Korra (spirit cannon) doesn't mean it has to be in plugin. It would be OP and wouldn't really fit in
2. I'm not saying it goes against, I'm just saying these things would be hard to fully code and plan based on what we have.
Yeah, this feature doesn't have to be in the plugin, but I thought this feature was cool and suggested it, because I have seen legends of korra and liked it. Also, only the avatar with special permission from an OP can trap a spirit, so that takes away from a little of the OP, but still kind of OP. Maybe the day it can open be common, and let every avatar open/close portals, so a trapped spirit can easily escape and the cool down for this special avatar ability can be a long time. This stuff also takes away from some of the OP, but still kind of OP in some cases. If they decide not to add the tree in this suggestion, maybe they can add the spirit portal part, because there will be a spirit world which a server admin can create. Of course, this suggestion is for IF they are still going to make it where you can create a spirit world in config.(set a world as spiritworld).

bordalandsdude191

Verified Member
Hi, I have a suggestion. Add the spirit portals. And the tree of time.

Spirit portals: These are portals which can let you enter the spirit world and keep your bending. The Avatar can close a portal or open one. To create a portal you must have an ability with uses high energy powered by "spirit vines" to do so or a command. The portal will be some beacon lights.

The tree of time: With the portals closed you can trap spirits into the tree of time using an avatar ability. If you open all the portals, then the spirits trapped in the tree of time can be released during the special day which I forgot what it was called. If Vaatu is included in this somehow, then feel free to trap vaatu. :3 Oh, and it's a great meditating place. It did display the avatar's memories too.. but that probably cannot be done. Maybe it can show you a history of your chat messages in the plugin? Located somewhere in the spirit world. The middle?

(spoilers for show) At the end of the fourth season of the legend of korra a portal was created in the middle of republic city due to a high blast with a special weapon powered by "spirit vines".
Perhaps the meditation can make an "astral projection" if you're not an airbender and meditate into it.

Turabi4

Verified Member
It's impossible to summon beacon beams without having actual beacons
Of course, you just step on the actual beacons and you teleport to the other world. Also, in vanilla minecraft it's impossible maybe. But, in modded minecraft and minecraft plugins and since beacon lights exist in minecraft AND because you can make particles out of nothing EXAMPLE: the beam you can only use in the avatar state in the add-ons then it's possible. I may be wrong about it for plugins, though. Sorry that I brought up a kind of old thread. I was on vacation so I was unavailable to come on here when you guys replied and would wish for this thread to still be available to comment on. You guys would ask, how can vacation stop you? Because I don't enter login credentials on a different internet host and my android is laggy. I will update the main thread with everything you can do which makes the "think is impossible in this plugin" possible and more ideas which is possible. This is a SPIRIT plugin which is exactly why I think it's a great idea to add this. Another idea is that spirits cannot be in the normal world without an OPEN SPIRIT PORTAL. Makes sense, right. Shown us that in the show. Or, if this thread still cannot be commented on due to it being old, I may just create another suggestion adding on all the ideas I said in the comments which makes this possible and more possible ideas. I can't stand looking at the argument in the past on this thread, so that's why I don't mind. Again, this is only if the spirit world thing in the config will still exist upon release of spirits. EDIT: I made edits after I posted this, so don't argue about anything I have deleted, so just reload the page and spot what to argue about. Oh yeah, you'd have to reload the page to see this edit warning as well. Oops.

Last edited:

Verified Member
Of course, you just step on the actual beacons and you teleport to the other world. Also, in vanilla minecraft it's impossible maybe. But, in modded minecraft and minecraft plugins and since beacon lights exist in minecraft AND because you can make particles out of nothing EXAMPLE: the beam you can only use in the avatar state in the add-ons then it's possible. I may be wrong about it for plugins, though. Sorry that I brought up a kind of old thread. I was on vacation so I was unavailable to come on here when you guys replied and would wish for this thread to still be available to comment on. You guys would ask, how can vacation stop you? Because I don't enter login credentials on a different internet host and my android is laggy. I will update the main thread with everything you can do which makes the "think is impossible in this plugin" possible and more ideas which is possible. This is a SPIRIT plugin which is exactly why I think it's a great idea to add this. Another idea is that spirits cannot be in the normal world without an OPEN SPIRIT PORTAL. Makes sense, right. Shown us that in the show. Or, if this thread still cannot be commented on due to it being old, I may just create another suggestion adding on all the ideas I said in the comments which makes this possible and more possible ideas. I can't stand looking at the argument in the past on this thread, so that's why I don't mind. Again, this is only if the spirit world thing in the config will still exist upon release of spirits. EDIT: I made edits after I posted this, so don't argue about anything I have deleted, so just reload the page and spot what to argue about. Oh yeah, you'd have to reload the page to see this edit warning as well. Oops.
No that is wrong spirits can be in the normal world even with closed portals. It was proven in the show and if you don't believe me the moon and the ocean spirits, the avatar is part spirit and they weren't locked away, and also how about I forget his name but that giant panda spirit.