• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Spirit flight

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hello people,

This ability would be granted to both light and dark spirits. It allows spirits to hover over any type of platform, but not higher than a certain amount of blocks (can be changed in the config). Much like Flight, they can use it to hover above the ground by left clicking. The difference is that spirits can switch slots without SpiritFlight cancelling (only while hovering).

Why only hover you may think? Well, if it would allow the spirits to fly high into the sky, it'd become extremely OP.

That's about it! :) A cool particle effect could be added, if needed.

- Finn

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
While the ability itself is simple enough, I think there would be some problems with balance and theme.

1. The thing that makes flight OP and would make this move OP is not the height of the ability, but the speed. As an airbender with Flight you could just activate the ability whenever you were low on health and escape with unmatchable speed, not a very good thing for a plugin that has as much pvp focus as this one.

2. So, if you reduce the speed and remove the height limit, now you just have an objectively better 'spout' ability, as you can camp anywhere with your bow and abilities, without the ability for enemies to stop the move like the other 'spout' abilities. If you keep the height limit then you have an objectively weaker, depending on the height, as if it is too low you are just a sitting duck to any firebender that walks by, but also makes you extremely strong against earthbenders as you are practically invulnerable to Shockwave and most lava moves, an earthbender's main sources of damage.

3. So for the ability to be balanced against earthbender's there would need to be some way for the bender to cancel the ability, but that would make this yet another 'spout' move, bringing this to the third problem, theme. There is nothing particular about another spout move that says 'spirits.' I'm not saying every move has to be super stylized and have a full page of functions, and this move with smart balancing could be well implemented, but it should at least be unique.

There are several ways to fix these problems, in my opinion.

1. Have a drawback mechanic. Whether it is with a max flight time or max move distance, this move would definitely need one to avoid be OP. Then, you can have the move be more powerful.

2. Make this only available for one of the spirits (probably light), as the classes are opposites and should, in my opinion, have very different skills and playstyles.

This ability could be very good, those are just my criticisms.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Woops, wrong thread :oops:

Though, I do like your version of this hover, so I will contribute in this discussion: The Link I gave of an technique for Spirits, this could be transferred into that ability, making it one, as both of them share similarities (just for you to know, I'm not intentionally advertising this person idea into yours). Hovering feature being a secondary skill for the SpiritFlight ability, the feature be activated by left click, like how you suggested the player will be hovering at certain small height from the ground. You can move around from the spot you are hovering, with the limitation of gliding at the pace that you would normally be in a crouching mode (like how you press shift or any other key that makes the player to bend/lean their back) and that you would be stuck at the same ground. Like you mention, this will be togglable by the same click. Maybe also have a feature that prevents player from moving by right click (it doesn't mean they have resistance to any knockback inducing ability)? For the actual flight to occur, from the link suggestion, crouch feature will be a trigger for it.

Last edited: