• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Spirit ability: (Mind/Heart)Control

What do you think?

• I don't like neither of the ideas.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of them needs some changes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Haii ppl!

So this is a move I kinda saw in the series and I felt like I had to put it in a suggestion! There we go :)

Name: MuscleControl
Spirit Type: Dark
Controls: Shift, click
Use: When a dark spirit holds shift while looking at a monster/hostile mob (Except for the Wither and EnderDragon), they will go into it, giving them control over them. When the player clicks, the zombie attacks. When the player walks, the zombie will walk, just like you have control over it. This won't work on friendly mobs, but when using this on passive mobs, will make them aggressive. When the dark spirit leaves the mod, it'll give the mob Slowness III. BUT THERE IS MORE! When you left click on a redstone machine (Piston, dispenser, etc...), you can activate it.(piston extends for like 3 seconds) We saw this in the episode where Bumi tries to save his family, but the spirits take over his MechaTank. The cooldown would be configurable.
(This doesn't work on Wither and EnderDragon, would be very funny tho xDD)

Name:
HeartControl
Spirit Type: Light
Controls: Shift, click
Use: When a light spirit holds shift while looking at a friendly mob, they can go into it. They would have complete control over it, such as walking and placing/hitting. This won't work on any hostile mob. When holding shift while looking at a hostile mob which can be passive, it'll turn them to passive again. While the light spirit is in the mob, the mob will get Regeneration I. BUT THERE IS MORE! When shifting while looking at grass(block), plants will start to grow(let's say after 5 seconds?). They will start to grow till they reached a radius of X blocks. The radius is configurable. The codlin would be configurable as well.

That's it for now! I hope you like it!:)

- Finn

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I think I remember developers in earlier threads saying that a mob's AI cannot be changed to make passive mobs aggressive, but don't hold me to that.

When I first read HeartControl I read it as HeatControl and I was wondering what on Earth I would read next. XD

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think I remember developers in earlier threads saying that a mob's AI cannot be changed to make passive mobs aggressive, but don't hold me to that.

When I first read HeartControl I read it as HeatControl and I was wondering what on Earth I would read next. XD
XD

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Spectator mode could be used for this, but it'd require 1.8. Nice idea, but I believe they were already planning on making such a move, called "posession" for dark spirits or something. I do like how the spirits have the same moves, but slightly different. I believe it feels more like a single class that way, instead of two separate dark and light classes.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Why wouldn't it support spectator mode?
Because the old version supported 1.7 clients, in addition of 1.8. A lot of people on our server still run 1.7. If you were to use a major mechanic from 1.8 like some of the new blocks or spectator mode, we'd have to make it available to 1.8+ only, as it'd be too glitchy for 1.7 clients.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Because the old version supported 1.7 clients, in addition of 1.8. A lot of people on our server still run 1.7. If you were to use a major mechanic from 1.8 like some of the new blocks or spectator mode, we'd have to make it available to 1.8+ only, as it'd be too glitchy for 1.7 clients.
The new version is for Spigot 1.8, which ONLY supports 1.8 I believe. I'm quite sure about it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Imagine this. Dark spirit controlling a enderdragon. That would be EXTREMELY OP. And they could also make the enderdragon do certain things, like stand in place and do nothing, making the enderdragon fight much easier. So, lets not give dark spirits the ability to control enderdragons.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Imagine this. Dark spirit controlling a enderdragon. That would be EXTREMELY OP. And they could also make the enderdragon do certain things, like stand in place and do nothing, making the enderdragon fight much easier. So, lets not give dark spirits the ability to control enderdragons.
I thought I wrote "except for the Wither and EnderDragon". Nvm, I'll add it

Sketz

Verified Member
Try another name, Instead of MindControl.
I say this because the spirits arn't controlling there mine. They jump into there bodies, taking complete control over them.

:/

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Try another name, Instead of MindControl.
I say this because the spirits arn't controlling there mine. They jump into there bodies, taking complete control over them.

:/
Changed it to MuscleControl, since that's what they are actually doing.

cookiem42

Verified Member
I would love to see this, I have seen an Admin Prank plugin do something similar with taking control of players chat and movements. Obviously we can't have the chat part, but I would like the movements. For Mobs, maybe something like the Disguise plugins. Where its you, but other players just see the mob.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I can imagine controlling a ghast with this XD i would control him, that i would bring the ghast to to overworld ,that he could burn the sh*t out of people and destroy/grief other houses or something XD That would be hilarious ;D

Last edited: