• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Special Bender Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
They don't have to add up to 100%, the remaining percentage is they don't have a subelement
If they don't add up to 100 then that leaves the possibility for a player to have more than one subelement. Only elements this could work for is water and earth as we have seen benders use multiple sub-elements from these elements.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If they don't add up to 100 then that leaves the possibility for a player to have more than one subelement. Only elements this could work for is water and earth as we have seen benders use multiple sub-elements from these elements.
Or you check if they have one and disable the rest....

Janny

Verified Member
Flight might be OP, but not to the point that it has a 1% chance. I am thinking atleast 5%.

Hero

Verified Member
Fly, your lavabending is alittle too high... 25% is 1 - 4 in my eyes. Sinces there is only 2 non avatar lavabenders, maybe it should be 10%

Hero

Verified Member
This would require there to be an order in which the subelements are checked.. Does nobody else see a problem with this?
Um...it doesnt have to equal 100%

Besides lavabending is super rare, I was just suggestion it should be a 1 - 10 chance of someone being a lavabender. a.k.a 10%

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Um...it doesnt have to equal 100%

Besides lavabending is super rare, I was just suggestion it should be a 1 - 10 chance of someone being a lavabender. a.k.a 10%
Nonono I'm not talking about lavabending, I'm talking about how it looks like they are gonna make this. With checking if a player has a subelement then disabling the rest. This would require a sequential order. Which subelement is first to be checked... That could cause some controversy. I would think the subelements with the lowest chance would be first and so on.

Hero

Verified Member
Nonono I'm not talking about lavabending, I'm talking about how it looks like they are gonna make this. With checking if a player has a subelement then disabling the rest. This would require a sequential order. Which subelement is first to be checked... That could cause some controversy. I would think the subelements with the lowest chance would be first and so on.
What? You do know that people can have multiple sub-elements, right? Its just rare. Most lavabenders aka Bolin cant metalbend. Zuko cant make his own lightning. Plantbenders normally don't work with ice.

Its not about sequence, its will be just chance. The only percentage I disagree with is lavabending and maybe combustion.

I dont know whats with fly and this whole prodigy business. Just because they are a prodigy doesn't mean they can bend all the sub-elements. You dont see Azula combustion-bending everyone because she can't. (At least never seen). "A person, especially a young one, endowed with exceptional qualities or abilities."
That's the definition of prodigy. (And they are usually involved as omens....) Being able to firebend skillfully and with blue fire is her skill. So I think Fly's prodigy should be change to just buff's like strength or whatever and still have the chance of sub-elements added to them. Not just get all their sub-elements.

NOTE: And I believe that Fly should add lightning generation and lightning redirection to his chance suggestion. They do count as two different things.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What? You do know that people can have multiple sub-elements, right? Its just rare. Most lavabenders aka Bolin cant metalbend. Zuko cant make his own lightning. Plantbenders normally don't work with ice.

Its not about sequence, its will be just chance. The only percentage I disagree with is lavabending and maybe combustion.

I dont know whats with fly and this whole prodigy business. Just because they are a prodigy doesn't mean they can bend all the sub-elements. You dont see Azula combustion-bending everyone because she can't. (At least never seen). "A person, especially a young one, endowed with exceptional qualities or abilities."
That's the definition of prodigy. (And they are usually involved as omens....) Being able to firebend skillfully and with blue fire is her skill. So I think Fly's prodigy should be change to just buff's like strength or whatever and still have the chance of sub-elements added to them. Not just get all their sub-elements.

NOTE: And I believe that Fly should add lightning generation and lightning redirection to his chance suggestion. They do count as two different things.
There is a point where you are wrong. Airbending and firebending have never shown their subelements to be compatible. So therefore we cannot give a firebender combustion and lightning by default. There cannot even be a chance. And I was talking about what Alex said, about checking to see if a player already has a subelement and then disabling the rest. That would require some sequence of subelements. The percent wouldn't matter if the bender already had a subelement.

Hero

Verified Member
There is a point where you are wrong. Airbending and firebending have never shown their subelements to be compatible. So therefore we cannot give a firebender combustion and lightning by default. There cannot even be a chance. And I was talking about what Alex said, about checking to see if a player already has a subelement and then disabling the rest. That would require some sequence of subelements. The percent wouldn't matter if the bender already had a subelement.
I just said it was rare for a bending element to have all of their sub-elements mastered...

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I love the suggestion and it's great to know that it's on development :D

But I think that bloodbending should as another variable, instead of just the Bloodbending that works at any time
I believe that there should be two different variations:
FulltimeBloodbending: 15 (like Amon, Tarlok and their father)
FullmoonBloodbending: 30-40 (like Hama and Katara)

In the show FullMoonBloodbending is an easier ability that can be learned quite easely by skillful waterbender (Katara did it pretty much instintively, just by seing Kama doing it... :cool:) and used only during fullmoon.

Since that is only like once each 30 nights, I think the night buff should be enouth to let waterbenders use Bloodbending, otherwise it would became kind of an useless ability...
If you desagree then there should be at least the FullmoonBloobending chance to bloodbend during the fullmoon.

Last edited:

TheElementHunter

Verified Member
I think this would be good to get rid of alot of avatars on servers. Most people buy avatar to have those "unique" abilities and this would spread those abilities equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.