• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Spammers are spamming

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Right now, bots have over taken the forum (kinda...), with their advertisements to promote their product that is non-related to pk what so ever.

While their rules for that kind of behaviour and action on this thing that they're doing, but for most part (to me) it's annoying - the new post box and page is filled with these junk.

There for, I do think one of these two below options should be applied temporarely for a two months or so. Otherwise, it might end well in the future, since the rate of them is now is slowly, but still widely is growing currently:

1. Whenever a newcomer/bot tries to post a thread in PK(CORE)\General Discussions, the thread won't be uploaded if the moderator denies or until (s)he accepts the submission. After it gers "accepted", the thread will be fully posted and displayed in public.
  2. Newcombers will have to become full members to get access to post threads. To do that, the new comers will have to post a certain number of replies through the forum. Comments that will get deleted (aka advertisements) will not be counted no longer in that number database, except for full members.
I'm posting this thread to help out the forum for the staff, including its community as well, not just for my own benefit. I do not personally think anybody will like these spammed threads that became huge in numbers, so here I am - addressing the obvious issue with a fix that I shared with you all.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think the approval of first post idea is great! That'd really drop spam because it'd have moderators filter all of the first posts, instead of having moderators have to filter account creations. So if it's a spam account, it's SQUASHED

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Thanks. Another thing, I noticed they are promoting products on their message walls as well.To prevent that: add restriction for newbies to not post links until becoming a full member.