• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Spam Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The reason watercampers exist? It's pretty obivious. They can't defend themselves on land. People destroy plants and i dont think a waterbender has bottles with them all the time. And it requires to much time to turn around to look at water and select a source, use the move and then fire it at someone
That's just not true. Give me a little fountain and I can win. Some torrent dragging. Some IceBlast. Badabing badaboom! KILL

chazpants

Verified Member
People still spam airswipe even after the wall damage update that annoys me but if moves like earthblast gets a cool down the other moves need shorter cool downs so you can use a variety

BlueGhost

Verified Member
People don't understand Airbenders. #NoDiscrimination4Airbenders
I'm giving airswipe an bigger amount of consecutive times and combos won't be affected anyway so airbenders can still atack ;)

People still spam airswipe even after the wall damage update that annoys me but if moves like earthblast gets a cool down the other moves need shorter cool downs so you can use a variety
Well I'll edit so that it allows for a bigger amount of times it can be used, I don't know how many, let me know :)
And anyway you just need to wait 10 seconds after using an certain amount time the moves, it's not that much time,
The spam cooldown is only activated if you keep on using the moves an too large amount of times (fi you spam), if not it won't even get activated. Beliave me this will only be bad for spammers. :D
And everything here will be configurable, it can even be turned off

jedk1

I would actually love for this to be a thing, as I have an anti spam rule on my server, this would make it much more managable!

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I would actually love for this to be a thing, as I have an anti spam rule on my server, this would make it much more managable!
It's good to know my idea may help someone :D
Ohh, by the way, do you think I sould change the amount of consecutive times it can be done? If yes, to how many? :p

BlueGhost

Verified Member
have it configurable.
Yes, yes
I'm planning on it being configurable, but there are still an huge amount of servers that use just the default plugin, so I want it to be balanced and fair in the default version...
;)

jedk1

Yes, yes
I'm planning on it being configurable, but there are still an huge amount of servers that use just the default plugin, so I want it to be balanced and fair in the default version...
;)
simple. have the server set it to enabled via a config.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Alright, looks like a good idea for me :D
Sorry for not being able to help code it, but I pretty much nothing about coding. :(
Hope this is possible and someone actually puts effort into implementing it.

Joeri

Verified Member
That's just not true. Give me a little fountain and I can win. Some torrent dragging. Some IceBlast. Badabing badaboom! KILL
It's still a fact that waterbenders are more easily defeated on land then in the water, and times that i have seen a fountain randomly or a small pool apart from a huge body of water? almost never. Sure in a 1vs1 you could go on land, but on most big servers when you go on land in the pvp arena your just gonna get bombed by earthblasts, fireblasts and airswipes

Asking a waterbender not to watercamp is asking them to limit themselves.

Just so you know, i don't like watercamping either, but i understand why it happends. There aren't enough sources on land in pvp area's. People destroy plants and i almost never see a small pool of water.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's still a fact that waterbenders are more easily defeated on land then in the water, and times that i have seen a fountain randomly or a small pool apart from a huge body of water? almost never. Sure in a 1vs1 you could go on land, but on most big servers when you go on land in the pvp arena your just gonna get bombed by earthblasts, fireblasts and airswipes

Just so you know, i don't like watercamping either, but i understand why it happends. There aren't enough sources on land in pvp area's. People destroy plants and i almost never see a small pool of water.
Rivers, trees, plains, farms, vines, etc.

BlueGhost

Verified Member

Well I've created a thread to give waterbenders more easy sources while on land, if you want to check it out... Anyway I'm thinking of changing it a bit, but here it is: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/water-reutilization.2391/

Rivers, trees, plains, farms, vines, etc.
Agreed there are lots of things you can use to waterbend, you're not that limited....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.