• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Server Owner's - We're a community

jedk1

The idea is great and all, but it hurts when they turn around and stab you in the back. Which happens way too often for my liking.

Sketz

Verified Member
The idea is great and all, but it hurts when they turn around and stab you in the back. Which happens way too often for my liking.
Yeah, I'm assuming you're referring to your old what use to be friend.
I've had this happen to me before as well, so I can understand from your viewpoint.

jedk1

Yeah, I'm assuming you're referring to your old what use to be friend.
I've had this happen to me before as well, so I can understand from your viewpoint.
Na not just that, I'm on about many many times this has happened to me. Where I've helped build up a server or helped in some way, then get butt fucked by the owner/staff.

Sketz

Verified Member
Na not just that, I'm on about many many times this has happened to me. Where I've helped build up a server or helped in some way, then get butt fucked by the owner/staff.
Yeah alright, I understand now.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Yeah- same. Whenever I'm staff on a server, I generally apply for manager or regular staff- and in some way, shape, or form. I like this and I really want this to be a reality, but it won't happen in today's day and age.

jedk1

Okay, for anyone who still uses this, just a heads up. The player "CastingFire" and their alt "VATAV" likes to make fun of people with autism, and wishes for people to commit suicide. Just incase you wanted to ban them ya know. ;) Apparently he also says he DDOS'd my server last year. What a nice player.

Last edited:
U

UnlitedOwns

Okay, for anyone who still uses this, just a heads up. The player "CastingFire" and their alt "VATAV" likes to make fun of people with autism, and wishes for people to commit suicide. Just incase you wanted to ban them ya know. ;) Apparently he also says he DDOS'd my server last year. What a nice player.
Though I realise your intentions are well placed, it'd be nice to have some form of evidence with this claim. Maybe you could attach some screenshots?

Hero

Verified Member
Evening all,
I want to discuss something that's annoyed me for a very long time.

For some reason, server owners (not all, but some) have an issue with helping each other. It's like you get the feeling that if you help someone else, all your player base will disappear and go to the person who you helped. Thinking like this is backwards logic.
For example, in the past, I've asked a server owner what plugin they use for a specific thing, let's say what warning plugin they have. They wouldn't tell me. I didn't understand why they wouldn't tell me the name of the warning plugin they used, it's not like I'm copying their server, just interested in using the same public plugin that would benefit my server. It doesn't make any difference to them if I use the same warning plugin as them.

None of us know how to do every single thing when it comes to a server - it's a learning experience. So why not help out other server owners when we can? Not only does it form a mutual friendship that will help each other out when needed, but it's bettering our server's.

I always try to help out server owner's whenever I can, because if I hadn't had the help from other server owner's my server would probably be a lot worse than it is now.
We're a community, we should help each other. We don't have to hate all other server owner's for no apparent reason, simply because they also have a bending server. Sharing information, helping one another isn't going to make your players go to another server. Each server is unique and that's why your player base is there. Let's stop acting like children and get over our stubbornness and ego.

That's all I've got to say.
- feel free to comment your opinion on the matter.
While this is a nice thing, alot of server owners are children. I've also seen alot of "adult" owners who are vile and disgusting to be around. And while a community server experience would be nice, they don't want to lose players because they donate and keep the server running. If servers were free, I doubt that people would care.

Moral of the story: Don't expect people to tell and certainly don't expect people to change the way they think. That's just my two cents though.

Sketz

Verified Member

And then my Human Resources talked to them on skype:

Good thing you have that Skype for proof. Some people like to think we edit those logs files for proof, saying we just edited them to prove them wrong. Though, I never really thought about screening the time it shows when the log has been edited, if that would help prove it.

Since it shows the time/date it's been edited. Talking about the actual file, not the time in the brackets btw. :p

jedk1

Good thing you have that Skype for proof. Some people like to think we edit those logs files for proof, saying we just edited them to prove them wrong. Though, I never really thought about screening the time it shows when the log has been edited, if that would help prove it.

Since it shows the time/date it's been edited. Talking about the actual file, not the time in the brackets btw. :p
Nothing was editied, just timezones are a thing

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So Moral Story: Don't trust and help anyone, unless you are careful and know that there won't be no consequences in return?

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
No... There are some people whom of which you can trust. You just have to make the right choices.

Sketz

Verified Member
Nothing was editied, just timezones are a thing
I wasn't saying you edited the log files, but that when I tried proving something with server logs, they just said I edited them.
It just made it complicated, so that's why I pointed that out xD.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
While this is a nice thing, alot of server owners are children. I've also seen alot of "adult" owners who are vile and disgusting to be around. And while a community server experience would be nice, they don't want to lose players because they donate and keep the server running. If servers were free, I doubt that people would care.

Moral of the story: Don't expect people to tell and certainly don't expect people to change the way they think. That's just my two cents though.
I have to agree with this. I like to travel from bending server to bending server to gain a new experience and become a better firebender, but half of these servers are different than what they were, say a couple years ago with Orion's plugin.
A lot of servers rely on people donating for other elements (Multibenders are bullshit, that's my take on it. I'm not trying to insult a single server owner or multibender, but I'm just opposed against it. The server I play on gains money without having multibenders, and it's quite a pleasurable experience), while others can have a horrible community. Years back, I could expect some honorable opponents, some people I could make friends with, even if we're opposed in the arena. Now, I try to fight in the arena, and I get either spammed with avatarstate, addons, or both. In a way, the bending plugin did die. The old way of having fun, making friends, and joking around has ended, practically vanished. And while Orion's plugin was far from perfect compared to what we have now, I'd much rather experience Orion's Plugin with the old community than have this with the present day community.
As a side note, I'm not a hypocrite if you ever find me on a server with multiple elements. Infact, if you find me on a server with multiple elements, it means that I take it practically as a joke, nothing too serious.