• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bug Report Server Chat

Sketz

Verified Member
Hello,

I'm bringing this issue up that i have that is very annoying to me, i would really like this fixed.

I don't think anything else will fix it.

So a long while back my server chat, Stop displaying chats. It only displayed when people joined or left.
I know it's ProjectKorra doing this because I went every....single......plugin in my server.

When i took out ProjectKorra and tried the rest of the plugins so on, chat worked. Then i put it back. it stops again.

I know there is a setting in the config where is says Chat: ture or false.
I've already tried both options.

Let me know if this is happening to anyone else, That uses a Hoster or maybe BukkitGUI?

I don't think I'm the only one that's noticed it, or i just haven't found a way to resolve this issue.

- I'm using a Hoster.

Sketz

Verified Member
What bukkit/spigot version and what PK version? Any errors?

Spigot - 1.7-1.8
Korra version - 1.4.0 don't really matter.

Does this happen to you?
Can you see people talk in chat? Mine moved to my console and I hate that..

Last edited:

Joeri

Verified Member
Spigot - 1.7-1.8
Korea version - 1.4.0 don't really matter.

Does this happen to you?
Can you see people talk in chat? Mine moved to my console and I hate that..
Try to upgrade to 1.5.0 NOT 1.5.1

Are you the only one experiencing it on the server?

Sketz

Verified Member
It's not the version, and it's not on the server.

It's the Korra jar its self.

It's on the hosted where the console is.
Instead of console, there is a server chat tab, if I go there. It allowed me to see what everyone is saying in the server. Now I can't see what they say, only see if someone connects or disconnects.

Joeri

Verified Member
It's not the version, and it's not on the server.

It's the Korra jar its self.

It's on the hosted where the console is.
Instead of console, there is a server chat tab, if I go there. It allowed me to see what everyone is saying in the server. Now I can't see what they say, only see if someone connects or disconnects.
Go to settings > multiplayer settings and tell me what your "Chat" is on

Sketz

Verified Member
Go to settings > multiplayer settings and tell me what your "Chat" is on

Forrrr the lastttt timeeee its not The server CHAT.

The hoster, that runs my server has;
Console:
Chat:
FTP:
Along with other stuff. If I go to CHAT on my HOSTER, I can go there to see everyone talking. This isn't an In-Game error.

Now when I go to my HOSTER CHAT,
I can't see people talking anymore.

It only shows people that disconnect and reconnect. This would be ProjectKorra that is doing this to my HOSTER CHAT.

Hope you understand now. ^-^

Joeri

Verified Member
Forrrr the lastttt timeeee its not The server CHAT.

The hoster, that runs my server has;
Console:
Chat:
FTP:
Along with other stuff. If I go to CHAT on my HOSTER, I can go there to see everyone talking. This isn't an In-Game error.

Now when I go to my HOSTER CHAT,
I can't see people talking anymore.

It only shows people that disconnect and reconnect. This would be ProjectKorra that is doing this to my HOSTER CHAT.

Hope you understand now. ^-^
I dont know what you mean with "Hoster Chat" and "Hoster"

I also host my server online and i have no problems

Sketz

Verified Member
Yes, i kniw that. But is the problem with the ingame chat?

You see how you can see in that Chat, In the hoster. Where he says "Hello".
If people talk on your server, they can see the owner speaking through that. then they reply.
If they reply there chat will go through in the server to the rest and all of the players,
However It will no go to my hoster chat. That thing in the picture. Instead, It ignores it, and sends it to my Console instead.
thus making it very difficult for me to read chat.

In my chat on the hoster, It only shows people that disconnect or reconnet to the server.

Example:

My Hoster Chat:

19:25:16 <> Player kingkai142 disconnected (Disconnected)
19:23:20 <> Player kingkai142 connected
19:14:46 <> Player zeddy152 disconnected (Disconnected)
19:14:35 <> Player net.minecraft.util.com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@42655afc[id=<null>,name=zeddy152,properties={},legacy=false] (/72.252.218.233:62759) disconnected (Disconnected)
19:14:24 <> Player zeddy152 connected
18:20:22 <> Player kingkai142 disconnected (Disconnected)
18:09:03 <> Player kingkai142 connected
17:38:25 <> Player harry10potter disconnected (Disconnected)
17:34:20 <> Player harry10potter connected
16:33:44 <> Player zeddy152 disconnected (Disconnected)
16:33:38 <> Player zeddy152 connected
15:44:09 <> Player DylanErico disconnected (Disconnected)
15:43:03 <> Player DylanErico connected
15:30:34 <> Player mrshelly disconnected (Disconnected)
15:30:13 <> Player mrshelly connected

Expample of what It should do:

0:47 <『MOD』xXPhoenixXx> True
04:40:45 <『OWNER』xXSkitzCrafterXx>Thx
04:30:46 <『WaterChief』MyAss> XD
04:30:45 <『MOD』xXPhoenixXx> I want the new moves that the new

As you can see the server had gotten just a little bit of my Chat.

Sketz

Verified Member
Try to update to 1.5.0 yes ik blabla its not the version but just try it

xD, Alright.

Well, Thank you for trying to help me.
So if you go to your hoster with your FTP or what ever and you go to your chat, you can see people chat? Is it just me? :-;

dNiym

Verified Member
Im not sure this issue is 100% PK related. We have two different hosts, MultiCraft and Exodus
I just tried the "chat" feature on four different servers. Including one that was still running 1.7.9 our PK server, Factions server and Main server are all running the new Spigot 1.8.

You can send chat from the chat window on both hosts but you can't see it appear in the window nor can you see the regular player chat. Do people actually even use that feature? :p

Why not just use the console? and do /say you would see all the chat plus much more.

Sketz

Verified Member
Im not sure this issue is 100% PK related. We have two different hosts, MultiCraft and Exodus
I just tried the "chat" feature on four different servers. Including one that was still running 1.7.9 our PK server, Factions server and Main server are all running the new Spigot 1.8.

You can send chat from the chat window on both hosts but you can't see it appear in the window nor can you see the regular player chat. Do people actually even use that feature? :p

Why not just use the console? and do /say you would see all the chat plus much more.

dNiym, I'm not trying to be rude. but everyone is different from each other.
As for me, I use the chat to view Conversations on the server, because i have the time for that (No life :( )
I use to use it all the time. I don't use consol, because It's constantly being spammed by ProjectKorra Errors. -_-

Thanks for the Information, did you say the console chat was working for you? or not working?
So It's not just ProjectKorra you say?

hmmm.... >.>

EDIT: So your chat Is broke like mine. It seems. :/

Sketz

Verified Member

Also you're a developer, A very good one. It seems like.
I think you edit ProjectKorra a lot, where you fixed a lot of your errors for the server right?

Just seems that way. So you may not have as many errors.
If you didn't in a way. Then My server is just.... eh.. :/

dNiym

Verified Member
No Offense Taken - different strokes for different folks.

But, what I'm saying is we only have ONE ProjectKorra server.. and i tested this on 3 other servers, and NONE of our servers the chat works on... Maybe it's spigot as that and essentials is the only thing the 4 servers have in common. If you recently switched to spigot from craftbukkit or upgraded essentials perhaps that's when it happened. I really have no idea when our chat feature on the host stopped working.

As for your errors, report them! Besides wasting space and making your console un-usable they typically mean something isn't behaving like it should and they should be addressed!

Sketz

Verified Member
No Offense Taken - different strokes for different folks.

But, what I'm saying is we only have ONE ProjectKorra server.. and i tested this on 3 other servers, and NONE of our servers the chat works on... Maybe it's spigot as that and essentials is the only thing the 4 servers have in common. If you recently switched to spigot from craftbukkit or upgraded essentials perhaps that's when it happened. I really have no idea when our chat feature on the host stopped working.

As for your errors, report them! Besides wasting space and making your console un-usable they typically mean something isn't behaving like it should and they should be addressed!

Thanks. I already know what's causing the issue though. It is ProjectKorra. because i went through all of my plugins 1 by 1.
It's just annoying. then the chat works when i reload ( because plugins are disabled, then re enabled), and if someone talks. It catchs that small conversation. then that's it. because It's Pk. When reloading. It disables it. (chat - ON) Chat catches it. re enables it (Chat- OFF). If you understand what i'm saying. However you could be right.

I mean, at first i though ProjectKorra was the cause of my 1.5.0 not working so i had to stay with 1.4.0,
Then I thought it was worldgaurd. Well It's not all of that. What was cutting my ProjectKorra off and worldgaurd. Was factions and MassiveCore plugins. I had the newer versions, then i downgraded those since they didn't mean that much to me in updates. and everything started working again. I have less errors too. :D

dNiym

Verified Member
FWIW the latest dev versions of massivecore and factions work great with 1.5+ and wg 6.
There were a couple dev versions of factions a couple builds back that were very buggy and glitchy so it wouldn't surprise me if they were to blame.