• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

RolePlaying

HydroMan

Verified Member
Sveiki. I have idea that I or even projectkorra could upload of videos to youtube. I'll be showcasing videos that demonstrates the amazing fightning scenes from Avatar The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra series on youtube. In them, the actors will use actual bending moves from the ProjectKorra plugin. Before I could start, I'll need a volunteres to take a role of this videos for this project to be accomplished:
  1. A good camera man!
  2. Actors (obviously)
:D
I also think this would be a great way for pk channel on youtube to advertise the plugin and bring more people to download and participate in developing this plugin better.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You forgot a few jobs.
  • Server hoster
  • Editors
  • Director
  • (Possibly developers for custom things)

HydroMan

Verified Member
For the first scene, we'll roleplay the fight of a Mai&Ty Lee vs Katara&Sokka.
(0:35-1:18)
Cast:
  • Katara
  • Mai
  • Sokka
  • Ty Lee
Animals:
  • Two horses.

Bending Moves:
  • DaggerThrow
  • WaterFlow
  • Acrobatstance
  • RapidPunch
  • Paralyze
  • Surge

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
You forgot a few jobs.
  • Server hoster
  • Editors
  • Director
  • (Possibly developers for custom things)
Editor&Director will be me, so I don't count myself. :p
I think I could get around with existing moves and addons, besides, not all developers would agree on doing just for a video. And for the server hoster, all I have to is agree for the permission, but I think it wouldn't matter much of asking, since all you're doing is filming a video machima in a empty plot with no UI in the way.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
You might also wanna get some builders and (story/dialogue) writers.
I'm thinkng of doing the roleplay on your server, if you don't mind. :D In there we can assign those builders to do the job.

Why we need story writers if I just told you that we gonna use the canon scenes? I'm gonna add subtitles or if not, voice overs

HydroMan

Verified Member
I forgot to ask if anyone would like to sign up one of the characters I listed? I'll give you skins to your chosen character for the roleplay and we'll make an arranged everything in pm.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
It seems like none of the interesting movement people do in this clip would be able to be presented in Minecraft. Overall, it's a cool idea to do this, but I don't believe it could be done efficiently easily.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
here is an idea, why don't you guys instead of attempting to mimic a scene from the cartoon , make your own avatar story and story line.
it allows for alot more freedom, flexibility and compromise if needed and you arnt hand cuffed to a story most likely everyone who plays Minecraft Avatar has seen already.
make ur own avatar movie/youtube series that features the new avatar many avatars after the time of korra ( what the avatar would be if he/she existed today)
you can use your own characters instead of ones taken from avatar as well as modern buildings, situations, machines and ect that would most likely exist today if the avatar did.
that was if you wanted to have many actors, or just a few, much bending or just a little, a big adventure, or a short comedy or action film you could without worrying about all the small details of the cartoon and trying to compare the two (you would be able to make the video at your own pace without any story-line or even movment restrictions) :D

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I do like this idea! It would be cool to have a Minecraft version of "classic" fight in the show, like Kuvira vs. Korra in Zaofu, or Katara and Aang vs. Azula and Zuko in the Crystal Catacombs in Ba Sing Se.
But, a lot of work is a need before shooting: Building, acting, server hosting... basically, everything mentioned before.
I approve this and I would like to be a part of it.

Little note here: one way we have to make it realistic is the sounds resource pack created by @Jack_08