• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Realistic Paralyse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migsel

Verified Member
it was old the first time.
I'm kinda iffy on his use of the "nyeais" thing. It gets annoying, but kinda simple. Like, everything is "nyeais".

He sure did take the role of the real Salamander Man tho, so I gotta give him/her/it props for that

HydroMan

Verified Member
Damn it, Finn, you beat me to this (or maybe i beat you to this, as i don't know if i have made this suggestion for this first, but i doubt it) :/.

orfeas

Verified Member
Nice idea.As the title says it adds more realism and sertenly makes chiblocking need more skills other than spamming!
Maybe for water and earth (the elements that need a source to be selected) the source selection would't count as bending, just the "move execution", so the selection of the source won't be stopped by paralyze (I don't really know if it makes much of a change to earth, but just to keep it fair). ;-)

For exemple if shifting is blocked then a waterbender that wants to use surge will be able to select the water source by shifting and then leftckick (move execution) to actually do the surge (wave), but if he leftclicks to select a source he won't be able to shift (move execution) in order to create surge (shield).
Or for exemple if leftckicking is blocked then a waterbender that wants to use torrent will be able to leftclick to select the source, then hold shift (move execution) to make the water spin around him and finally release shift to launch the wave in any direction, but not leftclick to launch torrent in a single diretion. (this means that if shifting is blocked then torrent won't even be possible, since a waterbender can't even make the water spin around him).

Selecting a source isn't exaclly bending, it's just like if you noticed that there is water or earth in a certain place, that can possibly be used as a source to your moves. :D
What do you guys think? Nice way to solve it? Or not really? :p
About that i agree.Water benders use more their upper body(left click)and shifting to select a source is not really representing a movement from the show,it is mostly for technical reasons so benders still being able to select sources when their lower body is blocked makes sense.

HydroMan

Verified Member
How about right clicking on a player would cancel out sprinting ability (as if the chiblocker paralysed one leg). And if right clicked in a row on that player (if right clicked after 2 seconds one time, a cooldown would happen) it will cancel the players capability to walk (as to show that the chiblocker has hit both of the legs of the player's in a row).

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How about right clicking on a player would cancel out sprinting ability. And if right clicked in a row on that player (if right clicked after 2 seconds one time, a cooldown would happen) it will cancel the players capability to walk (as to show that the chibender has hit both of the legs of the player's in a row).
You are going to correct that 'chi bender' now before I punch you. :mad:

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
@Finn_Bueno_ you never cease to amaze me. Such creativity, imagination, and basic understandings of coding. Even not has a coder, your explanations were spot on. I understood the codes and stuff, but this change is great.

This is realistic because when Korra fought equalists; the equalists paralyzed her but the paralysis only prevents her from bending not her general movement:

HydroMan

Verified Member
@Finn_Bueno_ you never cease to amaze me. Such creativity, imagination, and basic understandings of coding. Even not has a coder, your explanations were spot on. I understood the codes and stuff, but this change is great.

This is realistic because when Korra fought equalists; the equalists paralyzed her but the paralysis only prevents her from bending not her general movement:
They actually did indeed paralyze her, leaving her felt down to the ground with Mako. Also, If they actually did try to do paralyze of the sake to just blocking her bending but not immobilizing her, it wouldn't then be called PaRaLyZe ,would it? Pay attention to what words you are using ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.