• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Quick question.

DDR

Verified Member
I've been trying to get rid of dynamic/autosourcing with waterbending but I have had no success. Anyone know how I can disable auto/dynamic sourcing? I want the regular one source one move back for my server. Thanks in advance. :)

DDR

Verified Member
Short answer: Impossible.

A bit longer answer: There is no boolean for that (yet?).
I thought so. Thanks for the answer anyways ;p. Do you know when the option to disable autosourcing was removed? It used to be an option I believe.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I thought so. Thanks for the answer anyways ;p. Do you know when the option to disable autosourcing was removed? It used to be an option I believe.
I knew it :eek: I don't think it ever was removed. I would love to tell you where it is but I can't currently look at a config.

Reactions: DDR

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Could you post your config please? I could look through it and find it for you. Be sure to put it in a Spoiler or Code though so it doesn't flood the thread.

DDR

Verified Member
Could you post your config please? I could look through it and find it for you. Be sure to put it in a Spoiler or Code though so it doesn't flood the thread.
I just double checked and I think it might be something to do with the code and not the config. Can't find any options to remove dynamic sourcing or autosourcing in the config :(.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I'd recommend downgrading your PK version a bit if you could, but I'm not sure what version they removed the auto/dynamic sourcing feature.

DDR

Verified Member
I'd recommend downgrading your PK version a bit if you could, but I'm not sure what version they removed the auto/dynamic sourcing feature.
I have tried but it usually results in bending failing all together. Not sure what to do at this point but thank you so much :)

Genoyesi

Verified Member
Huh, I thought they removed this in the latest builds. Damn, I'll need to look into trying to remove that again.
Usually if you're looking for a line of code that's labeled dynamic water-bending or anything relating to that it won't be that easy.

Typically to find it, I believe you'd need to search for anything dealing with sourcing, blocks, and movement related.

:)

Reactions: DDR

DDR

Verified Member
Huh, I thought they removed this in the latest builds. Damn, I'll need to look into trying to remove that again.
Usually if you're looking for a line of code that's labeled dynamic water-bending or anything relating to that it won't be that easy.

Typically to find it, I believe you'd need to search for anything dealing with sourcing, blocks, and movement related.

:)
Trying to remove what?
Thank you :) Yeah I have tried that but all I can find is the .class files with the code in it. Hard to edit, very hard. I just want the regular sourcing back. I don't like how dynamic sourcing interacts with my config. :[ ESPECIALLY autosourcing

Genoyesi

Verified Member
Trying to remove what?
Thank you :) Yeah I have tried that but all I can find is the .class files with the code in it. Hard to edit, very hard. I just want the regular sourcing back. I don't like how dynamic sourcing interacts with my config. :[ ESPECIALLY autosourcing
What the topic is about lol, dynamic sourcing :p

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
same

EDIT: Just submitted a PR to add this config option as we spoke about it the other day in the devs channel, so assuming all goes well and it gets merged, expect this in 1.8.7.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Also active sourcing could use a tweak where it picks water from the CLOSEST radius. While CORE itself doesn't support pro matches, but we still can improvise and build one. It's makes profights cheaty because with active source you may sometimes unintentionally shoot from the opponents's zone, but in reality that should be illegal.

Point is, just tweak it that it picks the source that are closest to the waterbender's source, since it makes sense and adds fair game to probending.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
same

EDIT: Just submitted a PR to add this config option as we spoke about it the other day in the devs channel, so assuming all goes well and it gets merged, expect this in 1.8.7.
Hopefully the same happens for Earth, unless this is just for sourcing in general.