• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Projectile Moves Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

Verified Member
Hello, I run a server with PK Version 1.5.0 BETA 12. The moves that do not work include:
FireBlast: You can click and do the combos with this, but the Blast only goes about two blocks infront of you. This only happening in the overworld. It works normally in the nether and the end. It does do damage to people who are two blocks infront of you, though, it just does not travel far like normal. Charging up this move causes the TNT to blow up in your face, but charging it does- very rarely- work.
FireBurst: Shifting and releasing this move lights the ground on fire, but only in a 3 block radius. Clicking in a direction does the same thing.
AirSwipe: Clicking with this move does nothing. You only see the particles where you stand when you click. It does not go out from you. Charging with this move rarely works.
EarthBlast: When you select a block to bend and click, the block disappears, but does not travel.
EarthLine: As far as I know, this move is supposed to go to the player you aim at, but it only goes about 3 blocks infront of you.

WaterManipulation: When you select water, you can see that you have selected it, but when you click, the water disappears and does not travel.
Icespike: Same as WaterManipulation.
Iceblast: Same as WaterManipulation.
PhaseChange: This one seems to be the oddball. It isn't a projectile move, but it doesn't work. It doesn't freeze or melt anything.

As far as I know, all of these moves work in the nether and end but not in the overworld.

A list of the plugins we run.
SmokeTail
WorldEdit
Installer
ProjeckKorra
VoxelSniper
ChatAlert
Simple-Autosave
Vault
PermissionsEx
Oracle
KillerMoney
Questioner
LWC
Prism
WorldGuard
DynMap
Lottery
LogAll
PersonalMOTD
Announcer
Duties
RealStockMarket
ProtocalLib
Votifier
Stats
MCMMO
GAListener
PwnFilter
Essentials
AncientGates
Citizens
Towny
ServerSigns
EssentialsSpawn
VanishNoPacket
EnjinMinecraftPlugin
AutoRank
ReportRTS
Sentry
Darmok
TownyChat

I hope you can help me. Bending is our main plugin and we've had to download additional moves to make up for the ones that don't work. Thank you.

*ADVERTISING REMOVED. DO NOT PUT THE NAME OF YOUR SERVER IN ANY POST OR SIGNATURE OR YOU MAY BE BANNED*

Last edited:

jedk1

I can add on to this error, It appears to be a bug with player access with World Guard 6.
I can do the moves. My players can't.
I think this might be due to some odd protection of world guard 6 and tnt etc?
There's no crash reports, which is what makes me believe its regional errors.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I can add on to this error, It appears to be a bug with player access with World Guard 6.
I can do the moves. My players can't.
I think this might be due to some odd protection of world guard 6 and tnt etc?
There's no crash reports, which is what makes me believe its regional errors.
I do believe WorldGuard 6 changed up some flags, I had to go through a similar process on my server with updating the global region flags.

Moves that require an explosion type effect (I.E. Combustion, FireBlast, or Lightning) require the flags to be turned on globally that allows them to do so. Other Firebending abilities that actually light things on Fire (Blaze, etc) require the lighter flag. You can run these commands on a global region, otherwise it is assumed that a player doesn't have permission to use these by default:

/region flag __global__ (two Underscores) tnt ALLOW
/region flag __global__ lighter ALLOW
/region flag __global__

OP players can automatically bypass these protections as they have the automatic bypass permissions, these being worldguard.override.lighter OR worldguard.region.bypass.WORLDNAME.

That said, you must apply these flags to all of the worlds you want players to be able to bend in. Every servers global region is the same, so you shouldn't have any problems there.

Please let me know if this fixes it. Thanks.

Edit / Follow Up: Enabling the TNT flag on your global region wont actually let players use TNT to blow up the ground. All of this is manipulated through other flags / the config. You can still prevent players from placing TNT with your config file.

jedk1

I do believe WorldGuard 6 changed up some flags, I had to go through a similar process on my server with updating the global region flags.

Moves that require an explosion type effect (I.E. Combustion, FireBlast, or Lightning) require the flags to be turned on globally that allows them to do so. Other Firebending abilities that actually light things on Fire (Blaze, etc) require the lighter flag. You can run these commands on a global region, otherwise it is assumed that a player doesn't have permission to use these by default:

/region flag __global__

OP players can automatically bypass these protections as they have the automatic bypass permissions, these being worldguard.override.lighter OR worldguard.region.bypass.WORLDNAME.

That said, you must apply these flags to all of the worlds you want players to be able to bend in. Every servers global region is the same, so you shouldn't have any problems there.

Edit / Follow Up: Enabling the TNT flag on your global region wont actually let players use TNT to blow up the ground. All of this is manipulated through other flags / the config. You can still prevent players from placing TNT with your config file.
hmm okay i dont know what ive done, but no harmful fire moves work for me, so i have no idea whats happening there. (I even tested it on a new server with only project korra beta 11 on), do you want me to make a separate thread for this?

EDIT: On the plus side the world guard flags do allow for it to work. (for the brief second particles appear on combustion)

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
hmm okay i dont know what ive done, but no harmful fire moves work for me, so i have no idea whats happening there. (I even tested it on a new server with only project korra beta 11 on), do you want me to make a separate thread for this?

EDIT: On the plus side the world guard flags do allow for it to work. (for the brief second particles appear on combustion)
You may have an issue with the other-explosions flag too. Try turning that one on. As far as any other issues, create a new thread.

Helios

Verified Member
Thank you for all of your help. I was not aware that WorldGuard protects the entire world aside from places that you have manually WorldGuarded. I will try to apply the fixes that MistPhizzle suggested later tonight. I will get back to you guys as to whether this works or not.

I appreciate the help this far, do expect an update later tonight. Thank you.

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
Hi everyone, I am one of 2 Owners of said server. Helios is a staff member of my server. I really appreciate you putting this up here, Helios. Now, to the important stuff. MistPhizzle, you said OP players auto-bypass these WorldGuard Protections, meaning that these moves should work for me. As far as I know, these moves haven't worked for me even when I was OP.

Last edited:

Phorcys77

Verified Member
Hello, I am staff of said server and I need to correct Helios on something. Only SOME functions of Phase change work. With it, you can evaporate water and melt ice, but it does not freeze water. And I usually handle the world guarding and I will enable the flags MistPhizzle said, but if that doesn't work, I will have to re-install an earlier version of WorldGuard.

Last edited:

Helios

Verified Member

/region flag __global__

This did not work, sadly enough, meaning the commands using flags. I have yet to try the permission nodes. Though, I think you are on to something, because this problem persists no matter what PK version I change to.

Follow Up: The permissions did not work either.

Last edited:

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
I have not tested this on the most recent beta, but on our server those same moves would break when Citizens was installed on the server. It was seemingly random, but after one update (Can't remember which) all those moves stopped correctly functioning until we removed the Citizens plugin (We had a dev build of citizens because of the need for 1.7.10 compatibility, but this bug existed on all versions regardless of dev status).

I'll hop on my server and toss in Citizens as well as update PK, and let you know if it happens to us again.

Helios

Verified Member
I removed Citizens and everything works. Well almost everything... Fires moves don't work. I expected this because of the World Guard thing that Mist posted. I applied these changes, but they still didn't work. I even Opped myself and they still didn't work. Please help me...

EDIT: Nevermind. It just took a bit of time for the fixes to apply them.

2ND EDIT: Again, nevermind. It is on and off. The moves work only half the time. WHats the problem?

Yet another EDIT: They only work at night. -_-

Last edited:

Phorcys77

Verified Member
Ya. but other than fire only working at night, all the moves that were broken before now work :D! Thanks FearlessFrost for pointing this out. I was tired of telling our players that bending was broken so thanks!

Helios

Verified Member
Ya. but other than fire only working at night, all the moves that were broken before now work :D! Thanks FearlessFrost for pointing this out. I was tired of telling our players that bending was broken so thanks!
Besides fire at least. I got a dev of Project Korra (jacklin213) to come check it out. He said that this was happening on his server too, and that I discovered this bug. He seemed to think it was a bug, not a problem with plugins and PK. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
If you could give Firebending a spin with BETA 12 and report back here that would be wonderful.

Also, are there any errors when you use Citizens. We don't have official plugin support, but if we see an error we could likely add it.

Helios

Verified Member
If you could give Firebending a spin with BETA 12 and report back here that would be wonderful.

Also, are there any errors when you use Citizens. We don't have official plugin support, but if we see an error we could likely add it.
Sure thing, I'll try this tonight. As for the citizens thing, It was installed when jacklin213 was looking in console, but he didn't say anything about errors coming from citizens, but I'll ask him about it.

Last edited:

Helios

Verified Member
Welp, when I click "Get the lates Dev Build", it gets BETA 11. Could someone help me get BETA 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.