• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Potion Bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
So I was just looking at a post and someone mentioned water needing to be more diverse in minecraft because a lot of stuff is water based.

So my (not really) idea is bending potions!!!! So when you are holding the potion in the Watermanipulation slot and you click it will be shot and if it hits the target will get the respective effects. The particles will be of the color of the bottle and look like how waterball is now, if you don't know what that is look it up. And you will be able to redirect it about as much as torrent and will have the same range of Watermanipulation.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You really need to learn how to use search box. There is one thread with the same title and concept already in.

After this plugin gets support and is utilized by 1.9 version of minecraft, you can hold a specific potion in a off hand, which thus holding a certain potion in the off-hand slot would take priority of that potion, selecting it as a source for the waterbender, giving another method to toggle-on potionbending when dual wielding. Otherwise, if there isn't any potion held in the offhand but the inventory is filled with loads of them, a random type of potion would be selected as a source. If there is at least one waterbottles, with or without a potion bottle, in the players, the plugin will always prioritize it as the first source for waterbending (unless a potion occupes the off-hand slot, that potion will be prioritized; if waterbottle is there instead, that specific bottle will be sourced).

^ Half of this system is pretty alike or same on how priotizing different types of arrows works when duel weilding is active.

PotionBending should be bendable with other moves too, not just watermanipulation. this includes torrent, surge, waterarms, waterwave, octopusform. Executing an ability through the potions, instead of blocks - particles with respective color are bended into that various shaped construct for the ability. E.g. Surge creates a wave (honestly, looks more of a wall to me) formed out of particles, keeping the same shape of size of the watery one. Like you said, when the liquid gets a physical contact on a player/mob, on normal circumstances he/she/it will be inflicted with a status affect that origanes from that bended potion.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but non-throwable potion cant be armed in the left armer, so it would be fair to keep only splash and lingering potions bendable for waterbenders. It also makes sense why it would be un-effective to bent them against someone in a fight, since you can't force or influence opponets to open their mouth willingly to drink the potion.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Um why do I have to search through threads and bring one back? It's the same thing, so get over your self and stop saying it to everyone you are cluttering posts by doing that.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Um why do I have to search through threads and bring one back? It's the same thing, so get over your self and stop saying it to everyone you are cluttering posts by doing that.
But why do you want tp spam a thread that you know is already there posted by someone else? Doing so won't make the idea from them thread appear any faster, so be patient. Devs have a life, and they will create your favorite posted ideas to life eventually. It doesn't take them in one day or so, and even if he did, they might find it that's isn't time for that specific to be release, as there are more important that need to be done before moving to that other kind of stuff. Also, mosts threads get denied and locked by the staff members that share same vague idea, so adding to that again that you necessary have to make the same idea over again :p Now that you know how the developments works, you understand now that there's no point in doing that. You too are cluttering the forum in its section by making unaccesary thread that already are covered. I know that you can't find out or know every thread out there, but at least try to search it with the same title so it doesn't get repeative. Read this rule guideline, including the 3rd rule:

http://projectkorra.com/threads/how-to-make-a-suggestion.545/

Last edited:

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Because it keeps the forums more organized. We rather you use one thread for one suggestion than two threads for one suggestion. That clutters our threads and some of the suggestions have already been denied or they're in progress. You'd never know that though because you didn't use the search button.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, always check if the same thread already exists before posting your with the help of a search engine that is in here. Use a keyword that relates with the written idea or if the post includes that word which is associated with. First off by looking for the tittle of your thread (which you exclusively can find by checking "Search titles only" tickbox) that uses the same one and then search for the word from that post. Note, be sure to click the "Search" button at least 5 times, because sometimes the engine doesn't load all the available found results properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.