• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Plans for Future Bending RP Server: Any tips&tricks?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As you probably can tell by the title of this thread, but If not - I'm planning to create a public bending server with RP aspect in it to engage people to play in ATLA/TLOK universe with canonical historic events (Unalaq crisis, Air nomad genocide, Amon's equalization movement, bender "reborn" from an iceberg, ect.)

It would be helpful and probably for your own benefit, because I need some tips, suggestions, wants or ideas on what I can add to it beforehand setting-up a plan on basically... "What you think a or any bending servers needs, that are already covered up and/or that isn't yet seen before". Bad at wording this out, but I think you got the idea, so.... any help would be appreciated for brainstorming.

NickC1211

Verified Member
As you probably can tell by the title of this thread, but If not - I'm planning to create a public bending server with RP aspect in it to engage people to play in ATLA/TLOK universe with canonical historic events (Unalaq crisis, Air nomad genocide, Amon's equalization movement, bender "reborn" from an iceberg, ect.)

It would be helpful and probably for your own benefit, because I need some tips, suggestions, wants or ideas on what I can add to it beforehand setting-up a plan on basically... "What you think a or any bending servers needs, that are already covered up and/or that isn't yet seen before". Bad at wording this out, but I think you got the idea, so.... any help would be appreciated for brainstorming.
Firstly do you want it to be like the peaceful era after the legend of Korra or do you want to start with the 100 year war (fire nation trying to take over)?

Suggestions:
-quests
-make an avatar lottery thing so that there's only one at a time
- resource pack

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Firstly do you want it to be like the peaceful era after the legend of Korra or do you want to start with the 100 year war (fire nation trying to take over)?

Suggestions:
-quests
-make an avatar lottery thing so that there's only one at a time
- resource pack
I might split those two eras into both servers or worlds.

- I'll look into that.
- Checked!
- Sure, If I manage to find one or ask someone who will be willing to create one. (Oh, I forgot there is an official one rn).

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
Give the player that is the avatar a reason to act like the avatar, instead of abusing their powers. In fact, give everyone a reason besides 'It's an RP server' to act like a character from the universe. For example, killing players could get you into trouble, etc. Maybe something like a Court plugin. If nobody sees it and nobody finds out, nothing happens, but if somebody finds out someone was killed and reports it, there are consequences etc. It would add a bit of risk to travelling through and to the land of nowhere, but it would make crowded cities safer places.

A problem that could arise is that there aren't enough players online to see anything at all. You could add NPCs around certain locations that could count as witnesses too. I hope I got my general point across.

Most RP servers fail because there are no consequences to acting out of character. Killing and stealing and griefing is all just possible, while in the avatar universe, it could have severe consequences.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
*Reserved for a list*
- Add Quest.
- One avatar per time through a cycle.
- Install/Create Resource Pack.
- Punishment system; Court room.
- NPC witnessess
- Consequences
- Greater HP.
- Bending could deal more damage.

Last edited:

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
*Reserved for a list*
- Add Quest.
- One avatar per time through a cycle.
- Install/Create Resource Pack.
- Punishment system; Court room.
- NPC witnessess
- Consequences
Adding onto everything I previously said, it is insanely easy to die in Minecraft.

Keeping that in mind, you could make it 'harder' to die, by adding a bigger set of health points. Also for example fire damage or fall damage wouldn't just decrease your HP, but it could wound you, and those wounds would give you certain disabilities until they're treated, or simply take HP points away after all. That's something to work on after other priorities have been finished though, IMO.

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
Fire could maybe wear off someone leather clothing. Perhaps rare lightbenders could deal insta kill?
Perhaps, these things are things you should discuss with a server team (not random friends, but invite/add people who actually know what they're talking about).

In return for a lightning insta kill, it should be harder to cast, also with a higher risk for the user for example.

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
That's the reason I posted on this and not any other random forum.
When I say 'people who know what they're talking about', I'm talking about people who have experience with making and/or designing games. People who study game design or something related to story writing and development or something.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm gonna look for ATLA map and populate it with people, create residential and marketing places, fill them up with activities to-do, ect. I just don't want to download it for looks and aesthetic attraction only.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I'm gonna look for ATLA map and populate it with people, create residential and marketing places, fill them up with activities to-do, ect. I just don't want to download it for looks and aesthetic attraction only.
Are there even downloads out there? I know there are some but most are incomplete.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You could use a races/classes plugin to add a Spirits element to the server. And have the normal, ATLA world be either the default Minecraft generation or the ATLA map, but then use a plugin generator to get a unique world for the Spirit world. Get a portal plugin and make North/South pole portals. I dont know if it's possible but, if you use the auto-element-selector, have their place of spawn somewhere within their respective nation. For example, if you're born a Firebender then you will spawn somewhere in the Fire nation, same goes for earth/earth kingdom. And if y The you're born an airbender than the temple you spawn at is random, same for water/water tribes.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I know of a way you could do this actually. Have the original spawn point for any new player inside this "cosmos" build. You spawn here and it's all black and you can see stars and colors. And then you can click a sign/hologram that chooses your element and spawns you to a random location within their nation.

If you click the Choose Air sign/hologram then it sets your element, your rank, and you have a 25% chance to teleport to any of the 4 temples

Fire, you click the sign and it does all the above except you have a percentage chance of spawning in different fire nation villages. Same for earth.

For water, it does all of the above but you have a 40%/45% (debatable) chance of spawning in North/South poles and a 20%/10% (debatable) chance of Of spawning in the swamp.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Are you gonna make a server or pay for one
Pay.
You could use a races/classes plugin to add a Spirits element to the server. And have the normal, ATLA world be either the default Minecraft generation or the ATLA map, but then use a plugin generator to get a unique world for the Spirit world. Get a portal plugin and make North/South pole portals. I dont know if it's possible but, if you use the auto-element-selector, have their place of spawn somewhere within their respective nation. For example, if you're born a Firebender then you will spawn somewhere in the Fire nation, same goes for earth/earth kingdom. And if y The you're born an airbender than the temple you spawn at is random, same for water/water tribes.
Yes, the first I had in mind: location spawning after choosing the element.
I know of a way you could do this actually. Have the original spawn point for any new player inside this "cosmos" build. You spawn here and it's all black and you can see stars and colors. And then you can click a sign/hologram that chooses your element and spawns you to a random location within their nation.

If you click the Choose Air sign/hologram then it sets your element, your rank, and you have a 25% chance to teleport to any of the 4 temples

Fire, you click the sign and it does all the above except you have a percentage chance of spawning in different fire nation villages. Same for earth.

For water, it does all of the above but you have a 40%/45% (debatable) chance of spawning in North/South poles and a 20%/10% (debatable) chance of Of spawning in the swamp.

As for water, I would have 50/50 to South/North. If they don't like it, they can simply migrate to the swamp or reasonably in any nation outside their boarders.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Why wouldn't you want them to be born in the swamp?
I don't they would like it their. The Atmosphere is just bland. Probably most would prefer to live in snowy areas and what not. And for RP sense: I don't think there were people who were simple "born" in there.