• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Permission error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zDrakon

Verified Member
Version of ProjectKorraCore: 1.7.0
Version of ProkectKorraRPG: 1.0.1

Permissions file: http://hastebin.com/ajotelapeg.avrasm

A player of mine can't use water arms... it gives the red error message he does not have permission to bind WaterArms. He is a waterbender, actually he is all elements. He has all the permissions...

Also the same thing with bloodbending. I enabled it and players have the permission bending.ability.bloodbending yet still can't bind it? Please fix =)?

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Has your server restarted or reloaded or did you do /pex reload or /manuload since you added these permissions. If you haven't you might want to so every group has them that inherits the group you put the original permissions in.

zDrakon

Verified Member
no I want only users to have to buy them from the spawn shop. I did do /pex reload and /reload. I tried server restart didnt work..

I want these perms to be user specific so only people who buy it from the spawn shop can have these abiltiies.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
What is the command you are adding to them?
Also what plugin are you using?

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Permissions Ex & Server signs */pex user <name> add bending.ability.waterarms
Are you sure it is adding the permission? Also there are multiple forms of water arms so if you want them to have it make it
Code:
*/pex user <name> add bending.ability.waterarms.*

or individually:

*/pex user <name> add bending.ability.waterarms.pull
*/pex user <name> add bending.ability.waterarms.grapple
*/pex user <name> add bending.ability.waterarms.punch
etc etc

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
There is an easier way to set this up:
This is assuming there is 1 default rank and your server signs just choose their bending.

Give your default rank all of these permissions instead of the player. Don't have the server signs do all of these commands it doesn't need to do. Just give your default rank all of the abilities you want/don't want. Then have a sign choose their bending. That simple.

Hope this helps!

~Union

zDrakon

Verified Member
No at spawn there is a shop that they can earn money through the jobs plugin. They buy abilities, not just get them. I want them to buy it. @Jackson I gave them the 2nd option, individually adding each method since thats what it said on the guide. Same with bloodbending as bending.ability.BloodBending and lowercase too...

NONE WORK

I fell asleep sorry but I have replied.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
First of all, you have added "bending.ability.waterams.spear" as a permission.
Second, do they actually have the element? Not just the permissions for it.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Have you actually given them the individual permissions for each type of arm though? WaterArms won't work if they aren't allowed to use any of them...

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Also, one other thing. Looking at your permissions you sent, you basically gave them all abilities so just give them
Code:
bending.ability.*

Status
Not open for further replies.