• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Octopusform little change

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I suggest not letting octopusform go through ice.

It doesnt make any sense why octopusform should go through it.
Octopusform is supposed to be a defensive move and not a move which brings you down to half your life in seconds.
So please stop this trapping stuff by not letting octopusform go through ice.

Thats all for this thread, thanks.

HydroMan

Verified Member
It kinda does make sense in a way that the legs tap into the ice's water and bends it from inside. If you have other valid reasons why they shouldn't do it....

IceEyes

Verified Member
It kinda does make sense in a way that the legs tap into the ice's water and bends it from inside. If you have other valid reasons why they shouldn't do it....
How does the leg tap into the ice?
And yes, again octopusform is defense and shouldn't make you lose half your live in just few seconds.

HydroMan

Verified Member
How does the leg tap into the ice?
And yes, again octopusform is defense and shouldn't make you lose half your live in just few seconds.
The octopus tentacle, touches the ice, which taps along with the ices liquid and connects the water into a longer tentacle which attacks you from the inside of the ice. Octousform isn't defense, since it deals damage. What about suffocate? I don't see you complaining about it since it is the same thing.

IceEyes

Verified Member
It still is defense...
Anyways, I do not like suffocate either. But to perform suffocate seems harder to me, and you have to be rather uncareful to be suffocated...
Its not hard to trap someone in ice (as a waterbender myself, i think i should know quiet well). And you're reply with how it dranes the water is very fantasyfull (i am not saying it's not logical, just not.. Idk how to say it lel)

Hero

Verified Member
It still is defense...
Anyways, I do not like suffocate either. But to perform suffocate seems harder to me, and you have to be rather uncareful to be suffocated...
Its not hard to trap someone in ice (as a waterbender myself, i think i should know quiet well). And you're reply with how it dranes the water is very fantasyfull (i am not saying it's not logical, just not.. Idk how to say it lel)
Let me teach you something about water. The only moves that are considered purely defensive is HealingWaters and Surge Shield. Water is unquie because almost all of its moves have a defensive/offensive feel. So OctopusForm is defensive and offensive.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Let me teach you something about water. The only moves that are considered purely defensive is HealingWaters and Surge Shield. Water is unquie because almost all of its moves have a defensive/offensive feel. So OctopusForm is defensive and offensive.
In my opinion octopusform is more defense, but I guess thats something everyone can answer this question for itself.
Octopusform is unfair like it is now and provides people doing routinal (is this a word xD?) fighting, it's like spamming manip, but except shift and click, its freeze and click.

HydroMan

Verified Member
It still is defense...
If you're trap in a ice, that's your fault. If you're waterbender or(/and) firebenders, you can escape the ice. If you're earth(lava)bender you can lavaflow so they can reach you with the octy. Airbenders can dodge ice fairly easy.

Matt

Verified Member
  • Water can phase into ice and i'm pretty sure this has been displayed in the show. Most of the ice generation moves are quite easy to dodge and break out of, if we removed this we would be removing water's capability to survive on land and take removing some logic from the game.
(Excited to see some others opinions on this)

-Matt <3

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Dont teach if you dont know the shit yourself. Thank you.

HydroMan

Verified Member
But look at this way. You froze the person succesflly. Now you have advantage to attack the person with octopusform while he/she is it.
Why are you in the ice?. Cuz you sucked at dodging that person freeze, so it's your fault.

IceEyes

Verified Member
But look at this way. You froze the person succesflly. Now you have advantage to attack the person with octopusform while he/she is it.
Why are you in the ice?. Cuz you sucked at dodging that person freeze, so it's your fault.
Its still cheap... and annoying. -> Not what water is at all.

orfeas

Verified Member
ummm when i do that to a non-fire/waterbender,before the third strike they somehow get launched off the ice by the octopusform or manage to escape +keep in mind that octopus form is really slow to form and by that time you can manage to break the ice.

promancer

Verified Member
Its still cheap... and annoying. -> Not what water is at all.
Heat control, phasechange, airshield or just breaking out of the ice, all ways to avoid it. Back on task, this is about octopusform, not torrent.
Now, octopusform can be stretched by ice, or slice through it (changing water pressure) or just melting the ice. There are many 'cheap' things in ATLA and TLOK. Katara could've easily killed anyone, hell, she could just leave them for hypothermia. You forget the avatar team didn't kill people to show an example, not because it was cheap. There ISNT any form of bending that's cheap in Tlok or tla. If an earthbender wanted to trap you with earthgloves then plunge you into lava a referee isn't going to come over and give him a penalty.
Get. Over. It.

Just because you don't like the way someone bends doesn't mean it needs to be removed. Logic, reasoning, and use of it.
Btw, Katara trapped people many times. Hama invented bloodbending, which can literally break every bone in your body. Every element can be cheap.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Heat control, phasechange, airshield or just breaking out of the ice, all ways to avoid it. Back on task, this is about octopusform, not torrent.
Now, octopusform can be stretched by ice, or slice through it (changing water pressure) or just melting the ice. There are many 'cheap' things in ATLA and TLOK. Katara could've easily killed anyone, hell, she could just leave them for hypothermia. You forget the avatar team didn't kill people to show an example, not because it was cheap. There ISNT any form of bending that's cheap in Tlok or tla. If an earthbender wanted to trap you with earthgloves then plunge you into lava a referee isn't going to come over and give him a penalty.
Get. Over. It.

Just because you don't like the way someone bends doesn't mean it needs to be removed. Logic, reasoning, and use of it.
Btw, Katara trapped people many times. Hama invented bloodbending, which can literally break every bone in your body. Every element can be cheap.
I accept what you say, but that won't change my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.