• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied OctopusForm addon

Status
Not open for further replies.

orfeas

Verified Member
OctopusForm as it is today is almost useless since it is for really close combat and all the elements(except chi) have projectiles that hurt you.You move super slow so you can not go near them after forming it.So that is why i suggest this addon that is inspired by this scene in atla:
m4a0g.gif
If a waterbender right clicks at the ground and then left clicks while having octopus form around him(and shifting of course )one of the tentacles in front of him will extend in the direction he is looking.2015-05-28_17.17.51.png
If the tentacle does not touch an entitle it will form back to normal.If it touches an entity it will grab the entity and raise up to the air with it.2015-05-28_17.21.37.png
If it grabs a bender,the bender will not be able to bend while being grabbed.If the waterbender presses left click the arm will launch the entity 5 blocks in the direction he was looking.Then the tentacle will go back to normal.If the waterbender does not throw the entity with in 7 seconds the tentacle will go back to normal and the entity will be free!

I think that this will make octopus for more used and more useful.Also this is not op because all benders can avoid fall damage(water surge below you,fire jet,earth and air would take no damage.)

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I like the idea but I think them not being able to bend doesn't make sense. They shouldn't be able to do things like fast swim, fire ier and air spout, but I wouldn't say no to all bending.

I'm a little confused as to why the player gets raised in the air? Would it make more sense to pull the player towards you, which you can then damage them with your tentacles?

HydroMan

Verified Member
@orfeas, right-clicks only reacts when you point on a entity or block(and if pkace it), so right clicking in air wont do anything (or the tenctacle by tha means). Tho the tenticale could extend and then shortly retract back if you clicked on the block (i give u an improvised idea). It will make just for the looks :)

Edit: I like your evolved octopusform idea, so i support it

orfeas

Verified Member
I like the idea but I think them not being able to bend doesn't make sense. They shouldn't be able to do things like fast swim, fire ier and air spout, but I wouldn't say no to all bending.

I'm a little confused as to why the player gets raised in the air? Would it make more sense to pull the player towards you, which you can then damage them with your tentacles?
It might get really annoying and op really fast.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
People shouldn't compare octopusform with waterarms, hell octopusform was a thing long before waterarms was even created! I think this is original and balanced, especially considering how useless octopus form is.

orfeas

Verified Member
I edited the post.Since pk can not use right cliks on the air i made it so it is kinda like a really small combo.

Last edited:

orfeas

Verified Member
People shouldn't compare octopusform with waterarms, hell octopusform was a thing long before waterarms was even created!
Exactly.In the series we see octopus form long before waterarms(first used by kattara).Probably wateramrs in the series were inspired by octopus from.It is like having 2 tentacles on your hands.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Exactly.In the series we see octopus form long before waterarms(first used by kattara).Probably wateramrs in the series were inspired by octopus from.It is like having 2 tentacles on your hands.
I'm really sure waterarms was the first she used before octopusform (unless im missing something) and i consider watercloak as waterarms just to know.

g221

Verified Member
im not comparing it to water arms im just saying mabye we could use the code in water arms to make it easier to make

orfeas

Verified Member
I'm really sure waterarms was the first she used before octopusform (unless im missing something) and i consider watercloak as waterarms just to know.
We see katara use octopus form from the second season.We see waterams in the 3d season.Oh but what move is waterclocak

HydroMan

Verified Member
We see katara use octopus form from the second season.We see waterams in the 3d season.Oh but what move is waterclocak
By PK, we would consider watercloak (which was shown at the last episode book 2 BEFORE octopusform was shown in the same episode) as waterarms, as they have similar offensive style.

orfeas

Verified Member
By PK, we would consider watercloak (which was shown at the last episode book 2 BEFORE octopusform was shown in the same episode) as waterarms, as they have similar offensive style.
Oh yeah but still i do not mean to copy waterams addon move

HydroMan

Verified Member
Proof....

[01:41] Watercloak, a.k.a waterarm; and [03:05] OctopusForm;

Status
Not open for further replies.