• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied ObjectBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenket

Verified Member
Try not to take it personally that people are calling this idea bad. Unfortunately for you, the point of the suggestions thread is to make a suggestion, then get feedback to see whether or not the staff will accept it. That means any kind of feedback. It keeps unnecessary or bad ideas from being implemented.
For example, this isn't that great of an idea, because we already have a move that sort of does this, and airbending someone around is hardly like telekinesis at all. They let you know that your move was bad, and you sort of started a fight with them, which isn't going to get this thread anywhere.
They have been rude about their feedback, but they're right. This is not a good idea.
No man don't be like that, it was getting fuuuun. I was going talk about his mum and imply he was 12. ...

I guess the funs over. Need to find another sensitive flower and make them cry over something stupid.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Airbenders, as we know them, don't have any special mental technique. There are some benders that have them, like Combustion and Bloodbenders (Amon and Yakone). If you think it properly, in all History, since the Era of Raava, there were only two Airbenders capable of Flight (Guru Laghima and Zaheer). If it was extremely difficult to make themselves fly, harder would be to make other fly without any kind of wind. As said before, you can use AirStream to lift players, although only for a short amount of time and they are still capable of bend the Elements. You imagined this applied on players that are your friends. Imagine it on foes. You would just lift any player and then launch them to their death, even if they can bend to soft the fall.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Read my signature
Well thought :eek: :D
The Avatar can never let go of their earthly tether. They are bound to the earth, and humanity, as keeping balance on earth is their duty. Pretty sure Avatar Yangchen tells Aang this at some point.
While what the Guru was talking to him about was certainly similar, I don't think mastering Chakras and getting rid of your earthly tethers are exactly the same. Bryke probably hadn't even thought of the Laghigma lore yet at this point.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The Avatar can never let go of their earthly tether. They are bound to the earth, and humanity, as keeping balance on earth is their duty. Pretty sure Avatar Yangchen tells Aang this at some point.
While what the Guru was talking to him about was certainly similar, I don't think mastering Chakras and getting rid of your earthly tethers are exactly the same. Bryke probably hadn't even thought of the Laghigma lore yet at this point.
They can still help humanity, but they can't have loved ones. Zaheer had friends too, but he was still able to fly.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
They can still help humanity, but they can't have loved ones. Zaheer had friends too, but he was still able to fly.
I never said you couldn't have friends. You seem to misunderstand what I'm talking about. I'm saying, that the Avatar's bond to the earth as a connection is too much of an earthly tether to allow them to transcend that kind of way. Zaheer may have had a goal of improving the world for what he believed might have been best for humanity in general, but he no longer had any real strong connection to it. The Avatar's bond is strong.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Avatar state basically comes with a free package of flight in the end. Airbending so strong that even Zaheer couldn't escape Korra when she chased him. Levitating is great and all, but it doesn't matter if you're anchored down by chains. Besides, we all know Zaheer is a little bit of a nut. He basically had airspout vs a non bender on a MC server. Could have just floated out of reach and come back when he felt like it... But naw.

Status
Not open for further replies.