• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Non-bender

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This could be a bit difficult to understand. We've seen plenty of great non-benders in ATLA and TLOK. (Sokka, Sukki, etc.) They were all trained and had very good skills. So this is my idea: Maybe we could add stuff/groups like the Kyoshi warriors or the Water tribe warriors. You could type /b ch Kyoshi(K) or /b ch WaterWarriors(WW). You would be able to use certain items others don't have access too. ( a boomerang or a fan for example) Kyoshi warriors would be able to wear their armor. So ehre are the groups and stuff I thought about:

- Kyoshi warriors (KW)
- Water tribe warriors (WW)
- Sword fighters(SF)
- Hunters(H)

Kyoshi warriors:

Video(s):

The Kyoshi are a bit like the hunters but they are different! They have different weapons and skills. (More about skills later) They get access to katanas, fans, shields and their armor.

Water tribe warriors:

These bad ass warriors get access to the following:3 :

- Boomerang:
An iron or diamond hoe (Best looking thing :p ) You can use it by right-clicking. The item will be thrown and will get back to you, just like a normal boomerang. The damage is configurable. Recipe:
Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 22.35.36.png

- Club:
An iron or diamond axe. You get Strength I while holding it in your hand. If you run while holding this in your hand, you'll stack the damage. The longer you run, the more damage you'll deal. The damage and stack time is configurable. Recipe:
Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 22.34.26.png

- Armor:
The armor is just blue and grey dyed leather clothes with protection and durability (I/II/III... I don't know yet). Recipes:
Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 22.30.58.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 22.32.26.png

- Wolf cry:
This is an ability. It allows you to tame dogs for a configurable amount of seconds or minutes. You can do this by holding shift while looking at a dog. You'll hear a dog sounds and a XP sound and then you tamed the dog! It'll follow you around and help you attacking mobs and players. When the time is over the dog will stop following you and won't be tamed anymore. This ability has a long cool down but can be used 2 times in a row.

Sword fighters:

Video(s)
NO VIDEO(S) YET

As the name says, they get access to special swords. No special armor they can still wear what they want:3. Swords they get access too could be meteor sword, spirit sword(very random), etc etc

Hunters:

Video(s):
NO VIDEO(S) YET

This group get access to all the assassin and ninja related weapons and skills. For example, fire arrows, poison arrows and throwing knives. They would get a speed and jump boost as well.

All the items I was talking about(katanas, clubs, etc) can be found here.
Tell me if you have an idea for another group!! I just came up with the idea and I have to think a bit more about it. But anyway tnx for reading this! tell me if you ahem some tips!!

Last edited:

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I don't understand why not being in a sword group would stop you from using swords, or any of the other items. Azula wasn't a Kyoshi warrior, but she had no problem wearing the armor/fan..

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You know, a PvP arena where you don't have any items..
This is for RPG. Not for arenas:p
I don't understand why not being in a sword group would stop you from using swords, or any of the other items. Azula wasn't a Kyoshi warrior, but she had no problem wearing the armor/fan..
That's true but you've probably seen games where you can't use, for example, a wooden shield or something(GW2) The sword group would give you access to special swords and special sword fighting skills. The same goes for the other groups. It's just to give non-benders some more abilitys and some more power.;)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Because of the good reactions, I'll expand the thread to tell stuff with some more detail. Could take a while.

Silentnate347

Verified Member
I can tell this idea is going to be either implemented or changed a bit. Either way none of us will accept it not being implemented. Its just too good. I also have some suggestions.

/b KI (/bending KyoshiIsland)

Sends you to a admin set Kyoshi Island.

/b SKI (/Bending SetKyoshiIsland)

Sets the KyoshiIsland warp.

And my final suggestion. Make it so you can change the armor/item id's for other servers that want to change it. Also add the damage each does!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Tnx for your great reaction. :D I'm going to edit my explanation and make it more detailed. But /b KI could just be done using a simple warp plugin.

Silentnate347

Verified Member
Tnx for your great reaction. :D I'm going to edit my explanation and make it more detailed. But /b KI could just be done using a simple warp plugin.
True but it makes it more true to the rp? I don't know i just see it easier for server owners to just have 1 plugin. Then again most have essentials. You're coming from a great debatable point. But yes that could be done.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
True but it makes it more true to the rp? I don't know i just see it easier for server owners to just have 1 plugin. Then again most have essentials. You're coming from a great debatable point. But yes that could be done.
Using more plugins allows you to create more features. Why would the PK coders create something that already exists?:/

Silentnate347

Verified Member
Well, there are many reasons. They could want more people to rely on PK than other plugins (But they don't. They're nice) I was just saying it would be a nice feature. Not saying its needed though :p

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
srry for the nooby videos. My Imovie keeps crashing so I couldn't edit the videos. :/
I hope this videos give some better and more detailed information about the Kyoshi warriors. :)

owlcool

Verified Member
I like this. Perhaps it could have special properties within the weapons like how the grappling hook is.