• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Water Passive

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Basically when a water bender is standing on ice and snow, moves that would usually do knock back will not. For example if a water bender is standing on ice and gets hit with an earth smash they won't get knocked back as far as they usually would.

Canon:

This was inspired by the thread: http://projectkorra.com/threads/ice-boots.4240/

Tell me what you think and maybe we can have a similar thing for earth.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Basically when a water bender is standing on ice and snow, moves that would usually do knock back will not. For example if a water bender is standing on ice and gets hit with an earth smash they won't get knocked back as far as they usually would.

Canon:

This was inspired by the thread: http://projectkorra.com/threads/ice-boots.4240/

Tell me what you think and maybe we can have a similar thing for earth.
Lol, I was about to edit my post with that having a similar extention: the feet should be encapsulated in an ice block, rather the user standing on it. Like how you freeze by a waterbender, with the ice block "suffocating" the feet.

Standing on block isn't realistic and unnlogical. Rather, the waterbender feet should be in ice block. I think sneaking with Ice Booth should be trigger (it should also stop the users momentum/inertia when he skates with them).

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
Lol, I was about to edit my post with that having a similar extention: the feet should be encapsulated in an ice block, rather the user standing on it. Like how you freeze by a waterbender, with the ice block "suffocating" the feet.

Standing on block isn't realistic and unnlogical. Rather, the waterbender feet should be in ice block. I think sneaking with Ice Booth should be trigger (it should also stop the users momentum/inertia when he skates with them).
I like the idea of an ice block on the feet and having to activate it. Do you think it should be apart of phase change or some other ice move?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I like the idea of an ice block on the feet and having to activate it. Do you think it should be apart of phase change or some other ice move?
I feel like it should be a passive, like sneaking twice quickly to freeze the feet, and while frozen, you can't move while unfrozen. Now, if it is to create a new ability on this, I don't see why it couldn't also be used to trap other entities, just like EarthGrab

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It's too specific for a passive, so I find it translating wouldn't work well. Swiftswim is iconic and Hydrosink is an actual passive, because you don't have to do anything to activate it. Another issue - overabuse.

I'd say it would make a lot of more sense to add it as an extention (tweak) to IceSpike. In particular: left click an ice/snow block you're standing on.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

NickC1211

Verified Member
It's too specific for a passive, so I find it translating wouldn't work well. Swiftswim is iconic and Hydrosink is an actual passive, because you don't have to do anything to activate it. Another issue - overabuse.

I'd say it would make a lot of more sense to add it as an extention (tweak) to IceSpike. In particular: left click an ice/snow block you're standing on.

Yea I was thinking about that but there's no like ice manipulation move and ice spike doesn't seem like the move it goes with.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Ice manipulation? Elaborate

I just meant that there's no broad ice move like water manipulation for ice so it'd be hard to lump it with ice spike because they aren't very similar. Maybe phase change tho idk

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Icespike is the closest thing that resembles the animation. Spearing your balls/crouch with it, as the user, isn't.... what's the word? Normal-thing-to-do. Phasechange wouldn't work out well at snow. How about doing a combo of both?

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Why should this be a passive? I don't really think that you should be able to charge a torrent and also not get knocked back. This ability seems likes one of those abilities in which the bender has to be aware of the scenario, so I don't see why X Waterbender can be looking completely in a different direction, doing some random task, and god forbid they get airblasted, all the sudden, this ice just comes out of no where and stops some of the knockback.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Why should this be a passive? I don't really think that you should be able to charge a torrent and also not get knocked back. This ability seems likes one of those abilities in which the bender has to be aware of the scenario, so I don't see why X Waterbender can be looking completely in a different direction, doing some random task, and god forbid they get airblasted, all the sudden, this ice just comes out of no where and stops some of the knockback.
Agree. It would be more fittingly to earthbending, as that bending art emphasis "being rooted to ground; unmovable; stubborn".

However, in no way I'm suggesting that should be implanted to earth. Only If you no have other options.

Besides, there were suggestion for this as an bound technique. You can look it up by typing "earth shoe" or "earth booth".

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The only thing that popped up, other than this post, while searching those options was the AirSphere suggestion from 3 years ago.
Try replacing "earth" with "sand".

Also be aware that the search engine is bugged a little, so it might load all the search results until you click the "search" button a couple of more times.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Icespike is the closest thing that resembles the animation. Spearing your balls/crouch with it, as the user, isn't.... what's the word? Normal-thing-to-do. Phasechange wouldn't work out well at snow. How about doing a combo of both?
I like the idea of a combo

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm going to have to deny this thread sadly.
While being able to freeze your feet on snow or ice is canon, it also nullifies a very many amount of moves, it allows for people to easily abuse their environment to make it so they are unmovable. It was also used only once for what I think is a pretty good reason, the element of change based upon Tai Chi requires constant bending and controlled movments, which simply doesn't happen in a rooted stance.

Not to mention making an ice block appear at the water benders feet could also cause problems with movement when the water bender does want to move.

It completely nullifies the aspect of wall damage, allowing waterbenders to root them in a snowy or icy area.

This also prevents being able to suck waterbenders out from water with airsuction if they use phasechange to freeze themselves in the middle of the water area.

Don't get me started on the implications of this plus Jedcore's FrostBreath XD

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Nobody taught new concept designers on how to use the lock feature xD.p

Status
Not open for further replies.