• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New tools for addon developers and users

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone -- not quite the update that you all wanted to see today, but I promise v1.8.2 is on its way. We are VERY close to a release.

In the mean time, I added a couple of things to our forum to make it easier for addon developers and those downloading addons to work with each other effectively.

First, addon developers may now select which version of ProjectKorra (Core) their addon is designed to work with. This can be done by the owner of any resource by editing their resource and scrolling to the box underneath the description. There, they can select any official ProjectKorra release like so:

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 2.18.41 PM.png

Once a version is selected and saved, it gets its own tab in the resource. This will allow users to see which version of the project the addon was intended to work with. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 2.19.09 PM.png
I hope that this helps clear up some issues with people downloading addons that no longer work. That said, it's likely that abandoned addons will not receive this new tab as the original author is no longer online to update it.

That said, I've also added an "Abandoned" tag to resources. We will be going through and finding addons that are abandoned and marking them as such. This looks like so:

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 2.24.53 PM.png

We will be working through and marking old abilities as Abandoned in the coming days. Remember, that you can request to take over Abandoned abilities so long as a request is filed with me. In such an instance, you will not need to create a new resource, rather, the old resource will be transferred to you.

In order for us to consider a resource abandoned it must meet the following criteria:
  1. The owner of the resource must mark it as abandoned themselves OR
  2. The resource has not been updated in more than 2 months AND
  3. The resource no longer works with the most recent version of ProjectKorra AND
  4. There is no clear sign of the resource being updated (i.e. owner no longer active, etc)

Remember, that you can request to take over Abandoned abilities so long as a request is filed with me.
Only with you? Though it would make sense If you could request straight to OmniCypher, as he already does preview and sometimes he logs in when you're not around.

xNuminousx

First, addon developers may now select which version of ProjectKorra (Core) their addon is designed to work with. This can be done by the owner of any resource by editing their resource and scrolling to the box underneath the description. There, they can select any official ProjectKorra release like so:

I messaged Mist about it and nothing changes so while he's away I will inform the public about it.

The new feature of selecting the version of ProjectKorra that your add-on works with stops at 1.8.3 current version is 1.8.6. Now, I don't know if it's for a specific reason or not, but don't be deterred if you see an add-on sporting the 1.8.3 numbers and then worry that you won't be able to use it. Until this gets fixed and authors update their Version compatibility, you'll need to test this out for yourself to see if they work.