• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New plant bending ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Leaf Shard (changed name due to copiers)

...Really fly lol.
Your moves are diferent. The only one thats the same is Razor Left/Left Shard
Razor what? He copied the concept of the ideas, and it's a fact. Even Hydro noticed.

This is my last comment here, because I've already said what I needed to.

Hero

Verified Member
Razor what? He copied the concept of the ideas.
Oops, I ment leaf Razor Leaf. I wouldnt care that much though, your moves are the same. So if one of them (Mainly yours since yours is looking into) is added, it wouldnt matter anymore. :)

Janny

Verified Member
First, you can only have one suggestion per thread

Second, why is this in the Items Plugin suggestion?

Third
A. RazorLeaf is a Pokémon move and we try to avoid Pokémon/Naruto look alikes, it also seems like an inferior version to torrent
B. When you refer to "McStats" I think you mean MCMMO and that's not part of the plugin
C. Rejuvenation doesn't really make sense seeing how water is needed for the healing effect and you can just use the healing waters add on to bottle bend to heal
D. Just freeze yourself with torrent to get the same effect for what you're going for with cocoon.
Try being a little more in touch with the series. This is... Pokemon at best. Not Avatar.
Razorleaf is an almost exactly copy of what it is in Pokémon. That's the only problem i have with it, it had differences then I'd happily want it implemented. Rejuvenation and cocoon I just see no point to. I'd say suggest something canon and unique for plantbending first, then start to move to other sources for information.
I... I just... NO! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! You guys spam a thread every single damn time someone has a move with the name of a Pokemon move! The move itself is different from Razor Leaf in Pokemon, and the only same thing is the name but you guys act like its an exact copy from the Pokemon games. Is it a rule in the Project Korra forums that suggested moves are absolutely 140% not allowed to be named off of Pokemon moves? NO. Is it a rule to copy moves? I think so. But this isn't a copy. The mechanics are way different, and the move requires leave blocks not REAL leaves like in the Pokemon games. Now if you are going to sit there, and spam somebodies suggestion thread because they named it something like, Air Slash, Water Pulse, Bulldoze, or Overheat, just because it has the name of a Pokemon move but has totally different mechanics than the actual move in Pokemon, please just turn your computer off and stop being annoying. Because believe it or not, this is to me deemed the most ANNOYING thing to find in the Project Korra forums and I am sure it is VERY ANNOYING to the makers of those threads. Argue with me all you want in the replies, I am going to ignore because I have had this "Pokemon Steal" discussion before and guess what? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' THAT!

Hero

Verified Member
I... I just... NO! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! You guys spam a thread every single damn time someone has a move with the name of a Pokemon move! The move itself is different from Razor Leaf in Pokemon, and the only same thing is the name but you guys act like its an exact copy from the Pokemon games. Is it a rule in the Project Korra forums that suggested moves are absolutely 140% not allowed to be named off of Pokemon moves? NO. Is it a rule to copy moves? I think so. But this isn't a copy. The mechanics are way different, and the move requires leave blocks not REAL leaves like in the Pokemon games. Now if you are going to sit there, and spam somebodies suggestion thread because they named it something like, Air Slash, Water Pulse, Bulldoze, or Overheat, just because it has the name of a Pokemon move but has totally different mechanics than the actual move in Pokemon, please just turn your computer off and stop being annoying. Because believe it or not, this is to me deemed the most ANNOYING thing to find in the Project Korra forums and I am sure it is VERY ANNOYING to the makers of those threads. Argue with me all you want in the replies, I am going to ignore because I have had this "Pokemon Steal" discussion before and guess what? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' THAT!
SPEAK OUT! CANON! WE GOT NO TIME FOR YA!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I play pokemon too much. I know RazorLeaf, it's almost an exact copy..

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
lightning is awfully similar to pokemon moves i dont see anyone saying anything about it i mean point is pokemon use creatures who control elements with powers, bending controls elements they are similar. and why complain about a move if its similar makes no sense to me a move is a move why not use it

Hero

Verified Member
lightning is awfully similar to pokemon moves i dont see anyone saying anything about it i mean point is pokemon use creatures who control elements with powers, bending controls elements they are similar. and why complain about a move if its similar makes no sense to me a move is a move why not use it
Thats a good statement. Most people just forget that even though the plugin is ment to recreate the show, move just need to be practical in order to be approved. Being canon does help with getting it approved though.
If you change the names of moves with the same function, people wouldn't notice that much lol.

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
these are ment to be simple plant hasnt gotten any new moves so why start advanced make a few new simple ones for them first before going to an advanced super awesome move

Gahshunk

Verified Member
That isn't one bit canon. Like I said, there would be a greater chance for non canon things to be added when the canon abilities are used up.
It's directly from the comics proceeding the television series. That would be canon as it is accepted to be part of the timeline and even has some lose ends that Legend of Korra touches on.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's directly from the comics proceeding the television series. That would be canon as it is accepted to be part of the timeline and even has some lose ends that Legend of Korra touches on.
You people. Some say it's canon, some say it's not. WHYYYY.

Moonelight

Verified Member
First of all, we use lightning because it's actually canon. Second of all, the plugin wants to stay original & based on Avatar The Last Airbender & Legend Of Korra. If we start making moves that are named after, and based on Pokemon, people will begin to notice the similarity and blame the plugin for not being original.t was simila

When my move was named Razor Leaf on my thread people noticed the names similarity to pokemon. Of course I changed it, after realizing it was similar.
Whether or not the naming and similarity is on purpose, we should have a open mind about how we name/create moves.

Hero

Verified Member
First of all, we use lightning because it's actually canon. Second of all, the plugin wants to stay original & based on Avatar The Last Airbender & Legend Of Korra. If we start making moves that are named after, and based on Pokemon, people will begin to notice the similarity and blame the plugin for not being original.t was simila

When my move was named Razor Leaf on my thread people noticed the names similarity to pokemon. Of course I changed it, after realizing it was similar.
Whether or not the naming and similarity is on purpose, we should have a open mind about how we name/create moves.
So are you with the canon mob or against? I got mixed feelings...

Status
Not open for further replies.