• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New passive for waterbenders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Earth Tunnel isn't necessary for combat, because it's mostly for survival, and it isn't the point of this thread.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
@xNuminousx AND I'm trying to make my point across, by comparing the two (EarthTunnel and Waterbubble) as an argument for why WaterBubble should be left alone without removing it.

@Andrey_Frolov As well as you can use WaterBubble for combat. Also here are my binds as you asked me:

1. RaiseEarth.
2. Tremorsense
3. EarthBlast.
4.SandSpout
5.EarthTunnel
6.Lavaflow
7.EarthArmor.
8.Catapult
9.Earthsmash.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I can't agree with you, EarthTunnel should be in binds. Who does not have it just a noob lol.
I've seen a lot of earthbenders, really good ones, and honestly none of them have it in their binds.
@xNuminousx AND I'm trying to make my point across, by comparing the two (EarthTunnel and Waterbubble) as an argument for why WaterBubble should be left alone without removing it.
I understand why you brought it up, I was just saying that we were getting off topic by calling people "noobs" for not using Earth Tunnel in combat, which is untrue.
I can't agree with you, EarthTunnel should be in binds.
I'm going to refer to this again because I did say:
I know it CAN be
So saying:
I can't agree with you
Contradicts you, does it not?.... Just sayin'

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well, I can see why he likes Earthtunnel more than WaterBubble. Swiftswim exists, so there really any need for him to use it for the sake of fast travel.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Main idea of this suggestion is remove waterbubble from slot. It is unused move, no one top waterbender does not have it in bind. Do you undestand it? I suggested it because you are working on passives, but WaterBubble is unused move like Iceblast. We don't have a lot of slot to bind it. From ocean's deep we can easy fast swim, but is it a real waterbending where waterbender need fast swim to breath?
Guys can we please get this notion out of our heads that if people are bending they are only bending for pvp.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
S

Surge-jet is not canon. Should be removed!
And SwiftSwim was rarely use. A long with Surge-jet, both of them should be removed.

After that is done, WaterBubble should stay as a bind with the following reasons:
  • Was used more than once; it's canon alright.
  • If you think it should be removed because nobody uses it, then you should consider the same fate for Earthtunnel (be honest! When you ever saw someone use Earthtunnel in pvp?)
    • We shouldn't be bias and try to think about other elements, because earth(tunnel) and air(bubble) have their own respective essentially exact techniques.
  • WaterBubble would become really useful, and I mean REALLY
    • It would help building stuff underwater more easy and faster.
    • To move around the water + travel with your leash-animals and pals.
    • To go undercover perhaps?
Adding the extention to left click a water block >> right click your feet or others too apply to bubble would it make more intuitive and dope looking. I suggest either it should apply waterbreathing status effect or 'air aura head' in which applies a water-air replacing block above your head as go underalong the seas (OR a config option to choose either the status effect or the block effect).

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
If you think it should be removed because nobody uses it, then you should consider the same fate for Earthtunnel (be honest! When you ever saw someone use Earthtunnel in pvp?)
I saw earthbenders who uses it, I use it too always. I don't say that WaterBubble should be removed, I just say that need to add passive because no one does not use waterbubble in pvp. If you need to build home under the water just bind WaterBubble and build. It is my way.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I saw earthbenders who uses it, I use it too always. I don't say that WaterBubble should be removed, I just say that need to add passive because no one does not use waterbubble in pvp. If you need to build home under the water just bind WaterBubble and build. It is my way.
But you suggested to omit that ability. Make up your mind :| Could have sworn you suggested that in the original post, but you probably edited it out.

As it being passive, I disagree. I think it would be nice as an extention of a waterbubble, because it is a better fit imho. ETA Now I think about it, it really wouldn't much of a difference.

". In show we very often see where waterbenders use small waterbubble under water. " If you're referring to the head-bubble, then I'd say not really. I only seen twice by Korra and Katara (even thought it wasn't small, but she did used it on Appa).

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nobody here doesn't say if people are bending, they are only bending for pvp.
It is unused move, no one top waterbender does not have it in bind.
I mean what would top waterbender mean unless it was for PVP, because you can't really rank skill based upon the fact that a waterbender mines the most ore or has the best underwater house, another thing would be the fact that people who focus on pvp solely do it for pvp and not for the major survival aspect bending has, so when using the term "top waterbender" generally it means your implying a leader board based upon PVP Skill.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
I mean what would top waterbender mean unless it was for PVP, because you can't really rank skill based upon the fact that a waterbender mines the most ore or has the best underwater house, another thing would be the fact that people who focus on pvp solely do it for pvp and not for the major survival aspect bending has, so when using the term "top waterbender" generally it means your implying a leader board based upon PVP Skill.
Top benders are benders that best in pvp, not in survival.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Top benders are benders that best in pvp, not in survival.
My point stands that your talking as if all people cant use waterbubble, and YES people do use waterbubble for pvp, just because its not widely used doesnt mean it isn't, I use it to stop other waterbenders

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You could simply just tap sneak with waterbubble to give yourself a tiny amount of oxygen, also if you are a waterbender you could simply fast swim, chances are the lowest you could be below the ocean is about 25 blocks and using fastswim you could easily get up to the surface. Adding a new passive just for breathing underwater could simply be avoidable D:
That's a strange argument, considering it's exact like saying "...a new passive just for taking 0 zero damage on ice could simply be avoidable". You just simple cannot avoid a passive when it's in effect all the time/automaticly, unless toggled via command.

I personally see nothing wrong with adding this passive. With or without swiftswim, you could camp underwater (in a bright side) while the other waterbender who knock you in and keeps spamming phasechange to freeze the surface of water (with the upcoming phasechange feature that is), you have more time survive under water and wait for the annoying freezer to scram before you could emerge as you're depleting out of oxygen. Surely, you can a waterbubble, but again -IF swiftswim gets omit (for some I reason I feel that's a very likely to be happen)-, it would require a longer time to dive deeper too reach the bottom the bikini bottom without the risk of plumming to the death (dk if good reaction can save you by switching back to non-waterbuble slot right after you bout break your legs... I'll have to test that out)

Another application I can see for this passive is for runnning, or should I say swimming?, out of a fight. Yeah, I know it's not the best stradegy to 'flap' your wings like a chicken, but what can you do when you're left with only half an heart and no safe place to be found nearby for you to perform healingwaters? At least taking a underwater dive without utilizing the humongious bubble, and hope for the devil that the chaser doesn't weild that power to create one as well, you'll at least get a spare time to find a safe spot to utilize Healingwaters without worrying of the chaser attacking you. Firebenders and Earthbenders won't be able to sh!t in the WBers's realm and will be more willing to give up and start heading back to resurface as their oxygen would deplete more faster.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That's a strange argument, considering it's exact like saying "...a new passive just for taking 0 zero damage on ice could simply be avoidable". You just simple cannot avoid a passive when it's in effect all the time/automaticly, unless toggled via command.

I personally see nothing wrong with adding this passive. With or without swiftswim, you could camp underwater (in a bright side) while the other waterbender who knock you in and keeps spamming phasechange to freeze the surface of water (with the upcoming phasechange feature that is), you have more time survive under water and wait for the annoying freezer to scram before you could emerge as you're depleting out of oxygen. Surely, you can a waterbubble, but again -IF swiftswim gets omit (for some I reason I feel that's a very likely to be happen)-, it would require a longer time to dive deeper too reach the bottom the bikini bottom without the risk of plumming to the death (dk if good reaction can save you by switching back to non-waterbuble slot right after you bout break your legs... I'll have to test that out)

Another application I can see for this passive is for runnning, or should I say swimming?, out of a fight. Yeah, I know it's not the best stradegy to 'flap' your wings like a chicken, but what can you do when you're left with only half an heart and no safe place to be found nearby for you to perform healingwaters? At least taking a underwater dive without utilizing the humongious bubble, and hope for the devil that the chaser doesn't weild that power to create one as well, you'll at least get a spare time to find a safe spot to utilize Healingwaters without worrying of the chaser attacking you. Firebenders and Earthbenders won't be able to sh!t in the WBers's realm and will be more willing to give up and start heading back to resurface as their oxygen would deplete more faster.
It takes very little time to dive to the bottom of something with waterwave

Status
Not open for further replies.