• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New fire move

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
I dont see how it would be better to be an addon to fireshield. Clicking makes a shield that stays in a spot, and shifting makes a shield that follows where you look. Not much wiggle room there. The main reason I made this a suggestion for another move is that it isn't really the same as fireshield. And how the move works isn't like a fireshield either. It's more of redirecting or deflecting the fire before it reaches you, instead of blocking it when it does get to you.
if u keep the flow of the shield up (constantly spam left click) with fire shield it produces a wall like surge shield as long as you keep it flowing you can move it where ever you want, just gota mak that deflect some st00fs, this is like the thread xcelx suggested for water, surge shield needs a rework for effect purposed imo and fireshield. mostly the old abilities that were created a while ago :):)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
if u keep the flow of the shield up (constantly spam left click) with fire shield it produces a wall like surge shield as long as you keep it flowing you can move it where ever you want, just gota mak that deflect some st00fs, this is like the thread xcelx suggested for water, surge shield needs a rework for effect purposed imo and fireshield. mostly the old abilities that were created a while ago :):)
But fireshield isn't like, nor should it be like, what I suggested. Like I said, what I suggested is more of redirecting or deflecting the fire before it reaches you, rather than blocking it when it reaches you. This would not be a good rework for fireshield. Fireshield is actually fine in my opinion. Fire doesn't really have a good defense against other elements, and what it lacks in defense against the other elements it makes up for in offense. For fire, offense is the best defense against other elements.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
o_O okk :O :O but im just saying this is how fireshield should world
Well when you think of a shield, you think of some sort of barrier blocking something, correct? When you think about what I'm suggesting, it isn't like that. It's taking the existing fire, and then changing the course of the fire so it doesn't hit you. No barrier.

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
yh but look at the picture theres some sort of visable area around her thats redirecting it maybe shes deflecting heat around her body idk but i still think this is a good idea even if its added onto something

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
yh but look at the picture theres some sort of visable area around her thats redirecting it maybe shes deflecting heat around her body idk but i still think this is a good idea even if its added onto something
I took that as her just splitting the fireblast from the dragon in two and sending it around her. And woah this got looking into. Completly honest: I didn't expect it to get that xD

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
nono just the way shes blocking, using hamas water thats why shes like :eek:
Sort of. That's the same concept, deflecting the water before it gets to her. But she physically touched the water, and this would be redirecting or deflecting the fire before it got near you

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
You said blocking a fireblast with a fireblast.
I said that was the only to block a charged fireblast in the plugin. Given that they're blocking the equivalent of a charged fireblast using... some method, I'm really not sure, but they're still stopping a charged fireblast. So, in the plugin, this would be using a regular fireblast to accomplish this.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I said that was the only to block a charged fireblast in the plugin. Given that they're blocking the equivalent of a charged fireblast using... some method, I'm really not sure, but they're still stopping a charged fireblast. So, in the plugin, this would be using a regular fireblast to accomplish this.
Ohhhhh ok got you xD

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A was thinking, you would have to be moving your head to use this?
To represent you are making that circular motion?

Status
Not open for further replies.