• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Need Clarification

Gregory

Okay, so I need a bit of clarification, on your Terms of Service, you stated this;

ProjectKorra is based on Mojang's original code, and thus, falls under Mojang's EULA for Minecraft Monetization. From there, we will not restrict you any further. We do ask that you do not use our forum or website as a means to do so. We intend for ProjectKorra and all of its subsidiaries to be and remain free forever. You cannot sell copies of our plugin to other people, but you can, however, have people pay to unlock abilities on your server, switch elements, buy additional elements, etc, all dependent on how you can fit it into Mojang's EULA.

On Minehut (A server/host owned by Luuke), he uses the Project Korra plugin in one of his paid tiers, does that count as redistribution of the plugin. His server is a server but also a host, were you can create a "free" server directly inside of Minecraft. He has a whole bunch of free plugins for the free server, but because you stated "You cannot sell copies of our plugin to other people," wouldn't this be technically selling copies to individual servers if they pay for a certain tier?

Pride

Verified Member
Okay, so I need a bit of clarification, on your Terms of Service, you stated this;

ProjectKorra is based on Mojang's original code, and thus, falls under Mojang's EULA for Minecraft Monetization. From there, we will not restrict you any further. We do ask that you do not use our forum or website as a means to do so. We intend for ProjectKorra and all of its subsidiaries to be and remain free forever. You cannot sell copies of our plugin to other people, but you can, however, have people pay to unlock abilities on your server, switch elements, buy additional elements, etc, all dependent on how you can fit it into Mojang's EULA.

On Minehut (A server/host owned by Luuke), he uses the Project Korra plugin in one of his paid tiers, does that count as redistribution of the plugin. His server is a server but also a host, were you can create a "free" server directly inside of Minecraft. He has a whole bunch of free plugins for the free server, but because you stated "You cannot sell copies of our plugin to other people," wouldn't this be technically selling copies to individual servers if they pay for a certain tier?
If he's selling like certain moves that aren't in the actual ProjectKorra Core plugin, then it's fine.

But since you're telling me he's selling "tiers" of ProjectKorra plugin, then yes. He is violating one of the rules here.

Pride

Verified Member
Ohh.

I went onto the Minehut website, now I understand what you mean.
From what I see on the website page, 1.) there's no ProjectKorra plugin. 2.) i'm not sure if this counts as violating (if ProjectKorra is even there).

You'd have to consult Mist about this.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for asking, I don't believe it's an issue and here's why:

The language as written is more of a "Pay me $5, here's a copy of ProjectKorra." When someone can download it here for free. How someone runs their own server and does their ranks / donations is none of my concern, that is when it gets into Mojang's discretion.

The real rule here is don't download ProjectKorra and sell the plugin itself to other people.