• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Multiple sources and bigger bending!

How's my idea?

• I like it!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dunno... (Explain in comments)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Immallama

Verified Member
I was thinking of some possible changes to watermanipulation and earthblast. In both TLA and TLOK, benders have been shown bending with more than one source. They've also bent a variety of shapes and sizes during combat.

So my suggestion? Multiple sources. What if after your first source selection, there is a small window of time where you can select one or two more sources within a small area. When you fire off your watermanip/earthblast, each source would follow a different path, but both hit the same target. Additionally, selecting sources adjacent to each other would cause the two sources to merge into a larger one, or maybe even a large ball of your element. It makes sense that earthbenders would be able to bend bigger rocks and waterbenders bend more water. If selecting sources adjacent to each other is too difficult, maybe instead of clicking shift on your source, you can hold it for a second or two to get a bigger blast. Obviously, there would be more smoke to indicate you held shift for a sufficient time. If implemented, I think a similar change could be made for airblast and airsuction... even though I don't think it would be necessary.

So what do you guys think? This isn't necessarily a suggestion, but if enough people agree, maybe it should be one.

Elzoz

Verified Member
well i posted about rockthrow like yesterday and this seems to be abit same :) im think like earth blast that you could be able with your new view on it like to lift up...lets say 4 earth blocks seperated and then either shoot 1 in the time or shift click to either make a big buolder like a 2x2 or 4 just flying in (oh jeez here it comes) one direction :s

water tho should be maxed out to 2 tho since it just feels kinda much to have like 8 beams of water flying one way XD but it would still double the damage ^^ i dont think earth blast should have 4 times the dmg since i think you could almost kill someone with that Oo but mayby like 0.75% of the damage for each extra thing you throw ^^

Oh! btw if you shuld be able to do a kinda 2x2 rock hit shuld make a blast on inpact so you can grief up non reath bendable ground ^^ awesome post man :)

Elzoz

Verified Member
so 2 water manipulation would do 1.5 the damage of just one?
i mean you can spamm it rather fast :s so the watermanipulation i think it should be prue damage, it just an option if you want to bend more of the at the same time :p but earth needs to be like less damage on all or a thing that the more earth you choose the less damage for all of them :p

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Using multiple sources sort of strays away from each move is actually for. I can see having other moves that can shoot multiple shots quickly, but I don't think we should change the stock moves too drastically.

Immallama

Verified Member
Using multiple sources sort of strays away from each move is actually for. I can see having other moves that can shoot multiple shots quickly, but I don't think we should change the stock moves too drastically.
Fair enough. What do you think of the more powerful moves though?

Status
Not open for further replies.