• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied More Accurate AirBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
As you can see i said "I haven't triple posted since the beginning of this thread" so either you are to blind or too ignorant to see that.
Who gives a fuck about double/triple posting? On some forums it is bannable, but there's no rule against it here. If you miss a point in your initial post sometimes people are too lazy to go look at the edit. So you make a "double post." Give it up, and move on. *Clears throat* Airbending.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
I don't think i've ever been this enraged about a suggestion, maybe it's because air is my main element.
I'd like to make a few comments if you don't mind.

In the show aang is still young, he still has much to learn about airbending, Who knows maybe they taught defense to the children / younger airbenders.
In the show (LOK when he's older) he breaks a chain with airbending,

And as said previously, Tenzin does throw some pretty hard hits.
I don't think its wise to make this change to airbending considering that it would interrupt the balance of the plugin, By default air only does 1 heart per hit if i'm not mistaken which isn't alot at all. I am trying to keep a open mind and sortof distance my personal feelings for this thread but are you kidding me?
You basically want to make air do no damage at all, There may not be walls where you are, then what? If you think air runs now just wait and see if this actually happens.

;)
Agreed. Airbending all do the element of freedom is by fare one of the most powerful element (in the show not the plugin). Personally I like to think that the monks were peaceful and have developed their life style as to prevent the power of air to be used in the wrong manner. Because of this many people think that airbenders are "lovely" and "cute" and even "kawai" when clearly Zaheer showed the TRUE nature and possibility of airbending. Also airbenders were shown to be able to fight many opponents in the same time something that the plugin doesn't really go into. Besides all this there isn't really a proper sub element for air. By proper I mean a complete different nature of the element ( in many cases in different forms such as lightning for fire or lava for earth Ps: astral projection all do useful is quite limited).
To solve this problem I think that in stead of a sub there should be a different tradition of the element something like Zaheer has presented to us as supposed to the "traditional" subs we have now.
I love that you both said this. Orion, you stated what air really is. Honestly, I think people are over thinking what I said in this. I will change it right after I right this up. Some hits are VERY hard, while they are still peace loving monks. We should have moves like what I am putting below, while we should also have more moves for defensive and resource purposes. And, air benders fall and get hurt, as seen in the shows. Air benders have to air bend so they don't get hurt by the fall damage. Editing the post now, you both should check it out, as I think it would help a lot.

paliate

Verified Member
There are other threads about air taking fall damage, I think this would highly interrupt PVP as air's been like this since the plugin's beginning.
It'd feel very off for air to take fall damage if they don't do a certain move in time. For me its like taking fastswim from water, it's been there so long that you can't change it.

paliate

Verified Member
If your talking about my gif, it's aang in a flashback, not tenzin.

And airsweep isn't circular or able to break stuff.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
There are other threads about air taking fall damage, I think this would highly interrupt PVP as air's been like this since the plugin's beginning.
It'd feel very off for air to take fall damage if they don't do a certain move in time. For me its like taking fastswim from water, it's been there so long that you can't change it.
I would quit PK if they removed fast swim

If your talking about my gif, it's aang in a flashback, not tenzin.

And airsweep isn't circular or able to break stuff.
If you preform a full airsweep up to down, it looks circular.

Last edited:

Migsel

Verified Member
Air is my main element because it was the first I learned and mastered. It is weird when people complain about it though... Some people that attack me that end up dead start complaining that Air is too spammable and overpowered, while Airbenders who try to attack people and end up dead complain because it is underpowered.o_O I actually think Air is really balanced with the other elements. It just depends on the skill of the user. Similar things can be said about all the other elements. Also, the only thing I think could be better with air is that it could have attacks with higher range. The only damaging move that goes the farthest is Airsweep which is a great move, but it still doesn't go too far. Sometimes it gets hard to get the runners.

BTW Fire is my second best element. I'm not as good at it as I am at Air.

Last edited:

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Air is my main element because it was the first I learned and mastered. It is weird when people complain about it though... Some people that attack me that end up dead start complaining that Air is too spammable and overpowered, while Airbenders who try to attack people and end up dead complain because it is underpowered.o_O I actually think Air is really balanced with the other elements. It just depends on the skill of the user. Similar things can be said about all the other elements. Also, the only thing I think could be better with air is that it could have attacks with higher range. The only damaging move that goes the farthest is Airsweep which is a great move, but it still doesn't go too far. Sometimes it gets hard to get the runners.

BTW Fire is my second best element. I'm not as good at it as I am at Air.
Fire is just OP, and air is my best also. I learned about the plugin through air bending, so it is my best.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I think what we learned here today is that there is a pretty equal amount of people who think it's underpowered and others who think it's overpowered and they will never be pleased. Seems pretty balanced when you think about it. ;D

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
First of all, cool down with the spam. Air is most likely one of the most powerful bending choice, if used correctly. So making it more accurate, your only doing good. Have you realized, that every air bender that bends air in combat, is HIGHLY trained in it? And people who earth bend in combat usually start when they are not highly trained, just when they know the basics. I am saying this because air is powerful. Knockback damage is a thing to consider, as we would need that for block damage.
@PoopMasterPT is an excellent airbender! As he UNDERSTANDS the Air Nomads' culture, he doesn't spam attacks. Also, as he master Air, he knows how to hurt the opponent without using the same move. On the other hand, if this gets implemented, and I want this to be implemented, Airbenders will have something at their advantage. Take not of how hard Tenzin get when Zaheer and the Red Lotus blew him into the wall.

paliate

Verified Member
I think that pushing people into a wall should be a thing, i'm not down for all of the nerfing (taking away airswipe)
It's been here since the original plugin and if you did that noone would want to be air, Talk about killing off the airbenders.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
@PoopMasterPT is an excellent airbender! As he UNDERSTANDS the Air Nomads' culture, he doesn't spam attacks. Also, as he master Air, he knows how to hurt the opponent without using the same move. On the other hand, if this gets implemented, and I want this to be implemented, Airbenders will have something at their advantage. Take not of how hard Tenzin get when Zaheer and the Red Lotus blew him into the wall.
Okay, my idea has changed of what should happen to air bending. We should take wall damage, but not nerf any of the moves. That would make everything amazing

I think that pushing people into a wall should be a thing, i'm not down for all of the nerfing (taking away airswipe)
It's been here since the original plugin and if you did that noone would want to be air, Talk about killing off the airbenders.
I'm with you buddy!

I think what we learned here today is that there is a pretty equal amount of people who think it's underpowered and others who think it's overpowered and they will never be pleased. Seems pretty balanced when you think about it. ;D
Its just the amount of practice put into an element with combo's and how fast you can switch between moves.

Fire is OP depending on the user. So is Water, Earth, and Air (notice I didn't mention chiblocking lolz).
How is fire OP >.> Some ppl are OP, the element isn't.

LEARN IT
Okay, I honestly cannot even respond to this. This is perfect the way it is, and very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.