• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Monthly Community Updates

Would you enjoy a community update once a month?

• Total voters

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Updates for the community really are not often enough. There are several times where players are asking for simple status updates on how development is going and what is in-store for the future; what MAY happen. You could cover several edits, removals, additions or other things in these updates. Every month SOMEONE would post an update on the Home Page, or in the forums if it's more convenient. Doing these updates would help to erase any questions so long as you cover all the points that are safe to cover.

Such questions that could be answered in the Monthly Update would include (but are not limited to):
  • How is the Project Korra CORE development going?
  • When can we expect Project Korra Items/Spirits/RPG to be updated?
  • Is Project Korra looking for any staffing positions?
  • What are the topics that suggestions are needed most in?
  • How was your day today?
  • What can the community do to better help development process of any kind with the plugins or any subject?
And I'm sure that there are many common questions that could possibly be answered in an update. This is just a better, more organized way to answer a series of FAQ in one swift post!
(I assume this suggestion should go here?)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Don't wanna speak for the staff, but some of these questions can't be done, because they are either already answer in some other form or-- they just can't.

Regardless, I find this thread important and hope it does not get forgotten, as this part of the forum section rarely/almost gets chech upon by an admin especally.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I completely agree with this. I think it would be even better if we post updates every 2 weeks along with when development updates are due to come out. This would give the development team more of a time frame to work with as we would HAVE to get the assigned tasks done. It would also allow the community to see what's going on, even if development releases are delayed. Community interaction is also crucial considering this is a project done voluntarily for the community. You guys deserve to receive official updates rather than the same questions constantly being asked in shoutbox, and no definite answer being given.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
if the lead dev himself is so caugh up with work, at least give to and have any staff member carry the task to anounce (the shoutbox doesn't count) that the upcoming patch/content would be daleyed would be an appreciate action to proceed in doing. I just find quite rude and unprofessional to leave magority of fans unknown/confused with their "what", "when" and "why" questions, because let's face it: most often these people barely visit this forum unlike us how- we are active and know everything up-to-date, -- and the chat is..., well you know, what stays in it = the thing stays there for a few seconds and the next day it is gone. Just by telling us that you're sorry about daley and the release day is unfound/can change in point of time would be enough to leave us inform and have more friendly attitude towards us you guys. This kind of behaviour would create stronger bonds between us and the staff.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And please do say the "he has a life, ya know!" excuse. Having to spare a few seconds to log onto forum/skype/whatever and telling your fellow college "hey, I won't be able to tell our fellow supporters about the problem, so can you do that for me as a favour?" shouldn't take TOO MUCH of your busy life time.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I think project Korra needs this because a lot of us are in the dark about the current status of everything. Plus this would help stop ppl from constantly asking the same questions in shoutbox.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
some of these questions can't be done
The questions I listed were really just random things from the top of my head xD If there are other questions you feel would need to be covered or other topics that would need to be covered in the monthly update, feel free to list them. I'm sure the staff would love a list of helpful things to talk about in this monthly/bi-weekly update.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Already covered it up, but gonna submarize it quickly with a question:

- Why are the incoming content is delayed, even thought it was supposed to be release in 2-3 week cycle? Did the person who had to upload just recently died, or did his/her computer blew up, or forgot to back-up the respective files?
- Can you and with what content can you provide us, for so that we can be occupied at the mean without impatently wating, while you try to resolve that whole delayed issue? Maybe by sharing your (any) official pk standalone made ability (aka. addon)?

(Please don't answer these questions whoever is reading! These are just rheotirical and I rather have the real questions answered in those news annoucements)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Oh, so this is what this project is all about? Bridging the minecraft and Korea community together. Oky doky....

*leaves*

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
There is this great thing called subscribing for notifications from GitHub about the changes in the plugins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There is this great thing called subscribing for notifications from GitHub about the changes in the plugins
Silly Jackson, that requires effort. Who wants to do that? amirite

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Updates for the community really are not often enough. There are several times where players are asking for simple status updates on how development is going and what is in-store for the future; what MAY happen. You could cover several edits, removals, additions or other things in these updates. Every month SOMEONE would post an update on the Home Page, or in the forums if it's more convenient. Doing these updates would help to erase any questions so long as you cover all the points that are safe to cover.

Such questions that could be answered in the Monthly Update would include (but are not limited to):
  • How is the Project Korra CORE development going?
  • When can we expect Project Korra Items/Spirits/RPG to be updated?
  • Is Project Korra looking for any staffing positions?
  • What are the topics that suggestions are needed most in?
  • How was your day today?
  • What can the community do to better help development process of any kind with the plugins or any subject?
And I'm sure that there are many common questions that could possibly be answered in an update. This is just a better, more organized way to answer a series of FAQ in one swift post!
(I assume this suggestion should go here?)
Already covered it up, but gonna submarize it quickly with a question:

- Why are the incoming content is delayed, even thought it was supposed to be release in 2-3 week cycle? Did the person who had to upload just recently died, or did his/her computer blew up, or forgot to back-up the respective files?
- Can you and with what content can you provide us, for so that we can be occupied at the mean without impatently wating, while you try to resolve that whole delayed issue? Maybe by sharing your (any) official pk standalone made ability (aka. addon)?

(Please don't answer these questions whoever is reading! These are just rheotirical and I rather have the real questions answered in those news annoucements)
Honestly, I still think your questions (and nor mine) wouldn't be enough to keep us informed,because as I said: they are already asked away or have no answer to them. For the #1, the answer to that question is technically provided in their trello, but I know where you be coming from (PK just doesn't tell us how GOOD/BAD is it, so we can't know if it's hard sh!t right now developing the plugin and is that what delays the plugin's patch release). #2 - they already did that too much in a point that I can tell (at least for myself) the trust is somehow lost regards with release because they kept continue misleading us with the date to the point it became repeative (annoying wise). 3-4# isn't problem right now by how I see it. 6# could give the potential for the fanbase to help out both - the concept designers, AND the devs - in a way that strengthens the project even more, so I agree that this should be asked normally. I remember with #5, some pk staff members used to ask these along with the "weekly questions" that in my opinion was such a nice and neat but warmth way to ask these kind of questions. Don't know the proper adjective for that kind of thing they were doing, but it felt like somebody cared more than just regards with what we think about the project, if we're satisfied with the modification it has done to the game, ect. Anyway, I just wanna say it would be a nice thing to bring tiny little nice things again or do something different but still similar that still applies the "we care about you, fans, as you're apart of our family" behaviour. Assuring us with "How's your day/it going?" imo would be nice. Gosh, I got carried away and it looks like am asking to much. I better end it here xD

P.S. tldr: *pls read this before the over-worded 6 question insight, lol. Just completely ignore it*

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Honestly, I still think your questions (and nor mine) wouldn't be enough to keep us informed,because as I said: they are already asked away or have no answer to them. For the #1, the answer to that question is technically provided in their trello, but I know where you be coming from (PK just doesn't tell us how GOOD/BAD is it, so we can't know if it's hard sh!t right now developing the plugin and is that what delays the plugin's patch release). #2 - they already did that too much in a point that I can tell (at least for myself) the trust is somehow lost regards with release because they kept continue misleading us with the date to the point it became repeative (annoying wise). 3-4# isn't problem right now by how I see it. 6# could give the potential for the fanbase to help out both - the concept designers, AND the devs - in a way that strengthens the project even more, so I agree that this should be asked normally. I remember with #5, some pk staff members used to ask these along with the "weekly questions" that in my opinion was such a nice and neat but warmth way to ask these kind of questions. Don't know the proper adjective for that kind of thing they were doing, but it felt like somebody cared more than just regards with what we think about the project, if we're satisfied with the modification it has done to the game, ect. Anyway, I just wanna say it would be a nice thing to bring tiny little nice things again or do something different but still similar that still applies the "we care about you, fans, as you're apart of our family" behaviour. Assuring us with "How's your day/it going?" imo would be nice. Gosh, I got carried away and it looks like am asking to much. I better end it here xD

P.S. tldr: *pls read this before the over-worded 6 question insight, lol. Just completely ignore it*
The questions I provided, for the most part, are not meant to be taken seriously. They were just simple suggestions from the top of my head, as I've already said.
The questions I listed were really just random things from the top of my head xD If there are other questions you feel would need to be covered or other topics that would need to be covered in the monthly update, feel free to list them. I'm sure the staff would love a list of helpful things to talk about in this monthly/bi-weekly update.
The questions they could answer are not limited to the ones I provided, that topic is open to everyone and can be discussed in a different thread.
This thread, however, is more for discussing whether a monthly update should or should not be done. It believe it's needed and would be most helpful.