• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Metalarmor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Jump:
What this will allow the metal bender to do is control the armor on them. Meaning they can jump high up in the air without earth beneath them. To use click in the direction you want to go (any), and you will be launched 5 blocks in that direction. This move cannot be used in mid air but if you are falling and you click it does start to slow down your fall and at 3 seconds you will be completely stopped (only lasts for .5 seconds).
This doesn't make sense. Just clicking would be really OP, and if this was truly possible -- why didn't Kuvira just fly in her metal armor?

Green

Verified Member
This doesn't make sense. Just clicking would be really OP, and if this was truly possible -- why didn't Kuvira just fly in her metal armor?
If you look at the fight with Kuvera and Sue when they met were the super weapon was being made. Sue used metal as armor and could easily jump high above Kuvera to get behind her.

And since this is a multi ability it is like how it is (click) because that is the best way it fit in with the others.

Green

Verified Member
And did you not read my post that if you can control someone with metalclips on the why couldn't you do the same thing to yourself??? Toph even implied when Korra was poisoned that the closer earth is closer to you the more you can control it.

Green

Verified Member
Most of that armor was made out of other material than just metal. Suyin created a flatter metal chestplate and leggings wrapped on her body, giving her the mobility of an airbender.
...... Are we really going to sit here and argue how thick the metal was...... It is possible to do and I'm not saying you should be able to launch yourself and far as catapult, just 5 blocks in any direction.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
If you look at the fight with Kuvera and Sue when they met were the super weapon was being made. Sue used metal as armor and could easily jump high above Kuvera to get behind her.

And since this is a multi ability it is like how it is (click) because that is the best way it fit in with the others.
I'm pretty sure in that fight Sue used the metal of the floor that they were on to jump around.

Green

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure in that fight Sue used the metal of the floor that they were on to jump around.
No what she did was use the armor on her to shoot herself over Kuvera. It is obviously possible to do considering one of them lifted a big metal generator and threw it at the other person.

And why would that even make sense for her to use the metal on the floor.... Just like catapult you would see a jut up in the ground.... You wouldn't just magically be launched because there is metal below you.

Green

Verified Member
Ok I went back to the scene and I saw that she did use the floor, my mistake..... But still, In that same fight they launched a big metal generator and one another, so why not be able to do that to your-self?? I mean it's only 5 blocks.... I am pretty sure that is how high up highjump goes so this is not even OP......

Green

Verified Member
It is kind of like the idea of Magneto and how he can "fly" by controlling the metal in his armor. This is the same concept but on a much smaller scale.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
First of all you guys are all forgetting that MOST OF THE PEOPLE in the avatar universe are completely above the bar when it comes to acrobatic capability. Characters can do giant leaps, flips without the use of bending, I mean look at P'li, Amon, Katara, Asami, The Equalists, and Suyin. They all have amazing acrobatic capability when they aren't using bending to aid it. So by the same logic as this thread, we can apply this to all of the characters here and give every player who is on a PK server Jump Boost 1

Disclaimer: I do not agree with giving everybody Jump Boost 1.

Can't people chill with the multiabilties...
Multi-Abilities are awesome, we need more of them or a singular move that has many uses.

Trent

Verified Member
I really like this idea, I've been waiting for more metal elements....my only concern is possibly exhausting the armor in the process? I feel as though you would be creating a inexhaustible source.

OccultEnemy

I do like the idea and everything, but don't you think it kind of takes the point out of eartharmor I know it's metal and everything but you would just pretty much be combining all metal moves into just one move

Trent

Verified Member
I do like the idea and everything, but don't you think it kind of takes the point out of eartharmor I know it's metal and everything but you would just pretty much be combining all metal moves into just one move
I think it's just giving more flexibility to how you can manipulate the metal around you.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
First of all you guys are all forgetting that MOST OF THE PEOPLE in the avatar universe are completely above the bar when it comes to acrobatic capability. Characters can do giant leaps, flips without the use of bending, I mean look at P'li, Amon, Katara, Asami, The Equalists, and Suyin. They all have amazing acrobatic capability when they aren't using bending to aid it. So by the same logic as this thread, we can apply this to all of the characters here and give every player who is on a PK server Jump Boost 1

Disclaimer: I do not agree with giving everybody Jump Boost 1.

Multi-Abilities are awesome, we need more of them or a singular move that has many uses.
The Equalists are chiblockers.
Asami? What? When?
Jumping of a ice ramp doesn't make her acrobatic. She is only acrobatic becuz she's a dancer.
Same for Suyin.
Pli' was evasive, not acrobatic according to wiki

If anyone wants become temporarily acrobatic, they can get themselves a few potions of jump boost and speed. I recommended finding a plugin (it should exist I believe) that makes all players agile passively or create your own.

Green

Verified Member
Ok I will explain.

EarthArmor is a temporary ability, lets say you are walking around in the wild and you don't have anything with you. There is a huge group of zombies heading towards you are you have no where to go. You quickly use eartharmor and use lava bending and bigger moves to fight them off. This is what eartharmor is for, to protect you when you do not have armor.

But this move is just utilizing an armor chestplate for metal bending just like the Republic City police force did. Like lets say you are going into a water bending town that has no earth, it is just ice. So you bind this move and put you armor on so you have protection away from regular earth.

I really like this idea, I've been waiting for more metal elements....my only concern is possibly exhausting the armor in the process? I feel as though you would be creating a inexhaustible source.
I was thinking about that and I forgot to add to my post that it could be apart of the config if someone wants it toggled.

Green

Verified Member
And I am working on getting the Gif up and then everyone will see how the shield to shoot flows together and makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.