• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Meditation

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Meditation would be an ability open to ALL benders, chiblockers, and nonbenders, and it would allow them to enter the spirit world spiritually, gaining spirit abilities (potentially a new spirit class, perhaps Human Spirit) and allowing them to use them in the spirit world, and physical world if they return to the physical world but choose not to return to their bodies at the moment. If you click anywhere with meditation selected, it will release your spirit, you will leave your body, and you will wonder around in whatever world you are in. If you hold shift while in your body or as a spirit, your spirit will be released into the spirit world. As a spirit, if you click with meditation, it will return you to your body. If you hold shift as a spirit while in the spirit world, it will send you to the physical world. You can also travel between worlds with the spirit portals. Please let me know what you think.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
However, the airbending culture was focused primarily on spiritual enlightenment. While other benders, such as AeiWei, were able to meditate into the spirit world, I would suggest a resistance or fail-chance for non-airbenders that attempt to meditate, or even possibly it could be a practice makes perfect-styled move...?

While I am biased, the airbending culture focused on, again, their inner spirituality so I believe that, in return, they should be granted a higher ability or as someone might say "easier access" into the spirit world.

Let me know what you think!
~Apple<3

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
However, the airbending culture was focused primarily on spiritual enlightenment. While other benders, such as AeiWei, were able to meditate into the spirit world, I would suggest a resistance or fail-chance for non-airbenders that attempt to meditate, or even possibly it could be a practice makes perfect-styled move...?

While I am biased, the airbending culture focused on, again, their inner spirituality so I believe that, in return, they should be granted a higher ability or as someone might say "easier access" into the spirit world.

Let me know what you think!
~Apple<3
Just being an airbender doesn't make you more able to meditate into the spirit world. Tenzin couldn't. It is due to the way all air nomads are raised; with heightened spirituality and being taught to be spiritual. And we actually have no idea how many can enter the spirit world, due to the Genocide. The only non-Avatar airbenders to enter the spirit world spiritually are Jinora and Zaheer, and I'd assume Zaheer started doing it prior to obtaining airbending. And then Tenzin could not do it, but Aeiwei (and I'm assuming Unalaq since he was very spiritual and was in contact with Vaatu) could. So I this is all sufficient proof that any type of bender or non-bender can do it. In the show, however, it simply depends on how spiritual you are and how spiritual you were raised, and how in touch you are with the spirits.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
So somewhat referring to a small part of my suggestion, do you think there should be restrictions or a gaining process on practicing the move?