• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Massive FireNerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Before I start insulting the firebending community, I would like to point out that you should look in the eyes of others.

Fire needs a huge nerf/rework. There is so much particles that even on a decreased setting, it still causes issue. I will try hard not to point out damage because thats config. but most of the issues is there.

1. You can charge on FireJet. Do you know how annoying it is to try to hit someone while they are zooming around you and then they were charging lightning? Very. There isn't a problem with using normal moves, but the point of charged moves was the idea of focusing on something. How can you focus while flying everywhere?
  2. FireDamage. I'm not exactly sure if you can enable/disable firedamage, but ill go into it anyways. Fire damage is the worst of the all damage types. In almost all texture packs, fire blocks half of your screen. And firedamage adds up very quickly. You can easily lose if you are on fire...which happens literally all the time, giving the idea that getting hit is the end of the world.
  3. Getting hit with fire is the end of the world. "Just don't get hit with fire!" Unless you have hacks or very fast reflexes, you are most likely to lose. Fire or any element shouldn't give the idea of "getting hit and your done".
  4. WallOfFire is plain ridiculous. You have fire damage plus direct damage. It doesn't sound much at first, but most firebenders just fly in and use wall of fire and once you found a way out of the flames, you are down to at least half your health.
  5. WallOfFire is a inferno. If you don't know what that means, it means you just need to left click to cause death. It wouldn't matter if you had to hold shift, but making a wall of fire that does fire+direct damge every second with the added effect that no one else but you can pass through it is very over-powered.
  6. FireCombos are very very op if you know whats going on. Combos themselves aren't bad with the exception of a few, but when you use combos like JetBlaze and then FireWheel and then combustion, thats when it gets overwhelming.
  7. Fire is extremely unpredictable. Fire should be fast, but not unpredictable. If you haven't pay attenion, the only move that has a different charging animation is lightning. Everything else either doesn't have one or is the same.
  8. The lightning spread is very bad. I like the idea of lightning spreading in water, but if it starts to extend another 10 block because lightning hits watermanipulation, thats when its a problem.
  9. The hitboxs for fire moves are too big. Even if you move to the side when someone does fireblast, the 4 block wide hitbox will still hit you.
  10. Lightning is unpredictable as far as movement goes. In real life, anything goes for lightning. In the show however, lightning was more accurate then what it is now. Not exactly like a beam, but close.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Before I start insulting the firebending community, I would like to point out that you should look in the eyes of others.

Fire needs a huge nerf/rework. There is so much particles that even on a decreased setting, it still causes issue. I will try hard not to point out damage because thats config. but most of the issues is there.

1. You can charge on FireJet. Do you know how annoying it is to try to hit someone while they are zooming around you and then they were charging lightning? Very. There isn't a problem with using normal moves, but the point of charged moves was the idea of focusing on something. How can you focus while flying everywhere?
  2. FireDamage. I'm not exactly sure if you can enable/disable firedamage, but ill go into it anyways. Fire damage is the worst of the all damage types. In almost all texture packs, fire blocks half of your screen. And firedamage adds up very quickly. You can easily lose if you are on fire...which happens literally all the time, giving the idea that getting hit is the end of the world.
  3. Getting hit with fire is the end of the world. "Just don't get hit with fire!" Unless you have hacks or very fast reflexes, you are most likely to lose. Fire or any element shouldn't give the idea of "getting hit and your done".
  4. WallOfFire is plain ridiculous. You have fire damage plus direct damage. It doesn't sound much at first, but most firebenders just fly in and use wall of fire and once you found a way out of the flames, you are down to at least half your health.
  5. WallOfFire is a inferno. If you don't know what that means, it means you just need to left click to cause death. It wouldn't matter if you had to hold shift, but making a wall of fire that does fire+direct damge every second with the added effect that no one else but you can pass through it is very over-powered.
  6. FireCombos are very very op if you know whats going on. Combos themselves aren't bad with the exception of a few, but when you use combos like JetBlaze and then FireWheel and then combustion, thats when it gets overwhelming.
  7. Fire is extremely unpredictable. Fire should be fast, but not unpredictable. If you haven't pay attenion, the only move that has a different charging animation is lightning. Everything else either doesn't have one or is the same.
  8. The lightning spread is very bad. I like the idea of lightning spreading in water, but if it starts to extend another 10 block because lightning hits watermanipulation, thats when its a problem.
  9. The hitboxs for fire moves are too big. Even if you move to the side when someone does fireblast, the 4 block wide hitbox will still hit you.
  10. Lightning is unpredictable as far as movement goes. In real life, anything goes for lightning. In the show however, lightning was more accurate then what it is now. Not exactly like a beam, but close.
What Fire needs is a rework, and anything but a nerf. Since I have a lot of experience with firebending, I'll make some counters for your points
1. Charging on Firejet is the only way fire can be truly offensive. Without charging on firejet, we lose the ability to charge-up moves safely while also covering distance. While it's uncanon, there are other things in this plugin that are uncanon also. Without charging on firejet, firebenders will get overwhelmed by watermanip spam, torrent, earthsmash, earthblast spam, you name it.

2. FireDamage is bad, I agree, but almost every element has a way to stop burning. If Burn Damage was to be removed, I'd expect Fire's moves to give out more damage in general.

3. This point makes no sense whatsoever and has nothing to back it up.

4 & 5. I can agree that WallofFire is a bit ridiculous, but it's easy to miss the person if they're standing and you're using something like Jetblast or JetBlaze. Ontop of that, The WallofFire doesn't move at all- so it's up to not only the firebender to place it right, but for you to try to either intercept the firebender while he/she is coming to you (This is something that mainly skilled benders can do- it's happened to me a couple of times so it's NOT impossible) or just try to move out of the way when you see the firebender jetting towards you.

6. FireCombos aren't OP. FireWheel takes a miracle to hit since in the default config, it's pretty slow, and that godawful hitbox. The FireKick and FireSpin are close-ranged moves, JetBlaze... I would prefer if it would get some sort of particle decrease or at least that the blaze ring won't show around you. (I'm just happy it doesn't spam you with Wither Sounds) and with JetBlast, you have to make sure to stop sometimes because I've found myself flying into a river once or twice by accident

7. I don't really know what to say about this one. All I can say is that if you see a firebender sneaking, I'd recommend you watch yourself. I don't really see how it's TOO unpredictable since it's either going to be a fireblast or a burst. (If you're far away, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a charged blast) But I suppose different charging animations would be cool.

8 & 10. Lightning's Spreading if it hits a manip is something that I don't really think is suppose to happen. The Plugin recognizes the manip as a waterblock, so it'll start its spread process. As for lightning's movement, yes I can agree that it is VERY unpredictable. However, changing the lightning so that it's less curvy doesn't really seem like a nerf to me in my opinion. Just saying. (Not saying that I don't want lightning to be straight)

9. The Hitboxs aren't too big. In exchange for having a big hitbox, you can't move the fireblast around unlike you could with torrent, earthblast, or manip. You want a large hitbox? Look at EarthSmash.

Overall, with these points that you've brought up, I can assume that you haven't played fire a lot to understand it's own struggles that it faces at times against other elements.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Thanks for making my day. xD
Most of the things you said (if not anything) is configurable.
2. Configurable
3. This makes no sense. Getting hit by fire isn't "the end of the world".
4. It might need to be redone a bit, but it's easy to avoid.
5. Read point 4.
6. Fire is the element of power (If I remember right). It's supposed to be overwhelming. If you can't handle it then you're really not the person to fight a firebender. Combos also aren't OP. It depends on the range, damage and cooldown, which is all in the config.
7. Fire has power. It's supposed to have power. When charging, a firebender is simply charging power, not a certain ability. It makes sense you cannot predict what they are charging.
8. I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. This is more of bug/forgot to code thing, not an intentional thing.
9. I just checked fireblast's hit box via the code. It is exactly 2. Not 4.
10. The lightning angles are configurable.

So, after countering all your 'statements', it is clear that they don't make sense. If anything, I think you just got recked by a firebender and that you are now raging about it.

- Finn

Loony

Verified Member
Denied.
I wonder how many times I need to tell people to not make multiple suggestions on one post before they actually listen.
Some good suggestions in here, make them in a singular post please or they will be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.