• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lots of moves. Passives too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
EARTH

Moves:

Earth wave
: High level earthbenders can create a wave of earth to ride on and use it as a form of transportation, as Aang and Toph have both done,as well as Roku and Sud while training. The downsides of the wave are that it takes a lot of energy to produce, as well as intense concentration; the slightest distraction could cause the user to lose control of the wave.

New travel system anyone?

Earth sinking
: More advanced earthbenders, such as The Boulder, Master Yu,[7]and General Fong,[15] can forcibly sink their opponents into the ground, imprisoning them or even suffocating them in earth. This technique was used by General Fong to subdue Katara.

Charged move to trap enemies in the ground.?

Quicksand
: Earthbenders turn certain surfaces to quicksand to immobilize an enemy,[17] or to create a soft landing for themselves should they fall from a height. Sandbenders can also do the reverse of this, compacting sand together to create harder projectiles or a firmer grip on the ground.

Similar to the passive already in the game, however, maybe possible to trap enemies in?

Earth gauntlet
: A much less advanced version of earth armor that can be used to throw back opponents with hard solid force. Aang used this technique when fighting against Azula on the drill.[12] The technique is useful in that it grants some level of the protection of earth armor but allows the rest of the body to
remain flexible.

A way to transport earth maybe?

Earth shelter: This can be used by earthbenders to create a shelter or dome which can provide an instant shelter in the wilderness. Toph often created shelters like these to sleep in while the Team Avatar was traveling[5] and used it to create a safe place where a pregnant woman could give birth.[14] It can also be used to trap enemies, but this application would not work against an earthbending opponent, who would be able to cancel out the technique.

Self explanatory.

Earth armor: Earthbenders can bring rocks, dust, pebbles, or crystals around them and mold them to fit their body and create something similar to armor. They can also hide inside the earth by bending the rock around them as a shell. Later, it is demonstrated by Toph that metal can be used as armor as well.[13] The earth armor was used by Toph in a training exercise with Aang.[1] Aang later uses this technique with crystals against Azula,[23] and again with rocks againstCombustion Man[24] and finally Ozai.[13] This earthbending move is great for defense, especially against fire. It is not as effective for offensive moves, since it limits the practitioner's range of motion.[25]

Same with the one in game, except also usable with the different kinds of ores? Related to Earth material manipulation.

Passives:

Magnetization
: Skilled earthbenders are capable of magnetizing their limbs to any type of stone, making wall-scaling simpler in the appropriate circumstances. The Dai Li agents could perform this move with ease and even stay upside down, such as when Team Avatar broke into the organization's secret headquarters in Lake Laogai.

Climbing earth blocks somehow?

Earth material manipulation
: Earthbending is not limited to rock or soil alone. An earthbender can also manipulate coal, gems, crystals, and other earth-based materials, like meteorites and jennamite.
Bending ores and such. Related to earth armor.

Also, jennamite.

Earth smash
: Earthbenders can easily destroy rocks and boulders with punches and kicks, even if they have a very small amount of muscle mass. This technique is useful when facing other earthbenders, as it allows the earthbender to destroy any earthen projectiles sent at them and break out of imprisoning techniques. However, it does not seem to affect objects not made of earth.

Mining with bare hands, anyone? Maybe stone tier.

WATER

Moves:

Water cloak: A waterbender can use their water as a form of armor with tentacle-like arms. The bender can use these arms to grab objects or enemies, whip enemies, blast enemies with water and freeze them. If a waterbender has less water available, he or she can simply form the arms instead of the entire cloak. This technique was first shown by Katara while she dueled against Azula in the Crystal Catacombs,[20] and again when she was on board the Southern Raiders frigate.[14]. Ming-Hua mastered this technique to the point that she could mold the ends of the tentacles into any shape, such as a claw or a hook, as well as only locally freeze the ends while retaining the mobility of the tentacle as a whole.[21]

Grab items, carry water along with you, and use moves all while bending the water onto your arms, as a means of defense and transportation. Kinda op.

Water ring
: A skilled water bender can create a ring of water around their body. This can be used for both defense or for offense, such as shooting ice shards at the opponent. Kya used this in her duel with Zaheer.[13]

Standard defense move, similar to the torrents spin, also being able to bend out of it?.

Ice ramp: Waterbenders can manipulate ice as a means of short transportation, as seen by Katara when training with Aang and Toph.[22] It was also used in the liberation of Ba Sing Se, as well by Katara in The Promise trilogy.

5-10 block ice ramp, similar to what torrent looks like, but maybe carrying yourself? only usable with a valid source.?

Water whip
: The water whip is a commonly used move that involves creating a lashing tendril of water to swipe at an opponent. The shape, size, and length are all determined by a waterbender's control, and more powerful benders can create larger whips, or ones of greater finesse. The whip can be sharpened into a blade that can slice through metal with relative ease,[8] and both Katara and Korra have demonstrated the ability to create water whips with their feet.[9][10]

Basically, a faster traveling watermanipulation, usable to push or pull enemies?

This is all from the avatar wiki. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki

Couple interesting moves I think should be added.
:p

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I love the wiki and their description of the amazing moves illustrated by different characters in the show. Very nice comments as to what the moves could do in terms of Minecraft and their mechanics in it! I would love to see the opinion of the developers on this.

~Apple<3

AngryWaterbender

Verified Member
I think water deserves changes to the moves it has first over new ones immediately. Although the idea of the water ring and the water whip is a great idea.

Watermanipulation needs to be more fluent in movement in my opinion

Surge should be more wave looking in my opinion.

Torrent is fine, but it should be slightly more on course, it goes a block or two below the cursor generally.

Ice spike needs to be more fluent in air.

Octopusform, like in another thread, should have a 5 block extension reach. It's too hard to creep along just to get in one punch.

Blood bending should have a limit to how high things can be reached. I can get my faction members over walls with bloodbending without even having them take damage.

Earth blast should be more fluent.

Besides that I can't complain.

I think air should get at least one other offensive move than airswipe.

Water needs more basic moves. Like the ones stated above. Water ring would be a great addition as it would be like airshield, but easier to penetrate and would give knock back and half a heart of damage.

Another idea is ice shield.

It's like being frozen in surge. And blocks most attacks. But when you let go of shift it disappears.

Water tentacle is a must, water benders always have to have a source. And octopusform is to easy to get into.

Hate or add onto my opinions if you want.

-angrywaterbender >:U

Last edited:

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Having a seperate move from Surge to make a shield of ice seems a bit redundant, especially since water is the element of change; turning defense into offense.
And can you explain what you mean by "fluent" I:

AngryWaterbender

Verified Member
It was just a thought but eh.

By fluent, I mean it would move... A little more naturally XD water kind of moving block by block through the air is odd. Add a longer tail on it to maybe fix that issue.

-angrywaterbender >:U

Joeri

Verified Member
there is an ice shield already for water bending and it blocks mostly every attack
I know, but the problem with water is that you need to shift to use alot of moves. like the ice shield. I would understand that you need to shift to make it go all around you. but a 1 directed ice shield and then shifting wich makes you slow is rather unhandy then handy.
In my other thread i also stated a change for octopusform: Being able to expand the arms. Current octopusform isn't good. Shifting makes you slow. it gives people enough time to run away. the defense isn't great asw ll. Chiblockers just jump through it and if you aim attacks good they can get through aswell
Torrent is fine with shifting because it has range

AngryWaterbender

Verified Member
Man everybody is instantly jumping on the ice shield, it was just an idea xD. Octopus form needs the extended reach. Definently. Too easy to penetrate.

Another idea I thought of was a more advanced idea.

Perhaps water could use the ability to freeze themselves and enemies with a water source block. Freezing yourself in torrent takes too long, so maybe a literal ice armor attack. Over the ice sphere, this could be a better idea. By clicking a source a water block would come to you and freeze you in a very small sphere of ice. Shifting, aiming, and clicking will freeze the small sphere over whatever it hits in ice. I know it's very torrent esc, but maybe you could add the right click to freeze yourself to torrent. It would be very helpful. What's you guy's opinion on this?

- >:U

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Man everybody is instantly jumping on the ice shield, it was just an idea xD. Octopus form needs the extended reach. Definently. Too easy to penetrate.

Another idea I thought of was a more advanced idea.

Perhaps water could use the ability to freeze themselves and enemies with a water source block. Freezing yourself in torrent takes too long, so maybe a literal ice armor attack. Over the ice sphere, this could be a better idea. By clicking a source a water block would come to you and freeze you in a very small sphere of ice. Shifting, aiming, and clicking will freeze the small sphere over whatever it hits in ice. I know it's very torrent esc, but maybe you could add the right click to freeze yourself to torrent. It would be very helpful. What's you guy's opinion on this?

- >:U
Octopusform now has a configurable radius that server owners can change.

AngryWaterbender

Verified Member
Wow I don't mean radius, I mean in the other thread how it reaches out and hits people. The server owner hasn't changed any settings other than damage settings really at all...

>:U

orfeas

Verified Member
Yeah,there are a lot of good earthwave moves out there so pk staff could add one of them,I mean earth has only catapult witch is very hard to aim were you want to land

Ehhhhhhhhh ehhhhhhh.I mean it is not nesssecery enough to be a separate move

Isn't that like earth sinking?

Yeah could be an eartharmor combo,it can prove very useful

Well it is not useful.For the diffencive part we have earthgrab.

That is already possible if you make ores earthbendable at the configs.

Maybe an advanced wall running?

Again it is possible.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh,ehhhhh

It could be a waterarmor+waterarms combination

Has been suggested more times than i can count(the ispike from torrent)

Maybe an even more advanced waterspout(waterwave) combo

Maybe....

Btw it would be better if you posted water and earth seperated so you could explain how those moves will work in mc.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Yeah,there are a lot of good earthwave moves out there so pk staff could add one of them,I mean earth has only catapult witch is very hard to aim were you want to land

Ehhhhhhhhh ehhhhhhh.I mean it is not nesssecery enough to be a separate move

Isn't that like earth sinking?

Yeah could be an eartharmor combo,it can prove very useful

Well it is not useful.For the diffencive part we have earthgrab.

That is already possible if you make ores earthbendable at the configs.

Maybe an advanced wall running?

Again it is possible.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh,ehhhhh

It could be a waterarmor+waterarms combination

Has been suggested more times than i can count(the ispike from torrent)

Maybe an even more advanced waterspout(waterwave) combo

Maybe....

Btw it would be better if you posted water and earth seperated so you could explain how those moves will work in mc.
super old post, y u respond :'c

Status
Not open for further replies.